Chapter 3

Keep It In The Closet

After two and a half hours they finally land in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, a mountainous city famous for its winter scenery---meaning perfect to catch a glimpse of the "Diamond Snow."

As expected, there were a lot of fans waiting for their arrival. The airport was literally packed with fans, but that's not surprising considering SNSD hasn't been in Japan for quite some time. 
 

"That's true. We haven't been here for a while! J-Sones must've missed us and are eager to see just a glimpse of us," Yoona whispers to herself when she realizes this. "Did you say something Yoong," asks Sooyoung who's walking just beside her, protectively.

Sooyoung is surprised when Yoona ignores her question but instead clings onto her arm and greets fans brightly. She's confused for a minute and nearly looses her breath when she sees Yoona's blinding smile, but being a smart girl she quickly catches on to what Yoona is doing and joins.

They both wave and greet J-Sones brightly. They make it outside and wait for their car when Yoona decides to give a little fan service. She moves behind Sooyoung and hugs her, cuddling the taller girl like a giant teddy bear. The fans squeal from witnessing the action. Sooyoung's heart quickens but she still manages to show a small smile. 

"Ah, smooth Yoong!"

'It's just fan service, nothing more,'  she responds mentally. "Whatever you say."

Right before she has a chance to respond to me again their car arrives. The driver gets out and takes their luggage placing it in the trunk of the car. Sooyoung and Yoona bid farewell to their fans with a slight bow and a wave of the hand. Sooyoung opens and holds the door open for Yoona to get in first. The fans 'aww' and scream at her manners. Yoona smiles and hops in first, Sooyoung follows and the car drives off. The driver already knows where to take them and heads there.

They arrive at a lodge hotel in Sapporo, not to far from the excitement of the winter festival. After checking in they head to their lodge. Sooyoung unlocks the door and holds the door open for Yoona to enter first. 'She's such a gentlewoman,' Yoona smiles and thinks as she enters into their lodge. Sooyoung places their luggage next to the Chest of draws, and begins taking off her winter outwear while Yoona looks around their lodge a bit. 
 

She turns around and notices that Sooyoung has already stretched out onto a bed, she approaches the girl who lays still with her eyes close. "Unnie are you going to sleep," she asks. Sooyoung opens her eyes just a bit to acknowledge the girl standing over her, then closes them again. "Ne. I'm still a bit tired from the flight and drive. Is it okay if I rest a bit?"

"Of course! Um, I'll order us some food later on," Sooyoung slightly smiles and drifts off back to sleep. Seeing her member fall back asleep Yoona turns around and let's her be. She finally takes off her coat and scarf and her socks, and places them in the chair with Sooyoung's. 

Yoona takes the initiative of putting their things in the proper places before finally settling down. She sits on her bed and turns the TV on, lowering the volume to not wake Sooyoung. A food commercial passes and her stomach growls immediately at the sight of it.

'Aish. I haven't eaten anything since we left," she says to herself while holding her hungry tummy.

"Maybe you should make that order now Yoona-ah. I'm sure Sooyoung would be delighted to wake up to a prepared meal!"

"Jinjja?" She glances over to the sleeping girl. "Arasso, I guess I'll go ahead and make the order. But not just because of Sooyoung! I'm hungry too."

"Of course~"

Yoona grabs the phone off the nightstand and dials a number. With broken Japanese she manages to make an order for to two to be delivered to their lodge.

Bored watching TV and trying to follow what's being said, she turns it off and closes her eyes for a minute. She enjoys her moment of peace and quiet, but that's broken when she hears a soft whisper. 
 

Opening her eyes she looks directly at the sleeping girl who's mumbling an incoherent word. 'Hm. Sounds like she's calling someone in her sleep,' Yoona thinks to herself.

 She quietly stands up and moves to the side of Sooyoung's bed, but she still can't quite make out what the sleeping girl is saying. So, this time she bends her body a bit more, leaning down to hear clearly.

"Yoona"

Eyes widen, "Huh! Did she just say my name?"  Before Yoona can listen again to see if she heard right a knock is heard at the door. 

Though a bit frustrated she knows it's their dinner that's arrived. She pays and thanks the delivery man and quickly closes the door, "It's freezing out there!"

 A few minutes later and Yoona already has the food spread across the small table in the kitchen. 'Now to wake up Sooyoungie!'

Standing back at the side of Sooyoung's bed Yoona begins to make attempts to wake her up. "Unnie, it's time to eat," she says but to no avail. She shakes the girl a few times, "Sooyoungie please wake up or I'll eat your food too!"

Sooyoung's eyes finally crack open after the last sentence. "Unnie get up, it's time to eat." 

"Ne," Sooyoung says groggily and slowly sits up rubbing her eyes and stretching her arms. 'Cute,' Yoona thinks. When Sooyoung finally gets up they both make their way to the table and sit across from each other.

"Soup Curry," Sooyoung says in delight when she sees the familiar dish. Yoona hums, "I thought it would be nice to have on such a cold night. 
 

Sooyoung nods in agreement, "Gomawa!" She doesn't waste time blowing the soup, and just slurps a spoonful of the steaming hot curry.

"AHH!"

"Unnie why didn't you blow on it first?!" Yoona rushes to get a glass of cold water. Sooyoung quickly grabs the glass and chugs it to cool her tongue, causing water to drip down the corners of .  

"Aish! Unnie you're really like a baby sometimes," she huffs as she wipes the corners of Sooyoung's mouth. She doesn't hear a smart reply back which is unusual for the older girl who is usually with her responses.

 Yoona looks up to ask why Sooyoung is suddenly so quiet. When their eyes meet she suddenly realizes that their faces are extremely close. Sooyoung is the first to look away and Yoona swears she was about to say something but didn't.

"Sorry, I guess I was hungrier than I thought. I'll be more careful," Sooyoung says while trying her best not to make eye contact. Yoona just nods her head and sits down to eat. Both have too much running through their heads to hold any conversation, so the only thing that can be heard is slurping as they finish their hot soup.