Final

Incandescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s Pov

 

*Ding dong deng dong

“This is the final call for the passengers of flight BT1306 to Paris.”

 

‘Oh jeez! I’m late!’ -I thought as I ran towards the gate. Luckily I made it in time and as soon as I sat on my comfortable first class seat, my phone rang.

I couldn’t even say “hello” since the person on the other line was already yelling:

“KIM TAEHYUNG! Where the heck are you?! The presentation of your project is starting in 5 minutes!”

 

“Oh Jin hyung! Heheh I’m so sorry but I forgot it! Heheh” -I replied feigning innocence.

 

“YOU MUST BE KIDDING, RIGHT?! Tell me where you are and I’ll send a car there! You know your dad’s gonna kill us!” -Jin hyung exclaimed completely annoyed by my shenanigans. I’d swear that I could imagine his face at that exact moment.

‘Oh Jin hyung! Heheh’ -I told myself with a smirk while I was trying to choke the laughter that was about to burst.

 

“Sorry, hyung. But I’m already on the plane...”

 

“W-what?! Are you going to Daegu? To Jeju?” -hyung asked, it was obvious that he didn’t want to give up.

 

“Perhaps! Hahah anyway the plane’s taking off now. Bye hyung!” -I said lastly before hanging up.

To be honest, I also felt quite guilty for Jin hyung. I know that he has always worked so hard for our company. He is my cousin, our fathers are brothers and yet he works just as hard as our normal employees. However, his struggles doubled up when he was appointed by my father to be my personal assistant a.k.a. my mentor.

Jin hyung is a typical Kim: business first. But he also knows how to have fun, especially when he’s with me! He’s really like an older brother to me, you know that kind of brother that you always want to annoy. (Sorry, hyung! ^_^”)

 

Anyway I was on my flight to Paris, because my best friend told me that he would give me his birthday present. It was two months in advance, though.

I could still hear Jimin’s excited voice echoing in my head with that cute giggle that escaped him.

I was looking through the pages of a travel magazine trying to kill some time, when my lids started to become heavy and then everything turned black.

 

When I opened my eyes I found myself in a weird place, it was so weird because everything was somehow old.

I was like teleported into an old village, people were wearing traditional clothes and I was in the middle of a public market. It was so crowded and noisy.

And out of that noise I managed to hear someone shouting: “Young master! Young master!”

I turned around and I saw the person running towards me, I backed off a little bit but then as if on cue I said: “Seojoonie hyung.”

He grabbed my hand hurriedly as he was ranting about my father getting angry at me. I wasn’t quite sure about what, but at that moment I knew I was afraid.

When we arrived, I was brought into a room and soon later a man appeared.

“F-father...” -I whispered automatically, as I felt his eyes digging holes in my whole being. And before I could even realize it, I was greeted by a slap on my cheek.

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU MUST NOT SEE THAT BOY ANYMORE!” -he shouted. He was so enraged and I was so scared.

“F-forgive me, father...” -I cried desperately as I knelt in front of him. I even brought my face near his feet.

 

“Do that again and I will make sure you will never see——————————“

 

“Are you alright, sir?” -a woman’s voice woke me up. I was still confused but I was able to nod and smile a little bit, just to reassure the worried flight attendant.

 

‘What a weird dream...’ -I thought while patting my cheeks slightly. And just then I realized that I was actually tearing up. It never happened before.

In order to avoid thinking about that, I thought that maybe I needed some fresh air. So I decided to go to the toilet (yeah fresh air -_-).

When I came back to my seat, I noticed that I slept for more than 7 hours.

“Well, at least my drama-like dream kept me busy for some hours.” -I mumbled as I was trying to find something to do. I didn’t want to sleep anymore since I didn’t want to have dreams as dramatic as that. Because whether I admit it or not, it was pretty realistic (even if it didn’t make any sense).

 

Hours after hours, I finally arrived in Paris. I could swear that my booty became flat for sitting down for so long.

As soon as I was out of the airport, I got my new phone and dialled Jimin’s number. And obviously he couldn’t recognize my number, so I had to explain that I had to get another phone so that Jin hyung wouldn’t be able to track me.

 

“TAEHYUNG-AH!”

 

“JIMIN-AH!”

 

We both shouted in unison as we ran towards each other in slow motion.

Well, what can I say? We’re soulmates. We’re both overdramatic. We have each other’s back. Quite literally, ‘cause as soon as we hugged we both grabbed each other’s butts intuitively.

 

“So where’s my gift?!” -I asked him immediately full of excitement.

“Ya! How dare you?! We haven’t seen each other for 6 months, Kim Taehyung!” -he replied quite offended. He was already pouting like a puppy.

 

“Just kidding! You know you’re already the best gift!” -I said while winking and flashing him a big smile.

“Smooth huh!” -he replied smiling back.

 

While we were on our way to his flat, he explained that he was working for the fashion icon and famous designer Jung Hoseok a.k.a the owner of Hobi’s World. It was one of the most favourite brands of popular stars and idols. He kept on talking about his work and I couldn’t understand what it had to do with the gift.

 

“Taehyung-ah I have some work to do in Italy...” -he said lastly while looking at me with a smirk. I just looked at him wide-eyed, I couldn’t connect the dots.

 

“I-TA-LY Taetae! ITALY!” -he repeated as if it would trace the lines to connect the dots. I was still L.O.S.T.

Jimin sighed heavily.

 

“Italy? Your dream country? We’re going there together! You get it now?” -he was starting to get annoyed.

 

“Ooooh I see! That’s great Jiminie! OMG!” -I exclaimed excitedly. I wanted to give him a tight hug, but he was driving so it was better not to.

Actually when we were young, he was also weirded out by the fact that even though my family is rich, I’ve never been to Italy. And now he knows that my father won’t let me go to other places or countries if it’s not for business or for study. So yeah, I really had to escape just to be able to go to my dream country!

 

Jimin’s flat was quite small but it was really cosy and chic. It was already pretty late when we arrived, so we just drank a cup of tea and slept right away. My body clock hadn’t adjusted yet, but I was pretty jetlagged and I was really tired and that’s probably why I didn’t have trouble sleeping that night.

 

Once I opened my eyes, I was in a dark room and the air was sort of stuffy. And all of a sudden I felt sad and scared.

 

“Hyung...” -a voice echoed in the empty room. My heart skipped a beat to its sweet sound. Just with that one word I felt a sliver of hope through my veins. I looked around trying to see the owner of that voice. Even though deep inside me I felt that I knew who it was.

 

“Hyung, I will get you out of there. I promise... we will go somewhere they will never find us.” -the person whispered. He was full of determination and I-I couldn’t understand what I felt back then. There was a part of me that wanted to say: “No, it will be dangerous for you and I!”

But there was also another part screaming: “Yes, I want to be with you forever!”

 

However, I couldn’t say any of that, all those words were just stuck in my throat. Tears started to run down my face.

 

“Hyung, I love you...” -the voice said lastly, before I could hear its owner’s steps moving away.

 

“I love you too.” -I found myself whispering in the middle of that night. I was still sobbing, when the door opened: I saw a silhouette of a person. My eyes were still adjusting due to the sudden exposure to light when-

 

“Wakey wakey, Taehyungie!” -Jimin exclaimed as he opened the blinds abruptly.

 

“JIMIN-AH!” -I replied completely annoyed, while trying to hide my head under my pillow.

 

“Oh come on! My boss wants to meet you!” -he said acting cute just to be spared from my rage.

 

“You mean Jung Hoseok?!” -I exclaimed as I sprang up from bed. He just nodded in response.

“Oh my! I am such a great fan! Yoongi hyung will go mad when he’ll see our selca!”

 

“Y-Yoongi hyung? How is he doing? Haven’t heard of him for awhile!” -Jimin asked curiously as his tone of voice changed drastically.

 

“Well, still the same. He always says he’s being a rock when he is one of the busiest man I know...” -I replied and added while showing Jimin his picture: “He kinda looks like a dumpling now hahaha.”

 

“Ooh he still looks good huh...” -Jimin stated. He couldn’t hide the slight blush on his cheeks. After all, Yoongi hyung is his first love.

And as far as I know they even dated for a couple of months, but they never told me anything about that because probably they didn’t want to put me in an awkward position (maybe foreseeing their break up).

 

Anyway after enjoying our breakfast, we finally went to meet the one and only Jung Hoseok. When we entered his office Jimin immediately introduced me to his boss.

 

“Kim Taehyung-ssi it is a pleasure to finally meet you!” -he said cheerfully while offering his hand for me to shake. He had a huge smile stamped on his face. He was like the embodiment of happiness itself.

 

“The honour is mine, Jung Hoseok-ssi!” -I replied while bowing politely.

He was someone you could talk to easily. He was already like a friend of mine, in fact he even told me that I could call him “hyung”.

We spent hours and hours of talking about different topics, jumping from personal to business stuff. Well in short, he said that at first he wanted to meet me because Jimin told him about our company and he was interested in expanding his market in South Korea. So he was thinking about a partnership or something like that.

 

”... but I also know that you’re here to celebrate your birthday hehehe I’m sorry if I’m burdening you with all these business related stuff!” -he said with an apologetic smile while scratching the back of his neck.

“It’s okay, hyungnim! Rest assured that I’ll tell my father about it.” -I reassured him. After we had dinner in a fancy restaurant, we exchanged our contact infos and bid goodbye.

 

That evening, when Jimin and I arrived in his flat, we started packing our luggage. We had our flight to Milan the next day. I was so excited!

 

“Listen, Taetae. Are you really going to talk to your father about Hobi hyung’s business proposal?” -Jimin asked while he was choosing his outfits carefully.

“Of course, I like Hoseok hyung! He sounds fun to me!” -I replied as I flashed him a wide grin.

 

“But you’re not interested in your family business, are you?” -he questioned me sceptically. Jimin knows how much I hate working for our company, so maybe he was quite caught off guard when I sort of accepted Hobi hyung’s proposal.

 

“I’m not... I’ll just tell Jin hyung about it and see what he’ll say.” -I answered shortly and added: “I still want to become a photographer!”

 

Yeah, I’ve always wanted to become a photographer, but my father is obviously against it. He even threatened me that he would disown me. And even though I don’t care about losing my position in the company, I can’t stand losing my family.

 

“Taehyung-ah...” -Jimin said softly. His eyes became dark: he was angry. Angry at me and at my father. He has always encouraged me to do whatever I wanted to. And that is probably why every now and then I would disobey my father. However, the only thing that I can’t do is the one I desire the most.

I smiled bitterly as I said: “It’s okay, Jimin-ah. I’m alright...”

 

‘I’m alright’ -my mind repeated, maybe to convince myself a little bit more.

 

The sun was blinding me and even before I could grasp what was happening, I was already being dragged by someone. My body felt so tired and weak, I could barely move my feet.

 

“I’m sorry but we have to go faster!”

 

The voice sounded familiar. I was still thinking of who the person in front of me was, when my knees failed me and I fell on the grass-covered ground.

 

“Young master! Are you alright? Do you want me to carry you?”

It was Seojoon hyung, he was visibly worried. I instinctively shook my head in response as I tried with all of my remaining strength to stand up.

I didn’t have any idea where we were going, but my feet just moved on their own. We ran and ran through the field, which seemed endless at that moment.

 

“We will be there soon, Young master... He’s waiting for us there.” -Seojoon hyung said with a reassuring smile even though he couldn’t hide the concern in his eyes. I nodded as if I knew who he was referring to. And after some more steps we arrived at a crowded place, there were lots of old caravans and people transporting goods in and out of them.

And out of all those people, my eyes drifted to a person standing next to a small caravan. It was like the whole world was in slow motion, except for the two of us.

 

“There he is...” -Seojoon hyung said softly under his breath. I looked at him and followed where his eyes pointed at. And surprisingly we were already looking at the same person. My heart raced a little bit as my feet moved towards his direction. I felt like the happiest person on earth.

 

‘I love you! I love you! I love you!’ -my mind kept on exclaiming, while my chest was about to burst.

 

“I love you.” -I finally whispered, a few steps away from him.

 

“Yeah, I love you too, Taetae.” -Jimin said startling me and making me jump out of the bed.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!” -I exclaimed completely irritated as I ruffled my hair frustrated.

 

“But you said ‘I love you’... so I just replied.” -he answered in tiny with a pout stamped on his face. He was so adorable. So I just apologized and gave him a back hug.

I tried to move on and forget about the fact that it had been days that I would have those strange dreams. I still had to prepare for our flight.

 

We were waiting to board our plane, when Jimin probably noticed that something was off.

 

“Ya, what’s wrong?” -he asked while looking into my eyes. I didn’t even have to think twice. I know that I can tell him everything.

 

“Well, the thing is I’ve been having weird dreams for the past few days...” -I said with a heavy sigh.

 

“Weird dreams huh? What kind of weird dreams are you having, tell me y?” -Jimin asked with a smirk on his face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter