Part One

Perfect Fit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen-year-old Park Jimin was just your average teenage boy. There was nothing really special about him so to say the least. Nothing about Jimin made him stand out from a crowd. He wasn't handsome, nor was he tall or physically fit enough to be deemed what people would consider as a standard good looking guy in South Korea.

 

Seventeen-year-old Park Jimin was just your average teenage boy. An average teenage boy with a crush. A not so typical, ordinary, and quite predictable crush on the most popular guy in school, just like in every boy love manga you've probably read before. Very cliche so to say, except for the part where a happy ending was supposed to take place.

 

Seventeen-year-old Park Jimin was just your average teenage boy. A naive young teenage boy who thought he had found his happily ever after. But in the end, his happily ever after never came.

 

When did it all take place? 

 

Where did everything start?

 

How did it happen?

 

The answer lies within just two beautiful words. 

 

A name.

 

Three breathtaking syllables. 

 

The only thing that could make seventeen-year-old Park Jimin's heart stop instantly beating. 

 

Jeon Jungkook

 

It was something inevitable, something that not a single soul could have prevented from happening. It was inevitable back then, the moment six-year-old Jeon Jungkook suddenly approached a sobbing small 7-year-old Park Jimin, who had just fallen off his swing from being pushed too hard by a fellow classmate. With a badly scraped up knee and an abundant amount of hot fresh tears streaming endlessly down his cute flushed chubby cheeks, Jeon Jungkook did something that made Park Jimin's heart stop beating for the very first time in his short-lived life. 

 

Jeon Jungkook took hold of his small pudgy hand and held it tight. 

 

Six-year-old Jeon Jungkooki held seven-year-old Park Jimin's hand for the very first time back then, pulling him up off the ground and immediately led him to the nurses' office without uttering a single word to him. That small innocent gesture changed Jimin's life and has permanently left an imprint that stuck with him until this very day. 

 

Park Jimin is now seventeen, a Junior in high school. He is now seventeen years old and inevitably has been in love with sixteen-year-old freshman Jeon Jungkook ever since that fateful day when he held his hand at age seven. 

 

Jimin has never hidden the fact from anyone, the fact that he likes boys and that he's been hopelessly crushing on Jeon Jungkook ever since elementary school. Everyone knew about it, even Jungkook himself knew but not once had he said anything about it to Jimin.  

 

Despite everyone knowing those two facts, Jimin never did anything to pursue Jungkook. He knew and has known for a very long time that he wasn't the kind of person Jeon Jungkook would ever fall for. For a long time, Jimin didn’t even know if Jungkook liked guys or not, later to overhear some girls talking about how Jungkook was bi.  

 

For twelve years, Jimin cowardly stood on the sidelines and admired his crush from a comfortable distance. He shied away from ever speaking to him unless it was a polite greeting in return when Jungkook took the initiative to say hi to him on random occasions throughout the years.  

 

But today was different. Jimin had been jittery all morning, a ball of nerves coursed through his entire body as he was about to do something that he never thought he would do. 

 

After Jimin's horrifying encounter a week ago with his step-sister Chaeyoung, who accidentally stumbled upon Jimin's handwritten love letter addressed to the one and only Jeon Jungkook (one that no one was ever supposed to see in the first place), she decided it was about time to do something about it. Chaeyoung had somehow convinced him to confess and so here he was the following week, doing just that. 

 

With all the courage he had built up over the past week, Park Jimin decided it was time to confess to Jeon Jungkook. Even as Jimin took one last deep breath, held his head up high, and confidently marched up to where Jungkook was chatting with his friends near his locker, he knew the ending result. He knew Jungkook was going to reject him (politely of course because Jeon Jungkook's a perfect gentleman) and so he didn't try to make an elaborate event out of it. He simply confessed with a revised version of his previous love letter, holding it out shakily in front of Jungkook. 

 

Jimin paled at what he had just done. His trembling hands gripped tightly onto the love letter still in midair, determination not deterred one bit.

 

The hallway that had been filled with noisy chattering just a second ago instantly turned eerily silent upon the scene. Jeon Jungkook's eyes widened in pure utter shock (Jimin assumed), mouth slightly gaped at him. 

 

“Jeon Jungkook, I like you,”  As terrifying as that was, it also felt good to finally say it out loud, to say it to Jungkook. To finally confess. It felt freeing in a sense being able to do something he never thought he’d get the chance to do.

 

Unexpectedly, what happened next had Jimin mimicking Jungkook’s previous reaction. Eyes widened in pure utter shock, mouth slightly gaped.

 

Sixteen-year-old freshman Jeon Jungkook, without a word, had gently taken the love letter from Jimin and then smiled. He smiled at Jimin. He smiled at Jimin with not just any smile, he smiled the way he only smiles with his closest friends. He smiled his cute bunny smile that had Jimin paralyzed, unmoving. Unexpectedly, Jungkook had actually accepted his love letter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter