[1]

ODD

“I’m sending you to China,” my father said.

“You’re what?” my voice came out louder than I intended, “Why?” We were seated in his office, he called me in just as I was about to head to practice.

“I think you should have a break.”

“So you’re sending me to China? I could just take a break here, I don’t see why you have to send me there.”

“Your mother is there,” he sighed.

Then it dawned on me, “You’re trying to make me quit my job?” I asked him. “Mother’s in China because you sent her there for safekeeping.” My father didn’t want my mother to have to deal with the dangers of being part of the mafia, what better way was there than to send her off to another country where they wouldn’t expect anything. “Is it because of my last mission? I’ve never failed a mission before, this one there was a miscommunication, it’s not my fault. Did you forget I’ve never missed a shot.” All of my past missions have ended up as a success, no one ever living to reveal my identity because I would kill them before they could, this last one was the only one where the target managed to get away. Luckily I was covered head to toe so they wouldn’t be able to find out who I am. Outside I look normal that no one would suspect I’m even involved.

My father sighed, “We’ll still give you missions if that’s what you want, but for now take a rest, heal, enjoy this time to yourself. Don’t you want to see the world a bit?”

“I can do that whenever I have a mission in another country.”

“Oh come on Jinsoul, you’re already twenty, you should be enjoying your college life with your friends.”

“Dad, did you forget that my only friends are also in this business?”

He pinched the bridge of his nose, “I’m sending you to China, that’s my final decision and if you want to continue to have missions then you’ll go and do as I say.”

“Does Mom know I’m coming?”

He nodded his head, “I already told her and made flight arrangements for you, you’ll be leaving this Monday.”

“What?” I answered my phone to hear my best friend Kim Lip’s voice.

“So how is it?” she asked.

“How’s what?”

“China of course!”

“I just landed, haven’t seen much,” I looked around the airport trying to find the correct sign that would direct me to the gate I was supposed to meet my driver at.

“Well, when you do take pictures for me! Oh also do you mind-” her question got caught off as I bumped into a figure taller than me causing me to drop my phone and bag.

“I’m sorry,” the person crouched down to help me pick up my stuff.

I shoved my makeup and items into my bag, “It’s fine,” I mumbled.

“Your phone,” their hand held out my phone that showed the phone call still ongoing.

I took it and looked up at the face they were quite handsome, their light brown hair was tousled to the side, his jawline was well defined and lips plump, “Thanks,” I said.

The both of us stood up, his figure towering over me.

“I’m Lucas,” he held out his hand.

“Jinsoul,” I took it.

“Hello? Jinsoul? Hello?” Kim Lip continued to speak through the phone.

“I should go,” I gave him a small wave.

“Yea see you, sorry again,” he waved at me.

Pulling my luggage along I slung my bag over my shoulder and put my phone to my ear.

“Well that was embarrassing,” I said.

“What happened?” Kim Lip asked.

- Third POV -

“Find her Lucas?” the male asked through the phone.

The tall male continued to look around the crowded airport, “Yea like it’s so easy to find a girl in a busy airport,” he sarcastically replied. “You don’t have any other information on her besides that she’s female?”

The male on the phone sighed, “No that was all that Jisung provided us with, that and that her flight would land in China today.”

“Winwin do you know exactly how many flights there are?”

“From my database, exactly 14 today,” he answered.

“It was a rhetorical question Winwin, we’re never gonna find her at this rate unless we have more information on her. Can’t you get Jisung to dig around for a picture of her?”

“What do you think we’ve been trying to do? Poor Jisung probably wants to call it quits, he’s been in the enemy territory for who knows how long now, they’re bound to catch on to him if we don’t pull him out soon.”

“How has he been there for that long and still yet hasn’t seen her once?”

“They keep him busy, not to mention she’s under an immense amount of security apparently. That and no one else has ever seen her, ever.” Winwin answered.

“Hasn’t anyone else tried to kidnap or kill her?” Lucas asked, his voice lower so that those around him wouldn’t hear.

“Keyword is tried Lucas, they all died before they could report back.”

Lucas sighed, “This is going to be harder than I thought.”