Ex's and Oh's

A crazy little thing called Love

The sound of long fingernails tapping on glass and the shadow of a slender woman sitting near the fireplace startled the Japanese as soon as she closed the front door.

  • “Welcome back, darling.”, the blonde said with a smirk while looking at her with her beautiful legs crossed in a bossy pose.
  • “Oh, you’re playing that card now. I see, and  I’m not even surprised to be honest…honey.”, Mina decided to follow her and keep it up with whichever game the other was trying to play. In the end both knew each other well and neither of them liked to play with all of their cards exposed.
  • “Oh, I’m impressed. So you finally learned how to play.”, the older woman elegantly stood up and started to walk slowly towards her, “I missed this side of you so much, Minari”. Her slender fingers aimed for Mina’s right cheek but missed, after the girl hissed silently and turned her head slightly.
  • “Resentful, as always”, she said with a click of her tongue. Her eyes started wandering over Mina’s feminine body, her face looking smug and amused.
  • “Don’t even think about it. You should consider yourself lucky enough I din’t kick you out instantly.”, Mina seemed pissed as she really, really couldn’t stand the woman in front of her.
  • “That’s sad, I thought we could talk calmly since you seemed so happy after that stolen kiss in front of your door. So old school, I like her. See? I’m your wife and I’m not even bothered you kissed a stranger, Mi-na-ri.”, she started teasing her, again.
  • “Really? Well, you didn’t seem so worried about me being your wife when you decided to seduce your assistant and have a steamy night with her in your office, Sa-tang.”, Mina replied. What started as a confrontation between two well grown women ended up looking like an argument between two teenagers. Amazing, truly amazing.


Sana was well aware about how much she made Mina suffer and it would be a lie if she said she felt completely okay about it. She was never really famous for her loyalty but she decided to take a risk when she met Mina.

Everything happened because their dads were working in the same company as business partners so when they were kids it was normal for both of them to hang out together also because their moms were also childhood friends.

This is a really little world we live in.

But getting back to their story, let me start by saying it wasn’t a simple one since the very beginning. 

 

  • Kinda a flashback (?) -

They both went to the same college but showed their true colors when sophomore and that basically happened when Sana decided to date Park Jihyo one of the most influencing people in the whole college, and not only because of her grades.

She was smart, rich and also friend with basically the future heiress of the biggest names in the entertainment field. She was THE GIRL, and not someone you would just casually date.

Things were amazing between those two, Jihyo was really nice and added company to their group of friends which was pretty “limited”. Mina was the typical shy and beautiful girl everyone was too scared to approach and her top grades didn’t help since many of their classmates find that menacing.

  • “You should relax a bit, Mina-ssi”, the it girl Im Nayeon said just before sipping a bit of her Espresso, “I mean, you’re beautiful, elegant, basically anyone on this planet would do crazy things to just have a casual talk with you”.
  • “She’s right”, Jihyo said.
  • “I used to be sad and lonely like you are before meeting my girlfriend, and look at me now”, Nayeon said.
  • “R-really?”, Mina’s eyes widened in surprise.
  • “No, but I’m happy that gave you a bit of motivation, darling”.
  • “That was rude, Nabongs. You were a total loser before meeting J-..Sana, stop!”, Jihyo panicked. Sana was basically smooching her in front of the whole cafeteria.
  • “You are exaggerating, luv! What did I miss?”, Sana said and ate a cherry.
  • “Hey, those are mine!”, Mina said trying to catch it.
  • “Oh…Really? Take it back, then…Mi-na-ri”. Sana said with a sensual voice and smirking, Jihyo disappointed but not surprised at her behavior. Sana was dangerous and the whole class knew it, especially Mina.

 

  • End of the flashback -
  • “What was it? I mean, her name…I think it was Momo? You seem to have a thing for Japanese women”, Mina said sarcastically.
  • “Well…call it home court advantage.”, Sana pushed the other girl so she had her trapped between her and the cold marble of the wall making her shiver for a second.
  • “Stop. I won’t let you play with me anymore”, Mina pressed two fingers on her wife’s lips, “I already signed the divorce papers, please leave in the morning. I already packed all your stuff.” and with that she left her wondering in her living room with a opened bottle of expensive red wine.

 

When Mina woke up there wasn’t any trace of Sana left in her apartment, as their meeting the night before had been only a dream. Or a nightmare.

Her heart was still aching because of her betrayal and even if she hated to show her weaknesses sometimes she still found herself crying about the end of their marriage.

Of course she knew it wasn’t a tragedy, she was still young and beautiful but at first she really believed they could work things out. But Sana just revealed she didn’t change, she was still the same selfish person as 10 years ago. She thought she wouldn’t do the same she did to Jihyo back the, she thought she really was the exception. 

But treachery knows no face or feelings.

She had already accepted that she had been just another doll playing in Sana’s playground and she had also accepted the fact she had to move on for her sake only.

When we meet someone and we start to think they have a special place in our heart we start to slowly down our guard until is too late to dodge it and the only thing we have left is to take that hit and move on.

 

 

Jeongyeon was choosing silently which suit she should wear for her first day as the new business partner in MM Entertainment when her cellphone suddenly started ringing.

  • “Good morning, of course. I’ll be there in a bit. Thanks for the great opportunity Mr. Minatozaki. I feel incredibly honored to work along with you.”, she unconsciously smiled.

 

 

  • “Are you crazy, dad?”, Sana shouted.
  • “Lower your voice, kiddo. I’m your dad, chairman of this agency. I won’t accept your rudeness. Now sit”.
  • “Yeah, sorry Father. I had a tough day”, Sana said massaging her temples.
  • “I heard. She signed the papers, well I’m not surprised. She’s right, you probably weren’t enough to be with a Myoui. I’m so upset and disappointed, neither I or your mother had raised you to be so reckless. I wish you had proven me wrong, Sana. I really do.”, her father said lowering his eyes.
  • “I’m sorry, I wish next time to act better and prove you wrong.”, she said gritting her teeth.
  • “I wish you applied this stubbornness of yours while managing the agency, but I can’t trust you. Not right now at least. That’s why you’ll work here…assisting our new chief and partner. Yoo Jeongyeon”, Sana was on the verge of shouting again.
  • “As you wish, father”, and she left.

 

After arranging her hair in a messy but also classy bun Mina decided to join the meeting with the heads of the agency, since she just got her place as a art director she wanted to invest all her energy working hard for her future.

 

  • “And that is why we chose to hire Yoo Jeongyeon as our business manager, being also one of the main and new investors. We like to bet on young talents, I’m sure you’ll do great things with us”, Mr Minatozaki said.

Sana was at his side, silent and with a stoic expression.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon stared at her with a glimpse of excitement in her eyes.

 

  • “My life is a damn mess.”, that was the only thing Mina could think about.

That was a day no one would easily forget.