Train station encounter

Train station
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day I stumbled on a cute post on Zhihu of this girl receive a painting from someone she helped before, right when she just dumped her boyfriend. That story was so cute and I thought I must write a Michaeng story based on that. You can find that post here but it's in Chinese so I don't know if it's much help. English is not my first language and I have no beta so there might be mistakes here and there. Please don't hestate to point it out, I would very much appreciate it.

I still haven't decided to put it as an oneshot or make it multi-chapter. Please enjoy the story and let me know what you think.

============

Mina was frustrated. And she had every rights to be. This was supposed to be their trip for one-year anniversary. Who the forgot to buy return tickets and only told their partner the day they’re getting back? Of course it was her boyfriend so now she had no choice but to wait for the train in this freezing weather. They planned for this trip a month ago, Mina would book accommodation and prepare the schedule, Taehuyk would book the flight tickets. How he forgot to book for return ticket is beyond her; but now she does not want to think about it. They fought when he told her they would take the train back this morning and she had been in a foul mood since.

 

Huffed out a puff of air, she retreated further in her jacket, wishing for the train to come already so she can be back in her warm and cozy apartment. Lost in thoughts, Mina didn’t notice a girl approaching her.

“Hi…”

A timid voice started her. Looking to her right, Mina saw a young girl looking at her with big round eyes. She has a cute baby face with a pair of plum lips and a little beauty mole bellow. Her big green coat made her look even smaller, but cute and cozy nonetheless. She could pass for a high school student.

“Hi. Can I help you?”

“Sorry for bothering you. I know it might sound weird for a stranger. But can I borrow you 35,000 won?”

Mina raised her brows; this was definitely not what she thought the girl would say. Sensing her confusion, the girl jumped to explain

“I lost my wallet and my phone and I really need to get back to Seoul today. I wouldn’t ask if there is another way. Please, I swear I will pay you back. I am an art student in University and I have to hand in my assignment tomorrow. Here, you can take a picture of my student ID just for sure.” She pulled out a student card and Mina took a quick look at it. It looked pretty much like a normal student card with school logos and the girl’s photo. The girl looked desperate and Mina was about to give her the money when her boyfriend pulled her aside.

 

“What are you doing?” Mina hushed. Even when annoyed, her voice is small.

“This is obviously a scam.” he said after making sure they are out of the girl’s hearing distance.

“What?!”

“It’s obvious. She’s scamming you. I have seen this kind on the news. Their reasons are always the same, lost their wallet and phone, urgently need to get somewhere. They even have fake ID card and everything. She’s probably one of them”

“What are you even talking about? She’s clearly in distress. Besides, it’s just 35,000 won. It’s not like she’s asking me for 35 million!” Mina tried not to raise her voice, but she’s beyond frustrated. What was wrong with him?

“Yes with your 35,000 won and others’ money she’ll probably ask for today, she will make millions in no time.” He looked around, stopped at the girl’s direction before lowering his voice “I just don’t want you to throw out money for some scammers.”

 

Gasped in disbelief, Mina looked at the man before her as if she didn’t recognize him anymore. The main reason she fell for him was when he rushed to save an old lady, performed CPR without hesitation even though that lady had just vomited. She was so touched with his action that she took a liking and eventually agreed to go on a date with him. Shaking her head, choosing not to dwell too much on their crumbling relationship right now, she said with a finality in her voice, “I will decide what to do with my money, thank you!”

 

her heels, she started walking toward the girl, who widened her eyes and diverted her gaze to the pavement. Mina is not naïve; she knows there were scams like this out there, but with one look at the girl’s eyes and Mina already concluded this girl is the most innocent person she has met in her entire trip. She refused to believe this girl was scamming her. Also, she was quite observant to notice paint stain on the girl’s right sleeve and some on the right side of her jacket. Not in-your-face kind of stains but only noticeable if you are observant enough.

 

The girl’s eyes widened in surprise when Mina gave her the money. This poor girl apparently thought they would not help her when Taehuyk pulled her away, and this made Mina s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter