Chapter 2

My All For You - Story

That night, Youngjae and Daehyun had a good long talk about what the future would look like for the new witch. He left out the part where he swore on Youngi’s deathbed that he’d protect Youngjae from hunters, since he owed her his life for saving him. They decided, well Youngjae decided, to go back to living in Seoul. He wasn’t ready to leave his job or quit his schooling. A witch or not, Youngjae wanted to be a doctor.

The first year of his freshly acquired powers, Youngjae didn't use any of his magic. He accomplished much in his life without it that he didn't believe he really needed to use it at all. Until Daehyun turned back into a cat. Then he studied for four months straight trying to figure out how to turn the elder back. 

The spell only lasted a few months at first, but the more he practiced, the longer it worked. Youngjae's knowledge of spells had increased since he was an avid reader. He tried to learn a different spell every week, but studying about how it's supposed to be done and actually producing it was more difficult than he thought it was going to be. 

At this moment, Youngjae was trying to learn how to conjure up a ball of light. He already mastered the basics; turning on and off lights, but now he wanted to be able to produce light out of nowhere. Youngjae was sitting on his dark blue couch in the living room with a spell book sitting on the coffee table while Daehyun was sitting on a brown armchair placed next to the coffee table, but directed at the T.V. 

The elder always kept up to date on the news, knowing how to spot signs of other witches. If he could tell, then witch hunters could and that’s where they stayed away from.

Ignoring the T.V., the younger brunette opened up the book, reading the chapter thoroughly and repeating the important steps out loud. After the fourth proclamation, Youngjae deemed himself ready to undertake the spell. Placing his hand in front of him, Youngjae stared at his palm, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. Opening his eyes, Youngjae focused all his energy and spoke, “Să fie lumină!” What started as a tiny twinkle slowly grew into a golf ball sized orb. 

“Wow. You learned that one pretty quickly.” Daehyun expressed impressively, having turned his attention away from the T.V. when a big enough glare was covering the screen. Youngjae shifted his gaze towards the other, noticing how the illumination highlighted his facial features. The little speck under his eyes even earned it’s right to be called a beauty mark.

“You’ll be an amazing witch in no ti-.” Daehyun’s words were cut off as the sphere of magic shot upwards towards the light bulb, shattering it before fading away.

“What the hell?!” The elder exclaimed. “How did that even happen?” Youngjae blushed, turning his head away and clearing his throat.

“I must have not been concentrating enough.” Youngjae mentally scowled himself.

What is wrong with you? You can’t be checking out your roommate! You’ve never looked at a guy like that before…

“Hey, could you give me a light.” Youngjae asked the other, picking up the spell book. Daehyun pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned the flashlight attached to it on, walking over to the couch and sitting next to Youngjae. 

“Here.” He said, hovering the light above the book so they could see the words. Youngjae blushed again, noticing how close the elder was. “What are you looking for? A ‘fix it’ spell?” Youngjae snapped his attention to the publication and flipped through the pages.

“Something like that.” A couple page flips later and the boys stumbled across the right incantation. Youngjae waved his finger, saying the words “Inversați fluxul de timp!” Abruptly, time came to a stand still. Youngjae watched as everything, including Daehyun, gradually moved in reverse for 15 seconds. 

“Looks like the weather will be sunny for the next couple of days.” Daehyun stated, his attention back on the T.V. He blinked a few times confused. “Huh, deja vu.”

“I didn’t realize I was immune to this spell's effects.” Youngjae muttered, looking over at Daehyun. “I actually did a reversal spell, because I accidently shattered our light bulb. I figured we would either both be affected by it or not, but you went back in time like everything else.” Daehyun mused over what the other was saying until he understood.

“Oh well that’s because we aren’t bound yet.” Daehyun walked over to the bookshelf, eyeing all of them until finding the one he needed. Picking it up, he headed back over to the younger and handed him “The History of Familiars.”

“Go ahead and read this and you’ll understand what I mean.” Daehyun sat back down, turning back to the news. Without a thought, Youngjae stood and walked towards his bedroom.

“Alright, night!” He said, not waiting for a response and closing his door. Setting the book down on his bedside table, he got ready for bed, tucking himself in, but sitting up so he could read a bit before sleeping. Unfortunately, the younger barely got a couple pages in before drifting off.