four.

faint smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunrays sneaked between her clothes, trying to keep her as warm as possible, trying to remind her that she was not alone.

Aera stirred in her sleep as she found that the warmth making her uncomfortable. She always preferred cold since she was a kid. She looked at the blanket over her, soon realized that it was not hers. Heck, it even was not her room. Having no recollection of why she can be there, she quickly jumped out of the bed and went outside, only to meet with the pair of brown eyes.

"You.. awake?"

"Byun? Why am I in your place?" She straightforwardly asked him because she honestly confused.

"You don't remember anything?"

"I didn't do anything stupid, right?" Her eyes widened, panicking a little but gradually calmed down when Baekhyun just shook his head.

He softly sighed, "No, except for the fact you wandering around in the middle of the night with your bleeding hands."

Hearing that, she quickly brings her hands up. Her left wrist and right palm both bandaged carefully, she was sure that the guy in front of her was the one who did that all. "Uhm, thank you."

"So, breakfast?" Baekhyun awkwardly offered, that was the only thing that across his head because she didn't know what to do anymore in this kind of situation. Just then, she remembered something,

"Aren't you going to school?"

"What kind of person am I to leaving you here alone? Besides, I need to make sure that you don't break anything," he walks away to the kitchen, followed by Aera. "Ah, it's you who need to concern about school, plus are your parents not looking for you? You left home, after all, cereal?" She just kept quiet when Baekhyun talks, it seems that he didn't need an answer from her anyway. "Cereal?"

"Oh, sure." She kept staring at him. He didn't look like a jokester from her class or a beaten guy she helps more than a week ago, so who is he for real?

"What? Is there something on my face?" Aera quickly looked down at the meal that Baekhyun prepares when he rubbed his face, searching for something.

"So, what are you going to do after this?"

Seeing the girl's furrowed eyebrows, he quickly retaliated, "It's not that I kicked you out, I'm just asking." No matter how cold or quiet she can be in class, Baekhyun sure that Aera always talked back to someone. So when she being so distant like this, it didn't take a genius for figured that she is in the dark place and no one can reach her now.

"I'll go home. At this time, my parents already left and they surely just think that I'm in school because I usually went out before they wake up."

Baekhyun thinks it was the longest thing that she had ever said to him. He just nodded after what she said, there was no need to ask further because that was what she did to him too before. After all they were just strangers who happen to help each other out.

"Why are you helping me Byun?"

"Wow, I felt like I have a déjà vu except that I was the one who said that." He chuckled as he stirred his bowl. "Just like you said, I don't know, or maybe because you helped me too." He said genuinely and she can tell that from his eyes who now staring at her.

 

 

"Thank you again Byun."

"You always called me Byun."

When the clock strike at 12, Aera knew that it was her time to go. Baekhyun kindly offered her to shower and give her back her clothes that he already washed. He is a kind person, Aera concluded.

She chuckled, "Okay then Baekhyun, see you at school."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter