The Café Madness

What If Love?

Guys,,,, I think I'm addicted to Mayday by Crush feat. Joy. I literally can't stop listening to it, also SEULRENE APPEARANCE IN AMAZING SATURDAY NEXT WEEK!! OT5 FULL SCHEDULE LET'S GO

This chapter will have two POVs, and a very wild meeting of our 5 characters. A little bit of fluff here, but a gigantic amount of chaos. Once again, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter!!

Also, thank you very much once again for the votes and comments!! They gave me the biggest motivation to write more and express myself better. Thank you for giving me this strength. This is a very wonderful experience for me really, I am wholeheartedly grateful.

P.S. I'm starting to write the ending I am imagining aaaaaa If it will take a long while, I might split it into two more chapters.

Feel free to leave comments for your thoughts!!!!! I love them so much!!

 


 

Bae Joohyun’s POV

.

A constant communication of a week’s time lead Joohyun to where she was standing right now.

Alas, from the moment she woke up, she always makes sure to message a certain brunette a short “Good morning, my sunshine :)” message to let her know she’s the first thing that’s on her mind as soon as the morning starts. Lunch and dinner were not an exception too, of course. There are times she even patiently waited in front of the Psych Major’s building just to eat an Instant Ramen which was slowly becoming a part of her lunch routine much to her dismay, just to be with her, and only for her.

Joohyun’s efforts were also accompanied with a much more frequent eye contacts and giggles that can beat any melody existing in this world. She also noticed that Seungwan was slowly but surely, opening about her personal life to her during their intimate talks. She can feel it. She was having a huge major progress with her love.

One Sunday morning, Seungwan told her in text that she would need to go to the nearest grocery shop for her dormitory refills. Of course this was an opportunity to Joohyun. Seungwan in Sunday casual clothes… How could she let this event pass by?

Which led her in the back section of the grocery, completely focusing on locating numerous canned goods that was included in the brunette’s shopping list.

“Hey, Joohyun-ah.” A charming whisper occupied Joohyun’s ears in the midst of her grocery food hunt. She pushed her temporarily owned almost-full pushcart and peeked at the corner of the grocery shelf.

“Hmm?”

“Come here for a second.” The brunette was snickering in front of the vegetable stands. She was irresistibly cute, but the whole scenario was entirely suspicious.

Joohyun looked at the love of her life quizzically, but she still marched towards her regardless. Does she think she could resist Seungwan? Never.

“Look at this, Hyun-ah.” Seungwan playfully grabbed a round green leafy vegetable from the tray. “This is you.”

A confused Joohyun raised a single brow. Seungwan took it as an answer and flashed the cutest cheeky smile the woman had ever seen.

“Baechu.” Followed by a very adorable laugh that can almost add 10 years additional to Joohyun’s lifespan while playfully shaking the vegetable within her two small hands.

Joohyun rolled her eyes to hide her growing giggle. Goodness gracious. How can a woman be this effortlessly cute?

"Oh my god. I can't believe you dragged me here just to call me a cabbage."

"Are you annoyed? Ahh, that feels so great." Seungwan leaned in slightly to Joohyun's direction and smirked. "I like annoying you."

"Yeah, I'm annoyed as hell. And sorry to burst your bubble, but I like you, so just keep on annoying me and it won’t affect me in any way."

"Damn..." The brunette winced. "...I was supposed to win at this banter..." Seungwan slowly grunted while looking at Joohyun threateningly. "But anyways. I still win, being in a grocery with you like this makes me happy."

Joohyun exaggeratedly gasped. "Oh my. You’re getting bolder. I felt my heart beat loudly just now." She leaned in forward as well to match Seungwan's intimacy. "I'll let you win, only for now. Seungwan-ah, don't be too confident."

"Oooh, feisty. I like that in a woman." Seungwan quickly flashed her brows upward and leaned back to inquire. "Anyway, kidding aside. Is it okay for you to join me in my groceries? I don't want to waste your free time like this."

"I told you, I don't mind." She shrugged. "More importantly, I'm planning to be a part of your everyday life, so you need to be accustomed to me and my presence as soon as possible."

"I already am." After a brief moment, the brunette squinted her brows as if she was considering opening an important topic to Joohyun. “Ah. If we’re talking about our everyday life, then there’s someone that you have to meet first before everything else.”

The raven-haired tilted her head slightly. Seungwan wants her to meet someone? That person must be special to her. She confirmed with the woman in front of her a week ago that she had no competition to Seungwan’s attention, but Seungwan wants to introduce someone to her…? An unwelcomed state of alarm thoroughly flowed through her nerves. She was threatened… albeit slightly.

“Someone I need to meet first… Who is it?”

“A person very dear to me, probably next to my family. I’d love it if you two become close.”

Unbeknownst to Seungwan’s sweet smiles on recalling her one and only best friend, Joohyun can’t help but to fume with a freshly sprouted jealousy she is now experiencing for the first time.

.

"You mean, Son Seungwan will bring another date..." Sooyoung furiously lifted her cup of a healthy snack in front of their daily rendezvous circle within their shared dorm just before midnight. "...in front of our Salad?!"

Joohyun bit her nails with induced panic. Even she can't believe it. She was sure her relationship with Seungwan was progressing in a good slope. Was it only her wishful thinking? Was it all one-sided? Was it all Seungwan's gentler way to confess to Joohyun that she had someone else in her life now, and she is happy now and she doesn't want to see her again-

"Guys, I feel like this is just a big misunderstanding." Yerim scooped a small serve of fruit salad. "I mean, this Seungwan might be a worrying idiot based on Joohyun's stories, but I don't think she's that big of an idiot. Rejecting Joohyun is already a big mistake, but bringing a rival in love is a mu---ch..." Yerim lifted her spoon in a round motion for emphasis "...bigger mistake. Yah, Joohyun. You know her the most than us both to judge her this early, but what do you think?" 

Joohyun depressingly shook her head. Really, what should she make out of this? She contemplated all their interactions and tried to articulate a solid conclusion within their unspoken battle of a confusing push-and-pull relationship. A lot of times Seungwan was so precious she wanted to hug her till eternity, then the next moment she wanted punch her face out of frustration... with her lips, perhaps?

It's so confusing. Son Seungwan is a perfect personification of a word called Confusion. She pondered heavily on where she is, possibly, currently placed in this prime competition for Seungwan's affection. Will she ever know? She will never know.

"I honestly don't know. Sometimes it feels like there's something, but sometimes... it doesn't?" A sigh involuntarily escaped her lips along with her puzzled emotions. "I will wait for her. I will always wait for her regardless. It's just that... Ugh, this is so frustrating."

"And then? So what will it be?" Sooyoung squinted her eyes while scooping another serve of salad casually. "Will you just let it be? I don't know someone who backs off that easily."

"No." Joohyun instantly flickered her eyes to her wavy-haired best friend. She knew the exact buttons on how to make her triggered. "I won't lose." At last, with a determined hiss.

"Ahhh, finally. Welcome back, our Bae Joohyun." Yerim exaggeratedly sighed. "The next topic will be the counter-attack, then?"

"Counter-attack..." A tap of two or three. "I... haven't thought of any yet. I mean, we only planned to meet Seungwan's dear person and-"

"Oh, ladies." With a disturbing smirk, Sooyoung nudged her two friends onto her. "Listen to me. I have a very good plan for this counter-attack."

This earned a grunt from her other blonde friend. "Oh no. This feels another trouble."  

Joohyun can't help but to agree any less. As much as she was starting to get wary of any advises from these two mini disciples of Satan, any input is critical at this point, most importantly from her two most trusted friends.

Joohyun wants to believe she was still systematic... at least, with a last attempt to convince herself she thought, followed by a series of nods and agreement all throughout the night.

 


 

Son Seungwan’s POV

 

Seungwan had already lost count on how many times she flickered her eyes onto the door of this notorious café.

3:00 p.m. The location and meeting time was easily decided like they are simply guessing each other’s favorite color. She sneakily glanced at her watch, 3:12 p.m. Joohyun is a bit late. She slightly shrugged the uneasiness in her current state. She had always anticipated this meet-up: Between Kang Seulgi, her best friend, and Bae Joohyun, her greatest love interest. I mean, if she wants to be sure and move forward, the chess pieces should be in the right order for the Check Move, right? There’s no point for a senseless worrying.

With her constant finger tapping, she noticed a minute had passed. She did not waste time and peeked once again at the door.

Oh. Still no Joohyun. No text either. She resumed her aggressive tapping, trying so hard not to look excited. She is not excited. She is not excited at all.

Should she call her?

Damn it.

“You’re a hopeless case, Wannie.” Kang Seulgi, sitting while enjoying her slice of chocolate cake, looked at her thoroughly like she caught a kid misbehaving. “You might think you’re doing well in hiding your excitement, but I don’t want to be the bringer of bad news, especially on how agitated you look like right now.

“Huh?! What?! No! I am not excited. I’m just w-wondering why Joohyun’s late.” Seungwan shoved her watch in front of Seulgi in defense. “Look! It’s already 3:15! That woman is usually early. I’m guessing she had a sudden errand or maybe she forgot something along the way or-”

“Are you worried, Wannie?”

As usual, her best friend can read her thoughts.

Kang Seulgi had always been with her within their 6 years of friendship. If she can describe their friendship with one word, Soulmates is the only thing that she can define: Same humor, same line of thought, and same physical availability to tend each other’s worries. Despite the challenge of distance before, it’s amazing that the two can completely maintain their contact in any form possible. Seulgi always tells her that she’s very lucky to have Seungwan, and Seungwan wholeheartedly feels likewise.

A defeated sigh escaped Seungwan’s lips. “…I really want this to work out, you know? I want us to work with you by my side.”

Seungwan wanted Kang Seulgi to meet her center of affection, and wished nothing but to celebrate this newfound happiness with her best friend on her side.

Her head was raised with two hands cupping her jaw with a gentle force. “You’re so, so, so, adorable right now, my Wannie.” The hand was now pinching her cheeks softly. “Don’t worry, I want you to be happy more than anything else, and I’ll make sure I’ll be the flower girl on your future wedding, Okay? I’ll always be here.”

“…Shouldn’t it be maid of honor?”

“I want to be the cutest on your wedding. Let me be.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t steal my spotlight on my own wedding.”

Both women chuckled earnestly. Her best friend can always make her feel soft in any moment, such a precious bear in her life.

Suddenly.

A hard table slam cut through the two women’s senses. Seulgi released her hold on Seungwan’s face and both looked at the intruder surprisingly.

A tall wavy long-haired girl in a black dress stared at Seungwan suspiciously with a tint of rage. A cold sweat slid down to Seungwan’s temple as she was trying to grasp the current situation. In a small second, the mystifying woman leaned forward, hovering her face in only almost a few inch distance away that caused Seungwan’s breathing to hitch. Oh boy.

“You must be Son Seungwan.” The tall girl uttered with a honey-like voice. Seungwan was indeed speechless. Her hands were totally sweaty like she was being fried in maximum heat level in a big bowl of this mystifying woman’s judging eyes. God, this position was so uncomfortable, people in the café might think of a wrong idea and Joohyun will misunderstood-

…Joohyun. Oh no.

“A-a-ahm, excuse me…” Seungwan desperately raised her hand to create a breathing distance between them. “Y-Yes, I’m Seungwan. What… D-do you need something…?”

The woman shrugged and raised Seungwan’s face with her index finger. “I see.” She slowly nodded. “I can totally understand now why Hyun’s so head over heels for you.”

...Hyun?

Like on cue, a woman with an ethereal beauty cut-in between her and the mystifying woman.

“Sooyoung-ah!? What the hell, This isn’t what we talked about!” Joohyun furiously growled at the tall woman carrying extremely flustered face, then suddenly she turned around to face Seungwan with a grave panic in her eyes.

“I’m very, very sorry for this, Seungwan… They…” The raven-haired dejectedly looked at the standing smug woman and another one calmly joining behind Joohyun with a cellphone in hand. “…They are my best friends. I’m very sorry. They… wanted to meet you as well.”

.

This is a very awkward meet-up, all right.

One was looking at Seungwan intimidatingly, one was blinking rapidly due to extreme nervewrecking panic, one was lazily looking at her cellphone undisturbed, one was looking with at her from the corner of her eyes with giant confusion in her face, and here she was, speechless and counting the seconds passing that will lead her to her imminent death.

“So…” Seungwan broke the overwhelming silence by clearing … and for her to regain her endangered sanity. “…I guess this will, uhhh, speed up some things..?” She turned her head to the pony-tailed woman beside her. “I want you guys to meet Kang Seulgi. She’s my precious best friend that I can’t live without for almost a decade.” Seungwan lightly smiled signifying that she has finally calmed down, at least. She then turned her head to the most beautiful woman in her eyes. “Seulgi, this is Bae Joohyun. She’s my…”

…My what?

What are they right now…? They had established an existing feelings in between them which cannot be merely described in a simple word called “Friend”. And more importantly nothing has been declared yet for them to call themselves as “Lover”. Then, where the hell do they stand right now?

Seulgi tilted her head out of confusion for the sudden halt of speech. “O-oh, sorry.” Seungwan then decided to go with the safest route then. “…She’s my... close friend.”

She was suddenly bombarded with numerous insulting snickers from the people beside Joohyun, which was currently having an incredibly stupefied face. A loud ding can be heard from the back of her mind. Damn it. Looks like she made a wrong freaking answer.

“Hi Seulgi, I’m Bae Joohyun.” The goddess quickly regained her composure and reached out her hand. “I’m Seungwan’s…” She shot Seungwan with a threatening glare like she was strangling her behind those menacing stares before returning to her gentle eyes to Seulgi. “…More-than-a-close-friend, as far as I recalled.”

“Oooh, that’s my Queen over there.” The wavy-haired woman in Joohyun’s left slowly clapped her hands proudly. The blonde on the corner lifted a small bottle of spicy soy sauce and nudged the amused woman with a very teasing voice. “Hey, Sooyoung-ah, Look at this. Check out the Label of this soy sauce. I must say, I like it spicy.” “Oh, yeah. Wow, this Label is so well defined, unlike some relationship over here.”

“Please let these two be. They can be a bit… disastrous at times.” Joohyun exhaled audibly to be calm in the midst of the chaos these two mini-children of Satan is currently brewing. “Seungwan, I want you to meet these two. This is Park Sooyoung,” She pointed at the wavy-haired Ms. Mystifying woman. “And this is Kim Yerim.“ Lastly she pointed at the blonde on the corner. “It might be a bit unbelievable, but they’ve been with me through thick and thin. I trust them with my life… most of the time.”

“Hi Seungwan,” Sooyoung was the first one to reach out with a naughty smirk. “You’re cute, and I'm gonna go straight to the point. What do you think of our Bae Joohyun over here? Do you seriously like her?”

A collection of dumbfounded gasps from their table greatly disturbed the peaceful ambiance of the café. Hushes and numerous eyes slowly infiltrated their space, but Joohyun was more frustrated with these two devil incarnates than anything else. “Yah, Park Sooyoung!!!”

“Why? We gotta strike while the iron is hot!”

“Still!! This isn’t the appropriate time to-“

“I do.”

Seungwan can feel Joohyun’s widened stinging eyes piercing through her inner being. There’s no point in tiptoe-ing over the thin ice if the place that she could dive into is the woman in front of her, isn’t it?

“I like Joohyun, that’s why I’m... slowly taking careful steps starting from here.” Seungwan paused for a few seconds to compose her thoughts. “I know you guys are still wary of me, especially things are moving in a pace that even I cannot follow most of the time, but I will assure you that I’m starting to feel things for your friend, and I will express it with the best of my abilities and sincerity-“

“Don’t worry, Joohyun.” Seulgi whispered to the dazed woman while pointing at the woman beside her. “She’s crazy about you.”

“Yah, Kang Seulgi!!!”

 “I’m summarizing your speech, Wannie. Look, Joohyun is too bewildered to sink in all.”

“My, my. We have another cutie over here.” Sooyoung nodded following Seulgi’s direction. “Hi, are you single?”

“Hi, Sooyoung.” Seulgi innocently smiled. “Yes, I am single. Thank you for asking.”

“Oohh, the modesty. Totally my type.”

“Hey, Sooyoung-ah! Stop snatching all the exposure here!” Yerim hissed at her flirty friend who just winked at the pure woman on the opposite side.

Yerim then leaned forward to catch Seungwan’s attention. “Hi Seungwan, I’m Katy.”

A disgusted grunt interrupted her introduction. “Seriously? Katy!?”

“What?! Seungwan’s from Canada! She’ll understand the value of my English Name.”

“How the hell did Katy even became your English Name?”

“Whatever. A beautiful alias for a beautiful woman.”

“I don’t need an English Name, Yerim-ah, but I appreciate the effort.”

“What the hell, I’m talking about Me here.”

Joohyun just silently closed her eyes for her final attempts to conceal her peaking embarrassment.

“They’re… a very lively bunch, huh?” Seungwan leaned in to whisper in front of the raven-haired frustrated woman.

“I’m sorry in behalf of them for ruining the atmosphere...” Joohyun answered with the same volume. “It wasn’t supposed to be like this.”

“No, don’t be.” Seungwan gently smiled. “They make you happy. That’s more than enough reason for me to like them as much.”

In a blink of an eye, they are within their little world. Seungwan felt like she was floating, and Joohyun’s presence was more than enough to keep her on the ground.

Joohyun smiled so sweetly sugar will be near jobless at this point.

“What about me? Do you like me just as much?”

Seungwan felt her heart throbbed in an intensity that will match the loud fireworks in the beautiful night sky. The gears of her mind is now starting to construct a decision that will carry the weight of their relationship for a lifetime.

Now it's up to Seungwan to take the biggest step. All that was left is the right timing, which will come very soon.

“No, I like you more.”