Of Plans and Motives

Yours To Give
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A brethren must walk the road of holiness, with faith as strong as fortresses that withstand the greatest of wars —following the ways of the Lord.

 

To live with a heart undeceived by sin, free from temptation. 

 

And Dahyun, as hard as it may be, will fight the enticement of the Devil. 

 

But a bite won't hurt, right?

 

 

"Hmm... isn't it good?", Momo teases. Dahyun stayed as tensioned as she was, not even daring to blink her eyes. Conflicted is a word, but it won't suffice the storm going on inside her mind as the morning of calmness and hot drinks takes a different turn. 

Momo inched forward, her lips ever so slowly, making the faithful cracked —palms sweating. Was this supposed to happen? The pinkness of the visitor's assets slavered, highlighted by the rays of light passing through the kitchen's window and Dahyun have lost count of how many times she have gulped the lump residing in , still not enough to quench a wildfire raging from within.

"Ah!", Dahyun finally closed her eyes, bracing for impact, a thug she felt —and her chin is being guided forward to meet her untimely reason for her confession. She slowly parted , almost quivering in anticipation of what's about to come, earing a dry chuckle from the perpetrator in front of her. 

And the crunch awoken her senses back to reality.

"See? I told you, it's just the right amount of toastiness.", Momo added. 

Dahyun quickly seached for water, chewing as fast as she can. Trying to  extinguish whatever it is she felt moments ago. Now is not the time to daydream. She must go to work. As she gets up, her phone rang; it's Jackson. And she's late. She quickly runs to the room, grabs a few clothes and gives them to Momo, who's still finishing the fine meal prepared for her. 

"What's this for?", Momo asked as she chews the last bite of her toast. Dahyun is currently brushing her teeth but still tried to answer the girl's question. "Chanf inthwo thaft", Momo barely understood but obliged nonetheless and waited for her savior to come out of her room. 

"I'll take you with me to work. You can contact your family and tell them to pick you up there.", Dahyun lead Momo out of her apartment, and  into the world.

It mustn't be so hard for Dahyun, and Momo trailing behind her, to walk their way to The Index —if not only for her visitor cooing every little fur fella she sees. So here they are, stopping for the 7th time in a 7-minute long stroll, because Momo deemed that it is her solemn duty to pet every dog she sees. Dahyun could only sigh, it would be rude to stop her —especially when the girl is completely lost in happiness. She noticed how the bridge of her nose crinkles as she lowers herself down to reach the canine who's as equally excited to meet her. Smiling as bright as the morning sun as she picks up the dog into her arms, taunting Dahyun's fear of the said animal. Her voice sounded like the feeling of finally grabbing your cotton candy after riding a rollercoaster, which Dahyun have never done before, but still knows that it would be as soft and rewarding like that. Momo looked up to her while cuddling the good boy and beamed another toothy grin, she nodded to let her know that it's okay to play with the dog some more. They're late anyway. Time could be a friend or an enemy in an urban jungle known as Seoul, specifically for people who have businesses to run; but the thing is, her visitor is enjoying —isn't that what good hosts aim for?

"I'm sorry for ruining your hoddie, Dahyun-ah", the two are just a pedestrian lane away from the bookstore. Momo is currently dusting the fur off her borrowed clothes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter