Chapter 2

Keep It In The Closet

'Aish! Where is it?! Sooyoung will be here any minute now, and I still haven't found it!!'

Yoona is running around her room tossing things to and fro looking for something. At this point she's nearly pulling her hair out in frustration. 
 

At the front door is a single suitcase. Her dog Rae-O has already been dropped off at her appa's house. The girl who has now moved her search into the living room, seems to be ready but also seems to have lost someth--

'I didn't lose it I just misplaced it! Wait.'  Yoona suddenly stops her search and stands straight. The look on her face shows she's pondering about something. Could she have figured out where she's "misplaced" this mysterious lost object!

"Who is that talking?" Yoona asks aloud frantically looking for another presence. "There it goes again!"

"Wait a minute you can hear me?" I ask the now frightened girl.

"Ne! Who...who are you?" Yoona asks me. "Me? I'm the author of this story, and I'm currently narrating this scene."

"Author? Story? I don't understand. Don't lie to me! Show yourself," Yoona demands of me. "I can't show myself! I don't exist in your universe. You see you're just apart of a fictional universe that I created," I try to explain to the girl who's now holding onto a broom. I guess to use as a weapon.

"LIAR! I just want you to know that I'm calling the cops if you don't come out and tell the truth. And my friend will be here any minute now so don't try anything!" Yoona pulls out her phone and is about to call the cops.

"Wait! Slow down! Okay, okay. Um. I'm your conscience," I try my luck. "My conscience," Yoona questions with doubt. "How come I've never heard you before?"

"Aw, right! We haven't spoken in awhile that's why! How are ya?" I continue to play the part to convince the girl. Yoona seems to pause before answering, "Um, I'm good I guess. But what do you want all of a sudden."

"What do I want? Um, I'm just here to guide you! Seems you'll be needing my guidance these next few days," I answer with confidence. Yoona thinks on my reply for a second, "Hm, okay." She shrugs her shoulders and puts her phone away, and the broom down. She moves to return to her search. That was a close one or the cops would've thought Girls' Generation's Yoona is a lunatic!

"Hey conscience," she calls out. "Yeah," I respond. "If you're here to guide me, then help me find my necklace." Yoona even shamelessly adds a pout to her request.

"What necklace," I inquire for more information to find it. "The necklace Sooyoungie bought me after my first drama. It's silver with the head of a cute bear hanging on it, it even has a pink gemmed bow on it. If you're my conscience you should know this!" 
 

"Ah, yeah! That necklace! Why don't you try looking in the bathroom," I quickly reply to cover myself. 
 

'Hm, the bathroom? I haven't looked there.'

"Thank you conscience!" Just as Yoona is making her way to the bathroom she hears her doorbell. She runs to the monitor and sees that it's Sooyoung standing outside her place, so she goes to open the door. "Sooyoung you're here," she exclaims.

"Hello to you too Yoong," Sooyoung replies in a teasing manner. "Mianhae! I just wasn't paying attention to the time, so I was surprised," Yoona explains. 

"It's okay," Sooyoung smiles and says. They both smile at each other for a second, then Sooyoung catches sight of the luggage already at the door. "So are you ready to go? Our flight is in two hours," she points at the luggage and states.

"Ah, yeah just give me a sec! I'm trying to find something," Yoona responds as she walks back into her house with Sooyoung following behind. "Well, what are you looking for maybe I can help," she offers Yoona.

Yoona is already in the bathroom and immediately finds her necklace on the sink. 'Finally! Thanks conscience!'  She walks back into the living area where Sooyoung is waiting with the necklace in hand and a wide smile plastered on her face.

"That's okay I found it!" Yoona opens her hand to show the girl the necklace. "Omo! Is that the necklace I bought you," Sooyoung asks surprised at seeing the old gift. Yoona nods meekly. "I can't believe you still have that!" 
 

"Of course I still have it! Why wouldn't I?" Yoona asks. "It's like my lucky charm! It's precious to me," Yoona's voice goes soft at the end to almost a whisper, and she lowers her head a bit.

Sooyoung stares at the now timid girl for a minute before a soft smile appears from seeing the behavior of the other girl. "Well, I'm glad that you've kept it all this time, and that it means so much to you. It makes me happy that I was able to give you a bit of hope and encouragement through such a small object." As Sooyoung says this she moves right in front of Yoona, said girl becomes more shy and nervous because of the latter's action.

Sooyoung takes the necklace from Yoona's hand and places it around the girl's neck. As Sooyoung tries to hook the necklace Yoona slowly lifts her head, and they are now staring each other in the eyes. Even after Sooyoung has successfully hooked the necklace they're unable to look away.

Sooyoung's hands slide down the side of Yoona's arms and lingers there. After another minute she finally blinks away and turns to head to the door, "We should get going now or we'll miss our flight." She says and grabs Yoona's luggage at the door.

When Sooyoung notices that Yoona hasn't moved she turns around to see the girl still frozen on her spot staring at her. "Well! You coming," she asks Yoona.

Yoona blinks multiple times as if she's awakening from a dream, "Ne? Ah, ne." She moves towards the door and stops to sit and put on her shoes. Sooyoung bends down to help her tie her shoelaces, and does her best to avoid eye contact with Yoona as she can feel her staring at her again.

"Okay, now let's go," she says and stands up walking out the door to her car. Yoona is left sitting there blushing. She shakes her head to snap out of it and stands up. She grabs her purse and walks out the door, locking it.

Yoona skips to Sooyoung's car, who seems to have already stored the luggage in the car's trunk and is only waiting for her to come.

"Are you ready," Sooyoung asks after Yoona puts on her seatbelt, and Yoona simply nods with a smile that makes Sooyoung turn her head away quickly and start the car engine to pull out onto the road.

---

The two girls are nearly at the airport. The whole drive has been awkward silence.

"No it hasn't," Yoona exclaims. "Ne?" Sooyoung asks confused at the sudden remark. "Ah, nothing! I didn't saying anything," Yoona claims and turns towards the window, suddenly embarrassed from her bursting.

"Hey, maybe not talk to me out loud. You look like a crazy person."

"Easier said then done," she rebuttals. "I'm sorry did you say something?" Sooyoung once again asks. "Anya!"

There's a bit of another quiet spell before Sooyoung speaks, "I'm sorry Yoong for being so quiet and awkward since we left your house." Yoona turns her attention to the girl next to her. "I have some things on my mind that I need to shake off"

"It's okay Sooyoungie," Yoona smiles sweetly; understanding. "Do you want to talk about whatever is bothering you," she asks.

"No it's okay," Sooyoung brushes off. "It's nothing I want you to worry about. It's my problem, and I'll solve it."

Yoona slightly frowns at this, but gains her composure. "Well, if you ever need me, or anyone to just talk to. I'm always here for you Sooyoungie," Yoona says sincerely with a genuine smile. Sooyoung only nods but she definitely feels warm inside from Yoona's kindness.

---

They've arrived to the airport, and lo-and-behold they've already been noticed. Fans pull out their phones to record and the reporters are taking their photos. They weren't expecting this but adapt immediately. 
 

"How did they know? We didn't tell anyone that we were leaving today. We didn't even bring our managers," Yoona ponders aloud. "Sunshine haven't you learned by now that it's hard to hide such a pretty face like yours," Sooyoung responds and grabs Yoona's face a little, and the fans scream with happiness at the rare SooNa moment.

Yoona smiles shyly at the remark and tucks her hair behind her ear timidly. 
The girls move through the airport, but it gets harder as the fans and reporters follow and crowd them. Yoona nearly trips and falls, but Sooyoung is quick to catch her and bring her close. She suddenly stops refusing to move until a path is made clear for them. Her patience is wearing thin when miraculously a group of airport security guards appear at their sides, making a protective circle around the two girls and guiding them through the crowd to their destination.

The girls make it pass security and customs, and is currently in the VIP Lounge area waiting for their time to board---which is twenty minutes. They're eating on fruit when Yoona asks, "Do you think there will be fans waiting when we land in Japan?"

"Maybe, we're probably all over SNS by now," Sooyoung responds and gets an incoming call right when she finishes her statement. "Yeoboseyo" she answers. "Yah! Why didn't you guys take a manager and bodyguards?" Sunny, the caller, yells at the receiver. 
 

Sooyoung pulls the phone away from her ear a bit. "You don't have to yell. We didn't know so many would recognize us, and no one was supposed to know we were leaving so I don't know how the media caught wind of it."

A different voice was heard this time, "Mianhae that's my fault!" 

"Yuri is that you," Sooyoung asks as she sits closer to Yoona for her to hear. "Ne, I'm really sorry! I kind of mentioned it on Instagram live last night. I was a bit drunk from hanging out with Hyo and it slipped," she apologizes and quickly explains.

Sooyoung sighs heavily, "That's okay, but what are the headlines? What are people saying?"

"Nothing too crazy! Just that you two look good, Sooyoung is so cool for protecting Yoona, you guys look sweet together, blah blah blah," Sunny is heard saying. "You guys do look rather cozy and cute with how you were holding Yoong," Yuri chimes in.

 The two said girls shift a bit uncomfortably in their seats when they here what their members and what fans are saying. Sooyoung is about to respond, but is interrupted when their flight number is announced over the intercom.

"Gotta go guys! It's time to board," Sooyoung says standing up and grabbing her and Yoona's carry-ons. "Arasso! Have a safe flight," both Sunny and Yuri says. "And call us when you get settled. Maybe when can do Zoom!" Yuri exclaims.

"Ne, arasso! Bye," Sooyoung says and hangs up. "Let's go Yoong. Our flight is ready." Yoona follows behind Sooyoung to board their plane.

---

They're in first class and Sooyoung has given Yoona the window seat because she knows the girl likes looking at the stars. 
 

"Hey Yoongie! I think I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm tired," she says. "When we land their should be security waiting since you texted your manager about the situation. After we leave the airport we'll  go straight to our hotel. And tomorrow we'll go see the Diamond Snow," she continues.

Yoona smiles at the mention of the snow, "Ne eonnie! Don't worry about me just go to sleep. I'm sure you're tired from today." She encourages the older girl next to her, and even asks the flight attendant for blankets. 
 

Sooyoung has leaned back and went to sleep, while Yoona stares out the window at the night sky. Thinking about all that has happened today. She thinks about the moments her and Sooyoung shared today, but she doesn't allow herself to think too much---in order to protect herself from being hurt.

Yoona turns from the window and looks at the sleeping girl beside her. She leans back a little taking in the sight. 'Why can't I bury my feelings for you? Why does my heart continue to call for you? It's wrong! We're girls, friends, sisters, and more importantly you're with somebody, a man. I wish I didn't feel this way about you, but I can't help it! I can't.'

"Aww, Yoona it'll get better," I try to cheer her up. 'Do you promise,' she asks me. "Yes I promise! And I'll help you!"

'Jinjja?'

"Jinjja!" Yoona smiles happily before she slowly follows Sooyoung to dreamland.

 

Ay, yai, yi! What am I going to do with these kids!" Yoona stirs a little in her sleep. 'Shh! Next time!'