Default

Yours To Give
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A true brethren helps the poor. Heals the wounded. Loves a neighbor. 

 

And Dahyun, as described by the scripture, is a true follower of the Lord. 

 

That's why she's grunting with every step, keeping her balance, carrying the combined weight of a stranger and her self-doubt, making sure neither of them falls down as they come closer to her flat. 

Her rushed to find the keys in her pocket, almost dropped it as she unlocks her door, and bangs her shoulder against the wall as they enter. The doorway can be quite narrow for two people using it at the same time. But it's okay. There's pain in helping, nothing she can't bear. She'll just ice it later. 

She settled the unconscious girl on her couch, first thing's first: pulse. She pressed two fingers against her wrist, below the base of her thumb, and felt a steady flow of beats coming through her artery. Which is a good sign. Dahyun exhaled a breath she felt like she'd been holding in the whole time. She's not dead... yet. There's still no clue about what could've happened to her, and what extent of injuries she might have. Dahyun's blood ran cold with the thought. So she runs to her bag and grabbed her phone, pressing one of her speed dials, anxious for an answer. 

And she picked up.

"Dubs! what up?", she answered. 

"Chaeyoung! H-how do you wake up fainted people? And check if they're not hemorrhaging internally or something of the sort?", Dahyun blurted out. 

A loud thump echoed on the line, followed by a few "sorry's" and booming music that eventually became distant. Dahyun is still waiting for an answer. 

"Chaeng listen, I—"

"I'm coming for you, don't move. Give me five minutes!", Chaeng immediately dropped the call. Leaving Dahyun still hanging, still unanswered. 

She sighed. Nothing else to do but wait. 

She quickly walks to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl, poured hot water and added some from the tap, checked the temperature. Just right. Maybe a little bit too hot? She dipped her hand again. Just be sure. It's fine. 

She placed the bowl on the floor, and went inside the bathroom for some clean towels. She can wipe her sweat and tuck her in for the meantime. Chaeyoung is on her way.

She started wiping the beads forming on the girl's forehead. She's not feverish. But still looked too pale. She continued wiping her guest clean, making her a little comfortable despite her passed-out state. Dahyun's a good host. This is just to be expected. 

A few knocks on her door stopped her work. She opened it to reveal a heaving Chaeyoung. Hands placed on her knees. She obviously ignored the elevator and just ran the entirety of stairs leading to the fourth floor. 

"I'm okay, Chaeng. I didn't kill anyone.", Dahyun welcomed her. 

"I know, you're too religious for murder.", Chaeyoung replied back. 

Dahyun pointed the girl still laying still on her couch, and Chaeyoung inched closer to check her pulse, limbs, eyes and breath. 

"Good choice, she's pretty.", she teased, and Dahyun just tilted her head in question.

"Oh. Right. She's not gonna die, I think. I didn't see any external hits or swelling, and she's not drunk either, must be just fatigue.", Chaeyoung, finally. 

"I see...", Dahyun could rest easy for now. The girl is okay. Nothing to worry about. Everything will soon go back to 'same old' again. 

"Just prepare a nice breakfast —not just coffee— and she'll be good to go.", Chaeyoung added. Dahyun nodded, and made a mental note to prepare something more for tomorrow morning. She's a good host. She'll exhibit her hospitality. 

"Well, since Ms. Problem over here is already solved, I gotta run back to the bar. You need anything else?", Chaeyoung asked. 

 

Maybe Dahyun wants Chaeyoung to stay, so she can hear her "bar stories" —to drive her thoughts away. Or she wants this blonde lady to wake up to tomorrow because there's always an irking dread tingling on back of her neck whenever she's around unfamiliar people, making her look around a little bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter