.00

THE CREATION

You stood before the incubators and look up at the embryo through the glass, staring at it in amazement. You were only five, but it had been the coolest thing you’ve seen thus far.

Your mom Yoona looked down at you smiling, “This one is special,” she said never taking her eyes off you. To her, you were the best thing in her life, and she loved you so much.

You ripped your innocent eyes away from the man-made embryo. It floats in the incubator womb.

“What’s its name?” you said asking curious about the baby.

“ HE is a boy, and he doesn’t have a name,” She said finally taking her eyes off you to look at project 1997. One of her best accomplishments of her science career.

“Why?” you said as it confused your little five-year-old noggin.

“As scientists we don’t really give them names here. His "name” if we refer to him in the lab is 090197,“ she laughed as none of that made sense to your five-year-old brain- Your face scrunched up in confusion. "You can name him honey if you want,” your mom said taking her hands out of her white long lab coat- not wanting to further discuss her five-year-old child about work rules and regulations.

You turned your attention back to the man-made baby and watched as he moved. He started imitating kicking as if he was in a real human womb. You smiled, excited your mom was going to let you name him. Her Job was so cool to you. Making baby’s, but scientist style.

“Wanna know something cool?” Your mom asked.

“What, what, what?!” you said intrigued jumping up and down.

“He is the first and ONLY boy we have in lab” she said smiling down at you.

Your eyes lit up,“Reallyyy!” You said happy as ever. Not really processing what that meant and why. But being five you didn’t care.

Your mom loved showing you around her workplace. You always asked about the different embryos but this one had its own special room. Because he was simply special.

Project 1997

- was written on top his incubator on the glass with dry erase marker.

This embryo was the one your mom had created on her own. And she was proud watching him grow but it dawned on her that she didn’t think to name him even though they didn’t name things here in the GIO Lab unless it was scientific related.

But considering that this was her project- and she created him on her own without any help, she should have named the boy.

He was the only boy because, no one could figure out how to create the genetics 🧬 properly. Your mom had spent day in and day out putting her heart and soul into this embryo and when he finally grew and showed signs of being a male, everyone was shocked.

Months and months running on no sleep had finally paid off.

The boy moved around in the womb exciting you.

“So, what do you wanna name him?” Your mom said with a smile.

“I want to name him Jungkook.” You said randomly picking a name.

Your mom thought about it, “I like that, "she said looking back at the boy.

She went to the nearby lab desk and grabbed a dry erase marker. She erased the previous name project 1997 off the glass with the back of her lab coat it coming off with ease staining her lab coat black slightly with the ink.

In place of that she wrote Jeon Jungkook in Korean. Jeon being your family name.

"Chaa,” she said surprising you with the name you picked.

“Jeon Jungkook,” she ran her finger under the name reading it for you. She picked you up and you put your small little hand on the glass.

“Hi Jungkook-ssi” you said

 

image


“Hi jungkook,” your mom whispered.

~