Present: September 2019, JYP Headquarters

9 and 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

LIA’S POV

 

 

One month has passed since the day I have met Maseul and the day I have let go of Ryujin. Honestly, it was hard not to think of the both of them so I decided to focus on improving my dance and practicing our songs for the upcoming fan meet without the presence of my fellow members.

 

 

 

Today would actually be the first time our group would practice together and we are back at the studio again! Well, technically, I’m on the way to the studio since I told Yeji, Chaeryeong, and Yuna to head there first. I was the last one to get up and prepare. They told me that they would wait for me to finish but I didn’t want to waste their time waiting for me when they can use it to stretch, well, do our usual warm up routine.

 

 

 

Our manager drove me to the headquarters and we arrived at exactly 1:00 pm. After he parked the car, he escorted me to the building. I noticed a black car parked beside ours which I thought was kind of familiar. I have seen this somewhere, I am not quite sure, but then again, there are many people who own black sedans in Seoul and the entirety of South Korea. Well, it could’ve been JYP-nim’s new car that he was boasting over dinner last week. Nonetheless, I couldn’t care less so I proceeded to the entrance.

 

 

 

The staffs at the lobby greeted me and our manager as we walked to the elevator. I politely smiled back and waved at the staffs who were endlessly bowing at me. While waiting for the elevator, I was looking at our manager who is constantly checking his phone every 30 seconds. I was becoming restless by the fact that our manager is smiling cheekily at me as he accompanied me until we arrived at the studio, and he went to JYP-nim’s office to inform him of my arrival.

 

 

 

“What the hell is wrong with him?” I asked to nobody in particular.

 

 

 

I sighed, heading towards the practice room where I can see how they were now sprawled over the floor obviously done with stretching. I also hear them talking about me, with their voices hushed, being too careful to the point that they didn’t notice my presence when I entered the room and plopped myself onto the couch.

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you think Lia unnie would be shocked?”

 

 

 

“Yuna, of course she would! It is THAT person we are talking about”

 

 

 

“Yeji unnie, Yuna, be quiet! I’m memorizing the choreography in my mind”

 

 

 

“Eyyy, really Chaeryeong unnie? We’ll shut up when you tell us what you think would be Lia unnie’s reaction when Maseul-ssi would come by later and watch our practice… Probably?”

 

 

 

“She’ll be shocked of course. But don’t you think that we should stop talking about her right now? For sure she’ll be arriving soon”

 

 

 

 

And that was the cue for me to fake a cough, making them turn their heads towards where I was seated. With wide eyes and crimson cheeks, they smiled awkwardly as if I just caught them stealing my favorite snacks. They immediately stood up and hid behind Yeji who was smiling sheepishly. I went close to them, making Chaeryeong and Yuna scoot closer behind Yeji.

 

 

 

“What were you all whispering so loud about?” I asked.

 

 

 

“Oh... uhm... it’s about the uhm... Yes! it’s about our comeback next year!! We were wondering what kind of song would M-Maseul produce for the comeback y-yeah?” Yeji replied unsurely.

 

 

 

I cocked an eyebrow at them, kept myself mum as I eyed them questioningly, wondering whether I would buy Yeji’s answer or not. “Then why did I hear my name” They all tensed and instinctively looked down the floor.

 

 

 

The sound of knocking stopped me from asking them further. I was about to ask why have they mentioned my name if they were talking about the comeback. They all sighed in sync. “Saved by the bell” I whispered. Our heads turned towards the entrance as JYP-nim entered the studio with our manager in tow followed by a man in his mid-20’s wearing a blazer over his white shirt. Yeji nudged my arm as she whispered to me. “I was also about to tell you that Maseul’s assistant would observe us during our practice” She discreetly pointed at the man carrying an iPad and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter