First Kiss

One Floor Apart

Yuju doesn't do a lot on her free time, she likes climbing stuff, mostly out of boredom but sometimes out of curiosity. She remembers feeling curious of what it would feel like to climb into Sinb's lap and cradle her face. She had voiced it to the younger as a joke but Sinb gave her a look. The same look she would sometimes catch her have if they locked eyes on a program. 

"Like...this?" Sinb whispers under her breath. Crawling closer and getting into Yuna's lap. Their chests pressed against each other as Eunbi cups Yuna's cheeks. A triumphant smile on her lips as Yuna's cheeks burn with embarrassment. Sinb's lips are warm and gentle. Smothering her. Yerin let's out a surprised yell followed  a "oowww" as Umji probably slapped the elder. Sinb ignores them, prying Yuna's mouth open and exploring with her tongue. Yuna moans, desperate fingers grabbing onto Sinb's shirt. 

"Oh nooo....we have another Sowon Eunha on our hands..." Yerin says. Sinb looks at her with an annoyed face. She didn't like being compared to the most annoying couple ever. Especially not after her first kiss with her favourite member. Yuna laughs  its bright and it makes Eunbi laugh with her. 

Throughout the day whenever they would meet eyes, Yuna would burst out laughing. It's weird but strangely endearing  Yuju in her own world with Sinb prying herself in. Honestly Sinb had fought back a strange feeling in her chest whenever Umji and Yuju cried together. It was weird, that she would feel angry at them for being crying buddies. Especially when Sinb had Yerin that constantly dragged her out and about. Sinb tried to shake  it off. But during one of their recordings they had to praise the person sitting to their right and of course Yuju had to sit there. Sinb tried her best to be honest while keeping most of it to herself. It would  be weird if she said she loved her deep brown eyes, and cheeky smile. So she settled with saying some regular statements. Ignoring how her cheeks burned. Sinb thinks that's the moment she realized she like liked Yuna.

They go about their dormitory life, not directly hiding their growing feelings nor confirming them. Eunha and Sowon get their room together and Yerin takes Umji so Sinb is stuck with Yuju. Stuck is maybe the wrong word, but Sinb thinks that now there's no way she can escape her, or the feeling in her chest. Yuju doesn't mind, she is busy in her own world with her dorky nonsense, climbing door frames and whatnot. Sinb films, barely keeping her laughter at bay as she does. Sowon scolds them when she catches their antics. Her face roaring with anger the same way it did during ISAC when Yerin carried both Eunha and Sinb on her back. Sowon isn't a party-pooper, but she sometimes seems like one. "What if you hurt yourself and-" Sinb doesn't listen, she heard her angry rants so many times. Eunha and Yerin reasons with their upset leader and Eunha seems to win her tall girlfriend over with the promises of y times- Sinb covers her ears. Eww, and no. Why did they have to say it in their premise? Yuju wraps her arm around Sinb and leans in close. "Someone is curled around Eunha's pinky" she says, face buried in Sinb's hair. Sinb blushes and tries to laugh, but it comes out forced and strained. Yuju leans back to look at Sinb's face. "You like that?" she whispers and Sinb's cheeks turn a deeper shade of red. Yuju would sometimes initiate holding hands that lead to their lips meeting as well, but it didn't escalate past that. Sinb got so used to it over time that whenever Yuju was around she would get close so their hands could intertwine. Yerin and Umji would wink at them and do pouty faces their direction. Usually resulting in Sinb throwing whatever she could grasp at them. And Sowon scolding her.

Sinb finds Yuju laying in Sinb's bed one afternoon, she looks relaxed with her hands behind her head and eyes closed. "Do you mind?" Sinb asks, Yuju opens one eye to look at her then scoots over to make space. Sinb lays down beside her, her head resting on Yuju's bicep. Yuju turns her head to look at her. "You're really nice Eunbi" she says and Sinb isn't sure what to make out of it, or of her heart that goes wild in her chest. "Thanks, you too?" Yuju's smile broadens. She leans in and places a kiss on Sinb's lips then her cheek and then her nose. "I think I love you" she says. Yuju isn't sure when, or how, or why... but it feels right.  Sinb nods her head her words stuck in as she struggles to reply. Her hands reaching for Yuju's. "-I...I love you too" she replies it's bashful and shy, and nothing like what Sinb expected herself to sound like. Yuju crawls on top of Sinb, pinning her hands beside her head as she kisses her deep, deeper than before and it makes Sinb's head spin.