Chapter 3

My All For You - Story

“I’m awakening a different me inside. The faint light that was turned off. Wake me up, open my eyes. Yeah wake me up.~” Daehyun sang, grabbing some eggs from the fridge. Since Youngjae had a lot going on, he decided to make breakfast for him. 

“Wake me up, oh wake me up~.” He danced, placing little bowls of assorted foods on a tray; rice, soup, fried egg, and Youngjae’s favorite meat. Picking it up, he headed towards the younger’s room. Skillfully balancing the tray with one hand, he opened up the door. 

“Morning~!” He sang out, placing the food on his dresser. The younger groaned, lifting his head up slightly and resting his chin on his pillow. He blinked a few times and stretched his arm upwards, pushing the tired away. 

“What time is it?” His voice was groggily as he sat up and stretched his arms again. 

“About 9:30. I can’t believe you slept this late. You’re usually up at 8.” Youngjae stiffened, jumping out of bed wearing only a t-shirt and a pair of boxers and running to his closet.

“I’m late for work!” Youngjae tossed his shirt off then slipped on his medical scrubs. 

“But… I made you breakfast, including meat!” Daehyun pouted, gesturing towards the tray of food. Youngjae smiled, but pushed past the other out of his room and into the living room. He grabbed his shoes and sat down on the couch, sliding them on. 

“I’m sorry Daehyun. It looks really good and I promise to heat it up and eat it for dinner. Yoo Youngjae is not a late person.” Standing up, Youngjae grabbed his apartment key and phone. “I’ll see you later!” 

Youngjae yelled, heading towards the door. Right as he got to it, the door slammed forward, off his hinges, and landed on the witch. He groaned, going to push the door off when a menacing looking male entered the room, standing on the door and trapping the blonde.

“Hello there little witch.” A deep tone filled the apartment. Daehyun’s ears perked at the new voice, rushing back into the living room. 

“Who are you?” Daehyun growled, not fancying his roommate being stuck and more than likely hurt. The unknown man chuckled, pushing his foot down hard on the door he stood on, drawing out a groan from the younger and an added snarl from the familiar. 

“We don’t have time for formalities, pet. Let’s just get this over with.” With that being said, the man pulled out a gun, but not an ordinary looking one. The machine looked far more advanced than Daehyun had ever seen, but before he could fire it, a loud roar came from below him as he was thrown back off the door and back outside. 

Youngjae rolled to his front and stood, brushing himself off before running towards Daehyun, “Are you alright?” He inquired, giving him a once over.

“I should be asking you the same.” Daehyun pulled the other into a hug, realized what he did, and pulled away. “Sorry,” he coughed out. “I’m glad you’re okay.” Youngjae blushed, mumbling out the same thing.

“This is so sweet, yet sick. He’s a cat, which is so wrong.” This time the words came from a higher pitched male. The two looked over to see a different, taller boyish man, with blue flat hair. “What? You didn’t think us witch hunters came alone, did ya?” He chuckled out, sounding like a 12 year old child. 

“Don’t let the naive look fool you. We are professionals.” The other man stepped back into the room next to the blue hair man. “I’m Yongguk and this is Junhong. I know I said we didn’t have time, but you really should know the names of the people about to kill you.” 

Yongguk pulled his gun back out and fired, a laser coming out of it instead of a bullet, but Daehyun pushed Youngjae back and stepped aside just in time to not get hit. Yongguk advanced on the catboy, while Junhong walked in front of the witch. 

“Let’s have some fun!” He cheered, pulling out a katana and running forwards. Youngjae’s eyes widened as he took a couple steps back, putting his arms up in defense, hands open. Thankfully, his inner magic forced up a yellow shield as the blade was inches away. 

“Hey, that’s no fair.” He whined, putting his sword away. “You can’t keep that up forever though.” Junhong was right, Youngjae was already starting to feel his strength fade. Without thinking, Youngjae projected his shield at the other, knocking him off his feet. 

The brunette ran to his bedroom, slamming the door and locking it. A few seconds later, someone started banging on the door.

“Youngjae! It’s me, open up!” Doing so, Daehyun grabbed his wrist and pulled them into his own room. “We don’t have a second to spare. Teleport us.” The elder grabbed a couple of duffle bags from underneath his bed.

“But… I don’t know how!” 

“You can do it. Just… focus on a place… umm… one not too far from here with teleportation. Like a bus stop or train station.” Youngjae nodded.

“Ok… I’ll try the train station, but again I’m not sure what to do. I’m freaking out!” 

“Ok, ok. Breathe; relax, otherwise it’s not going to work.” Daehyun stepped closer, placing his hands on the other’s cheeks and leaning in. He shut his eyes and rested his forehead on his friend. “You can do this,” he whispered. “Save us.”

Youngjae's heart was racing; however, Daehyun’s vulnerability increased his confidence, closing his own eyes and taking a deep breath. He filled his head with images, memories of the train station he visited multiple times. 

Teleport us… Teleport us there!

A white light surrounded their bodies, Youngjae feeling light-weighted for a couple seconds until he felt his feet touch the ground. They opened their eyes to see they were standing right outside of the Yongsan Station.

“I did it, but why didn’t you just tell me to teleport us wherever we are going? Why take a train?” Youngjae breathed out, suddenly feeling tired and out of breath.

“Because look at you. You’re exhausted and we only made it because you knew this place. You wouldn’t have enough energy to teleport us to a place you’ve never been. We would be stuck in the middle of nowhere or worse.”

“What’s worse than that?” Youngjae questioned, following Daehyun as he bought their tickets and then got on the train.

“You dying.” He stated. "Remember? If witches use all of their energy to a point of extreme exhaustion, they become weak and vulnerable for months. Either hunters kill them or diseases will. No witch has survived."

The two found empty seats next to each other where not many people were around. Youngjae set his bag down on the table in front of him, opening it up. He saw that all grandmother’s important books were there and a flashdrive of the rest of the books. 

“Wow, you thought of everything.” Youngjae said, noticing all his favorite outfits, toothbrush, deodorant, belts, hair products, and a photograph of his family in the bag. Youngjae took out the picture and looked over it. He was standing in the middle of his parents, the age of twelve. They were crouched down, his arms around each of their shoulders and their faces squished together and painted with smiles. 

“You look like both of them.” Daehyun spoke with a quiet voice. It was true. Youngjae had the same hairstyle and color as his dad. He had this demeanor that screamed his father, but his eyes and smile were his mother’s. 

“What were your parents like?” Youngjae asked, though the other didn’t respond. “Daehyun?” Said boy was looking at his hands, which were in his lap. 

“I’d rather not talk about them.” Youngjae nodded, not pushing the other to talk. “It’ll only take about three hours until we get to the cabin.”

Cabin?