[2]

ODD

“Miss Lee,” the chauffeur opened the car door for me.

“Thank you,” I said as he closed the door. Looking out the window as he drove I could see the city limits, the vast skyscrapers and the people rushing around to get home from work.

I stood up and got out of the car when the chauffeur opened the door after we had entered the gates of a grand mansion. Bushes of roses lined the driveway and in the center of the yard was a fountain. Of course, Father would give Mother a large mansion to live in by herself. I pulled the luggage behind me as I walked up the stairs for a maid to come rushing out and quickly taking the luggage from me. The next second another maid came out, holding the door wide open for me.

“Thank you,” I bowed my head to both of them.

“Oh my Jinsoullie!” my mother came rushing down the spiraling staircase. As soon as she got down she pulled me into a hug. “I’ve missed you so much my darling.”

“I’ve missed you too Mom,” I hugged her back.

When she pulled away from the hug she cupped my face in her hands, “Omo, what happened to your face,” she was referring to the eye patch I was wearing over my left eye. Luckily when Taeyong had shot my sniper I was able to dodge it and only a piece of debris had scratched the skin above my eyelid, a bit too close though. The doctor had recommended me to wear an eye patch over it for the time being until it fully healed.

“Just an accident,” I gave her an assuring smile.

She then looked over at the maid with my luggage, “My goodness is this all you brought?”

I nodded.

“Well, don’t worry I’ll get you some more clothes, please bring that up to her room,” she ordered the maid.

“Mom you don’t need to get me any more clothes. I bought everything I needed, besides I’m just staying here for a bit.”

“What nonsense, you’re staying here for school, I’ve already registered you.”

“What?” I looked at her confused, my eyebrows scrunched together.

“Didn’t your father tell you?”

“No, he didn’t,” I shook my head.

“Let’s get you up to your room,” my mother pushed me up the marble staircase. “Well you’re going to start school tomorrow so go freshen up, we’ll have dinner together.”

That night after dinner I sat on the sofa with my mom watching a Chinese variety show.

“Mom,” I looked over at her, pulling my knees up to my chest.

“What is it, sweetie?”

“Do you ever regret marrying Dad?”

She turned to me, taking her eyes off the tv, “No of course not, what would make you ask such a question?”

“Just, well you know what he does, what business he’s running, and he practically shipped you over here.”

She put a hand on my knee, “I love your father a lot, I don’t ever regret marrying him.”

“Do you ever wish Dad did something different?”

“No,” she shook her head, “If your father had done something different I think he would’ve ended up as a different man, we probably wouldn’t have gotten along then. I’m happy with how things worked out between us.”

“Do you regret having me stay in South Korea?” I was hinting to her of how I had become part of my father’s business. After I graduated high school I took online courses while taking more missions for my father.

She shook her head again, “I believe you’ve grown into a strong, independent woman because you stayed. I will say though, I think it’s time you settled or looked into settling.”

“Mom I’m still young, I still have more missions to complete.”

She sighed, “Don’t you think it would be fun to have someone to complete them with?”

I scoffed, “That’s what partners are for, which I’ve worked with in the past.”

Her nose scrunched, “I think you should use this opportunity to try to date. You’re already twenty and I’ve never heard from your father of you even bringing a male home, let alone interact with one.”

I sighed, “I’ve just never been interested in anyone.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll find someone in the classes I enrolled you in,” my mother gave me a reassuring squeeze.

“Can’t wait,” I forced a smile.

The next morning I woke up and got ready into a pair of denim shorts, black crop, and cropped outerwear along with black above the ankle socks and a pair of white converse.

“Jinsoul have some breakfast before you leave!” my mother called me from downstairs.

“Yes Mother!” I called back to her. Together we ate pancakes and sliced fruit.

“Now if you want to go anywhere just be sure to tell Mr. Wang and he’ll be there to take you,” my mother was referring to the chauffeur that would be in charge of taking me around.

“Yes Mother,” I ate a slice of melon.

“Thank you Mr. Wang,” I thanked my chauffeur as he stopped in front of Ming De University. Exiting the car, I put in my earbuds and slung my bag over my shoulder. The school was large and modernized, the majority of the buildings had glass exteriors and art statues were scattered around the school. On a staircase that was meant to be a resting area for students two males were dancing, students around them gathered around in a circle and were waving their hands up and down to the beat of the music. I took out one of my earbuds to hear the music better. One of the males held his hand on top of the other male’s chest who was bent backward. When the male on top of him lifted his hand up, the male bent backward rose up along with him. The crowd cheered as he stood up straight and his lips curled up in a smirk. His eyes landed on mine for a second. Quickly I turned away and put my earbuds back in.

I should look for the register’s office.

After finding the register’s office and getting my schedule from them I called my mother as I began looking for the building where my class would be in.

“Mom what is this about dance class?” I asked her.

“What? You used to love dancing as a kid.”

“Yea as a kid, I’m not a kid anymore Mom. And home economics? Mom are you trying to get me to be a housewife?”

“No sweetie, I’m just preparing you for when you have a baby.”

“Mom, I’m twenty and not even married yet, I’m not going to have a baby anytime soon.” I continued walking until I saw it was just a dead end.

“Just have fun in your classes sweetie, we’ll talk more when you get home,” my mother hung up before I could say anything else.

Just great.

I quickly my heels to bump into someone, causing me to stumble back, almost falling and dropping my phone, if they hadn’t caught me midair, their arm wrapped around my waist.

“You always drop your phone when we meet huh,” Lucas’s face was inches away from mine, his hair was slicked back exposing his forehead and the sunlight that came from the glass windows hit his skin perfectly.

“Yea,” my hands were wrapped around his arms to keep me up.

He pulled me up straight and I let go, bending down to pick up my phone, the screen surprisingly still in one piece without a scratch.

“Thanks,” I said getting ready to leave.

“You go here?” he asked.

I nodded, “I start today,” I held up my schedule in my hand.

“Would you like a tour?” he flashed a smile at me.

“That would help.”

“So what made you transfer here in the middle of the school year?” he asked.

“Just, wanted to be with my mom more, I lived in South Korea before and didn’t get to spend much time with her growing up.”

“Really? That’s cool, I actually travel there frequently.”

“How come?”

“For my job and just to visit my friends,” he smiled.

“I’ll see you later,” he waved at me after he had shown me a tour of the whole school.

“Thanks again,” I smiled and waved back at him before entering my first lecture.


A/N: Hello~ just a short chapter to build a bit more of Jinsoul's character, but don't worry more of Wayv will be coming in the upcoming chapters! ^ . ^ Currently my top priority is updating To All The Dreams I've Loved but I'll still be updating ODD, a bit slower, but still updating, thank you for those who've waited! I'm excited to continue writing ODD!