Flashing Lights

A crazy little thing called Love

Short update!
Hey hey hey! Hope everyone's fine ^^ I'm studying for my upcoming exams so I'm sorry for the short updates..I write in the free time hehe

Let me know what you think about it and what you would like to see in the next chapters!! Your thoughts are always gladly appreciated and useful to improve!! ^^
Take care!!!!

 

 

 

  • “Please, Mina, take a seat.”, Mr Minatozaki said his voice was solemn making the girl hesitate for a second, his eyes were glistening under the dim lights of the office.
  • “Of course, Mr Minatozaki. I heard you needed to see me pretty urgently, what can I do for you?”, she said.

The older man started to stare at her directly in the eyes, the girl feeling way more uncomfortable now since she had feared this confrontation for a long time.

Sana’s dad wasn’t scary, but the solemn tone and the important role he had worked so hard during his whole life to achieve made his presence imposing.

  • “Please, drop the formalities, Mina. Even if my daughter acted like a kid and broke your vows, which I’m deeply sorry about, you will always be part of this family. Your father is a great friend of mine, this is the least I can do for him.”, a small and sincere smile appeared on his face. Mina was a little more relaxed and the tension she was feeling suddenly released just as her grip, something her black dress was pretty thankful about.
  • “Sir..Uncle, I know you’re sorry and I gladly accept your apologies. I really do. I’m truly grateful for everything you and the Minatozaki family, including your daughter did for me. I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for the huge help I received from you.”, Mina said slightly bowing with her head.
  • “See? That’s what I was talking about when I said my daughter would regret her childish behavior. You’ve grown into a beautiful woman, Mina. We will always be here for you, don’t forget it. And please, send my best regards to Sachiko and Akira. I’m glad your dad is feeling better.”, his smile was sincere and full with fondness, the girl felt happy as the words he just told her had just validated the fact she could finally start again.

 

Meanwhile the shadow of a young woman slowly disappeared while just the sound of clicking heels could be heard from a distance.


Mina couldn’t forget the staring game she had played with Jeongyeon during the whole meeting, with the stinging feeling of her kiss still fresh in her memory.

The girl started fidgeting with the Mont-Blanc stylo her dad gave her as a present for her graduation while a pair of warm hands suddenly brought her back to reality.

  • “You seem distracted today, Mrs Myoui. May I help you?”, a soothing voice whispered softly to her ear, lucky they had decided to stay late in order to finish the upcoming campaign they were woking on.
  • “Well”, she cleared her voice, “thanks for taking me back to reality, that alone already helped a lot”. She giggled, and Jeongyeon knew perfectly that giggle was contagious.
  • “Glad it helped, Mina. I’m your chief now but you can talk to me, you know?” Jeongyeon said in a seductive tone, her hands starting to travel down from Mina’s shoulders to her toned but feminine arms. “Boss”, Mina thought.
  • “You are here since less than 10 hours and you’re already bragging about your position.”, the younger said.
  • It felt strange to Jeongyeon almost like the talkback and Mina’s confident attitude was a turnon. Her light touch changed to a more firm one now that her fingertips were on Mina’s thighs, resting on the inner part.

  • “What? You look mad, Jeongyeon-ssi. Is my attitude too much for you to handle?”, Mina knew perfectly that was the moment she was waiting for to change the roles. She stood up and faced her boss, their eyes met while fighting the urge to kiss. Mina pushed softly an amazed Jeongyeon to the wall, placing her knee between the older woman legs and making her groan.
  • “Too much? I guess this is just the tip of the iceberg, Mina-ssi. Surprise me.”, Jeongyeon said, softly biting her earlobe.
  • Both couldn’t resist anymore the need to feel the contact of their bodies. They started to kiss feverishly, Mina ruffling and gripping on Jeongyeon’s black hair while the other was biting and kissing her neck.

  • “Jeongyeon-ssi”, Mina said out of breath while her boss was ping her black satin brasiere, “not ..not here, please” she said resting her forehead on Jeongyeon’s while panting.
  • “You’re right, Mina-ssi. I’m sorry.”, Jeongyeon lowered her eyes and started buttoning up Mina’s blouse.
    The younger girl stared at her with fondness while doing such a simple gesture. Right now she knew she wasn’t in front of her boss but just Jeongyeon and even if their roleplaying might feel nice she felt genuinely happy. Happy that someone respected her and waited for her to be ready.
  • “Why are you smiling?”, she asked looking like a curious kid and Mina didn’t say a word.
  • She just kissed her, softly while cupping her face with both her hands. After their lips separated Mina giggled and Jeongyeon loved that.

  • “What?”, Jeongyeon said.
  • “Nothing. I…I just think I really, really like my new boss.”, and they both laughed illuminated by the capital’s flashing lights.

 

The way back home was pretty chill, both asking normal questions about each other’s childhood, friends, passions and lives in general.

Mina dicovered Jeongyeon had two older sisters, one was a well known actress and the other one a Pharmacist, and also that she had one dog and a cat (originally two dogs but one had passed away recently and she wasn’t comfortable talking about it).

Jeongyeon was surprised to discover Mina loved Lego’s and had a little dog named Ray, and the story of her adopting the pet while having a nosebleed was probably the best part according to her.

 

  • “Yaaaah, Yoo Jeongyeon, stop making fun of me! I was only an elementary student back then!!”, Mina started waddling to her.
  • “Waeee? You adopted Ray from a student?”, Jeongyeon was clearly a no jam but the whole situation was really ridiculous.

Mina sticked her tongue out while Jeongyeon replied to her with a silly face. They were 30 years old and actually acting like two teenagers on their first date. Jeongyeon felt bold enough to peck Mina’s lips while she was acting cute and the other was left flustered.

 

  • “Eh-ehm”, someone suddenly interrupted their moment.
  • “Oh, hey Sana. What are you doing here?”, Mina said while nervously crossing her arms.
  • “I know you kinda hate me but this is still also my house for a while”, she said with a melancholic smile, “no worries though, I’ll just pick my suitcase and leave, I have a flight to catch tomorrow morning”.
  • “Wait…Are you leaving?, if Sana didn’t know that her ex wife hated her she would have said she almost looked worried.
  • “I thought Dad told you. I’ll be the new chief in Japan, for awhile at least. I hope my stuff won’t bother you..two here”, Mina’s cheeks suddenly became red as cherries, I’ll have someone picking it up before the end of the month.”, she turned her back.
  • “Sana..wait”, Mina was unsure about what she was feeling. Was it sadness? Or she was simply shocked about the news?
  • “Yeah?”, Sana said with a puzzled expression and looked at Jeongyeon’s fingers intertwined with Mina’s. For a second it hurted, but she knew she lost her because of her past mistakes and also that Mina deserved someone that could give her the happiness she was worthy of.
  • “Well…Be careful and well, this will always be our house. Don’t forget that.”, it was after hearing those words that Sana’s heart broke completely and the lump in left her speechless.

She really didn’t deserve the love that woman gave her long time ago and that was the proof. So she put up her best poker face and started to walk towards her Porsche.

  • “Thank you, Minari” Sana said right after touching her car’s door, “and welcome to the agency, Jeongyeon-ssi, I’m sure I’m leaving both in great hands”.

With a smirk the beautiful Japanese entered her car and disappeared through the streets of Seoul.

 

They both looked at the trails of Sana’s car.

  • “I’m sorry Jeongyeon-ssi. We barely know each other and you’re still in the middle of my chaotic life” Mina left out a sarcastic laugh.
  • “I’m your boss, Mina-ssi. This means I could be either the one making your life chaotic or the reason why you’ll finally make a fresh start.”, Jeongyeon looked at her.
  • “Wait, this last statement doesn’t even make sen-..”, and Mina felt a pair of plump lips pressed on hers and after a couple of seconds that seemed years she looked at the other woman in disbelief.
  • “I just think your boss really really likes you back”, Jeongyeon said and kissed her again softly, their lips dancing in unison matching the same pace.
  • “We should stop kissing in front of my door, my neighbor could start thinking weird stuff”, the younger said with a goofy tone.
  • “I’m suddenly kinda interested in the weird stuff you just mentioned!”, Jeongyeon said while laughing and kissing the others’ cheek.
  • “Wanna come in?”, Mina asked almost like a plea, her eyes glistening.
  • “I’d absolutely love to, Mina-ssi”.