five.

faint smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun is the man who follows the flow.

When his surroundings want him to be that person, then he will be that person. It was not that he didn't have any conviction. Oh, if he wanted, he can make all of the people followed what he said and being that person who sat on top. It was just one reason, he was too tired to do all of that. He already carried a big matter on his shoulder, so at least he didn't need to do tired things at school.

Then he saw her.

He noticed her from the first day of year two. He noticed because he never saw or heard of her before. She just there, sitting in the back and being quiet, while watching everything from there.

Some people simply didn't care about their surroundings and maybe just stick their nose to books, like Yang Minji or maybe just love gossiping, like Lee Eunah and her clique, but she different. She didn't talk but she didn't distance herself from others either. She just there silently, sometimes playing with her phone or got bothered by Oh Sehun.

He didn't know what kind of person she is, he was only sure that she is an honest girl who did whatever she wanted to do.

But that night changed his perspectives. He only saw a broken girl. He only saw a lonely and helpless girl. He only saw a girl who in a similar situation with, or maybe worse.

Unknowingly to himself, his heart already opened a spot for her.

 

 

|||||

 

Groan can be heard to the entire room, as almost everyone did that anyway. The final exam ended and that only means the summer break waiting for them.

The exam was decent, Aera thought. It was not that hard but she can't say that physics didn't make her want to barf either. As she collected the pens to the case, she can't help but think about her mom again. They didn't talk decently for the last month. It was just some 'you home?' 'I'm home' talks between them. Her parents still fight here and there but she chose to not listen to them anymore, instead she plugged her ears with earphones while Joji's voice blasted to the max.

A hand knocked her desk, looking up to just saw a boy who didn't get tired annoying her every day. "He has stared at you for a while now."

"Who?"

Instead of answering, he just moved his eyes to the left making her head turned right quickly, but stopped by two hands. "What are you doing Sehun?" He squished her cheeks with his hands and he looks at her eyes excitedly although he tried to cover it.

"Don't make it obvious, look slowly and carefully."

She heard him as she tried to look at her right side, only found Baekhyun and his friends chatting with each other. Then, she saw him, glancing at her and Sehun with curious eyes. "Now, you saw him?"

"Yes but that still didn't tell the reason why you squishing my cheeks." Her words came muffled as Sehun squished it for more. He just laughed then his eyes suddenly widened as he saw something with his corner of eyes, "Oh oh he's coming he's coming."
 

"Hi there."

"What's up Baek?" Sehun cheerfully answered. Baekhyun kept glancing at Sehun's hands that still holding Aera's cheeks. Finding it uncomfortable, the girl finally decided to slap his hands away, "Ow babe, you hurt me." Sehun tucked his hands to his chest as he pouting to her.

"What the are you doing Oh Sehun?"

Aera obviously still has her old traits, so if she needs, this kind of time is the perfect moment to let it out, "Okay, I'm sorry I was just joking." Sehun quickly knew that it was enough for today as he sensed thunder rumbled from afar.

"So, what is it Byun?"

She turned to Baekhyun who just staring at them openly. He cleared his throat awkwardly, "I and the others want to do something at the break, maybe go to the beach or simply eat at the mall. You know, to strengthen our class's bond. So we wonder if you two want to join?"

Aera and Sehun looked at each other, it was obvious that they rarely invite them because they already have their own clique. Saw both of them doubting, Baekhyun quickly talked again, "We invite all of the class and it's not an obligation, in case you already planned a date."

"What? With who?" Baekhyun didn't answer, instead, he just moved his eyes to Sehun.

"With this ? Please-" She scoffed, "I'd rather lock myself up to study physics than going out with him and that saying a lot as I loath that subject."

"Believe me babe, one day you will regret for throwing me out." Sehun sassily flicked his hair.

A sigh of relief came from beside her, as soon their eyes met, the boy cleared his throat again, "So, you guys in?" Aera genuinely wanted to, she’d rather inside their loudness instead of her parent's scream however she thought. But, that feeling of unfamiliarity didn't make her comfortable either. "I don't know, I think it depends on my schedule," She softly answered.

"Yeah, me either. I maybe not look like it, but I'm a busy person." Sehun always boasted to her that he's a model for some online fashion shop every time he had a chance and that because he strangely only told her the fact so obviously he can't boast to others.

"Then, can I have your numbers? I'll invite you to the groups so you can see the info."

"Not so you can text her at night?" Sehun smiled evilly.

"O-Of course not." Aera decided to save Baekhyun because obviously her friend will not stop any longer,

"Give me your phone."

After he saved Aera and Sehun's number, Baekhyun quickly said bye and came back to his friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter