The Aftermath (II)

Yours To Give
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brethren, without her faith, is like a sheep lost from its herd.

It is when one is at their most vulnerable —closest to sin and temptation.


And Dahyun is now far from the reach of The Shepherd’s crook.

 


 

 

Dahyun’s senses are heightened. She have been shifting in her seat way too much it will make someone suspect that there might be bugs in it. Her body is starting to form beads of sweat in desperation to release heat boiling from her core, expanding to consume her whole being, making the hair on the back of her neck stand up. Her lips are like a barren land in dire need of rain… breaths became shorter and more labored as every second passed by. She was just supposed to have one day away from her thoughts, to try and find things to distract her.

But Dahyun didn’t mean this type of distraction.

 


So where did it went wrong?

 

 

 

 

It was 07:10 pm. 

Dahyun and Momo reached The Index… that’s already closed.

“Well, did you forget something inside?”, Momo asked as she sat on the wooden bench just outside the store.

Dahyun can’t say anything, she felt like she just dug herself a hole that’s now trapping her. She is good at lying, she has been doing it for years, so mistakes like this are tremendously disappointing.

“I… uh…”, Dahyun stuttered. .  

“Not really planning on coming here?”, Momo finished her in one blow.
 
“Yes.”, Dahyun admitted. Momo looked at her for a few moments, with a glint of curiosity in her eyes. Dahyun wanted to vanish into nothingness. The lady stood up and inched closer to her. Dahyun’s breath might’ve hitched. 

“Then you should’ve just said so y’know?”, Momo replied. Dahyun wanted to reason out that she just straight out malfunctioned because the lady is too close, like right now.

“I wasn’t thinking straight. I’m sorry.”, Dahyun reasoned. She really isn’t.

“That happens. Even to me, especially when I’m around people I’m interested in.”, Momo replied, while placing her hand on Dahyun’s shoulder. And Dahyun wants to run away. She understood what her point is. Her mind fires a flare signaling to retreat and gather.

Think.


Resist.

 
Fight.

 

“My mind’s been all over the place.”, was all that Dahyun had managed to say. So much for a comeback.

The lady snickered at the reply. Was she blocked?

“Well, that makes the two of us.”, she paused as an idea come across.

“Dahyun-ah… may I take you somewhere?”, she askes.

Dahyun shivers at the question —her mind and its thoughts.

Restraint. It is a trait she takes pride in having, and mastering, throughout her life. It has set her on the right path, away from the things that takes her deeper into the void she has been desperately trying to escape. She knows when to decline, and does it so good no one has been offended by her refusals.

So this one should be easy. 

Or that’s what Dahyun thought.

She turns her face to Momo.
 

Restraint.

 


“Sure.”

 
 

 

 

Dahyun is being lead by someone else’s hand for the second time today.


They arrive in a room twice as big as her apartment. Mirrors on all four sides. The lights stationed at the corners gave the place a theatrical vibe —making her anticipate. Momo let her go, smoothly, making the touch linger. The lump rises again. 

“Take a seat.”, she spoke. Her gaze landed hot on Dahyun’s skin. Thermodynamics don’t work this way.

But nonetheless she obliged, as Momo moved a foldable chair near the center of the room. The lady walked away and Dahyun followed with her eyes, she noticed how her hips swayed fluidly with every step she made. She noticed how the air conditioning might be broken. She noticed that she has been staring for too long.
 
The floorboards are nice. Glistening. Well-kept and looks expensive even. Wood can be interesting too.

Her attention was taken away by the sound of drum beats, followed by a soulful bass line, and finally —the melody of the guitar and piano chiming in.
 

Momo made her way to the center, giving a small smile to her lone audience.

 
“Have I told you tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter