.01

THE CREATION

You stared at the incubator it housing a new male for your project. Project 2020 was a recreation and re-imagined Jeon Jungkook from 1997. Project 2020 would be more advanced than Jungkook ever would have been.

Technology changes every year it getting better with time. Things nowadays were easier.

The technology you had now was superior to the equipment and technology your mom had back in 1997 when Jeon Jungkook was introduced to the lab. The original bloodline of the PROJECT BOY line up.

Since then Jungkook was the only male to have survived it being difficult then to produce males in a lab due to chromosome differences.

If it wasn’t for your mom PROJECT BOY wouldn’t have happened and Jungkook would have cease to exist.

Your mom had gone down in the hall of fame for being the most influential geniuses of her time. Creating Jungkook was the highlight of her career and aspiring young scientists wanted to be just like her.

A pure genius.

She was a role model, and everyone still looked up to her this day.

Even if she was gone.

Even you looked up to her. You decided to become a scientist for that reason. In honor of her you wanted to make her proud knowing she was smiling down at you.

Project 2020

The name on the glass which was written by Seokjin most likely.

You took the back of your lab coat and erased it. You looked at the back of your lab coat sleeve reveling the smeared black in on the fabric.

J e o n J u n g k o o k J r

You said writing it out slowly in English instead of Korean.

You knew it was cliché the very least but in honor of your mom and in honor of the second man-made boy in the lab it was only fitting to name him Junior.

You closed the cap to the dry erase marker before crossing your arms on your chest and out putting the marker in your mouth.

“Hmmm,” you hummed staring at the 2nd accomplishment of PROJECT BOY. Happy to follow in your mom’s footsteps. At this rate it was a legacy.

Knock knock.

The sound had caused you to jump out your thoughts and turn towards the entrance of the large lab room.

“Why are you still here?” A tall beautiful man said to you leaning against the door frame.

“I was just leaving Seokjin god,” you looked at Jr “and what did I tell you about putting science names on my projects? You know I name them,” you said acting like you were offended he was doing his job.

“Al-a, I forget! Plus, you didn’t tell me what to name him, so I just labeled him before chief seen he wasn’t labeled properly and threw a fit over it. ” he said coming into the room closer to where you and Jr were.

You looked at his side profile, his wide shoulders complimenting the white lab coat rather than complimenting him.

How can a person be so attractive?

You smiled at him before drawing your attention to Jr.

“Cheon jungcoooook,” he said sounding it out in English.

“Jeon Jungkook,” you corrected.

He smiled, “I know I’m just playing- oh so your naming him after project 97?”

You shrugged your shoulders, “yeah I just think that in honor of my mom I would,” you said happily.

“Whaa,” he said, “I like it- how is Jungkook anyways?”

Your happiness fell but you revert trying to hide the uncomfortable mention of your “son.”

“He’s good, just a pain in my ,” You said avoiding eye contact.

“You know you’re going to have to tell him who he really is one day,” he said sympathetic.

“I know,” you said not wanting to think about it.

After your mom had died. Project 1997 also known as Jungkook was going to be destroyed. He was 5 at the time, you being 10.

He had become sick and no one could figure out why. With your moms passing there was no other person who knew everything about Jungkook other than you. Her teaching you everything about him.

Seokjin’s father who was one of your mom’s colleagues stopped them from doing so knowing how broken you would be. You had become so attached to Jungkook he didn’t want to see you devastated when you came to the lab to look for him and he was no longer there.

So, he took Jungkook in nursed him back to health. As you got older you figured out what seokjins father had done for you and at age 10 you taught Jungkook that you were his mom.

Ever since then you were just that. Jungkook’s mom.

Everyone played along. And you being a child raised a child.

Jungkook didn’t know the difference. He just grew up calling you mom he knew nothing else but.

That’s why when the day he came to find out his true identity it was going to kill you. You feared he would hate you for turning a science project into playing house. To you he was anything but. He had brought light to your life at a difficult time after your moms passing. You loved him truly with all your heart.

You loved him so much and wanted the best for him. Even if you were wrapped in all these lies. It was all for him. It was to protect him from the truth and what they were going to do to him.

The lie of them all was you were 35 even though you were 25. You couldn’t Remember back when that lie started but every year on your birthday you were ten years older than your actual age. None of it making sense. But to Jungkook he didn’t know. He was oblivious.

He just thought you were youthful looking. Something he couldn’t stand because all his friends liked you.

“Did you hear me?” Seokjin said pulling you out of your thoughts.

“Ah, dae,” you said putting the dry erase marker back on the lab table. Seokjin followed you.

“I know, I know, you said, ” I will when it’s the right time.“

"You’ve been saying taht for the past two years,” frowned.

You walked to the other side of the room sitting down at your desk:

SCIENTIST JEON Y/N

Was written on a plaque at the edge of the large wooden desk.

Seokjin sat in front of you choosing the left chair instead of the right.

“I know, I have. It just hasn’t been the right time; I can’t just be like, oh hi Jungkook you’re a science experiment- your man-made - oh and yes in case you haven’t figured it out but I’m not your mom.” You said throwing your hands up slightly shaking your head in irritation. At how ridiculous it sounded out loud to you.

This made him laugh. Like really laugh.

“I’m glad you find my life issues funny. Oh, it’s ing hilarious,” you glared at him as he held his stomach his windshield wiper laughs filling the lab.

He started coughing, “ I can’t breathe,” he wheezed.

You just stared at him annoyed

Get out my lab you said with annoyance.

“Okay, okay, I know it’s not funny,” he said sitting up straight becoming serious, “I know how much Jungkook means to you, and that you want what’s best for him. "I’m sorry I don’t understand as much as you would like me too, I haven’t been what you been through.”

You felt like becoming emotional. He was right no one knew what you been through. At 15 you moved out from your dads to raise Jungkook because he thought Jungkook was an abomination. He said that you should have let him be perished and destroyed. And that you were stupid for caring for my mother’s science experiment.

He also hit you after he said that, drunk, with a beer in his hand.

He became a drunk after your mom died. Just a drunk, angry, old man hating the world for taking your mom.

But it was god’s choice.

Cancer took her.

“Ahhh, y/n are you crying?” He got up walking around your desk. Grabbing your shaken form bending down to hug you.

Between your mom, your father, and Jungkook, you wanted to break down, all three of them brought tears to your eyes. Each of them for different reasons.

“Noooooo,” you cried harder.

He grabbed you tighter bending down to you more.

“Ahhh, Y/n it’s going to be okay things happen for a reason and things revel them self in time. Don’t hold on all the guilt in your heart you’ll get sick and I don’t want to take care of you get sick.”

You pushed him. He stumbled and laughed.

“Go home it’s getting late.” He said

Let’s go he said grabbing you and pushing you towards the door.

Bye Jr you called as you got shoved out the door.