Present 2: August 2019

9 and 3/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So how was your encounter with ITZY’s main vocalist?”

 

 

“Not that bad JYP-nim, but I’ll need a little more convincing to produce their new album”

 

 

JYP swiveled his way to the couch, towards Maseul who was drinking a cup of water brought by his assistant. He stood up and placed his hands on Maseul’s shoulder, which made her look up at the man that was smiling.

 

 

“Maybe it would be good if you see them at the studio, they will be practicing soon for their fan meets”

 

 

“Then it’s settled, I’ll be watching how they practice, just text me where and when it’ll start so I could forward it to him”

 

 

With a bow, she walked out of the office and went to the lobby waiting for a black car to stop by the entrance. A few minutes later, a black car arrived. The driver went out and headed straight towards the lobby of the headquarters.

 

 

“How was posing as Ma Seuljin?”

 

 

The person who posed as Ma Seuljin, remained silent as she took the car keys from the real one that had recently just arrived. 

 

 

“I don’t like how it will go, with your plan to reunite me with that person, but I have to commend you for your efforts seonsaeng-nim”

 

 

The real Maseul stopped the person from walking out the building when he reached out his hands to yank her back.

 

 

“We both know that I’m only Ma Seuljin outside the recording studio, Ryujin. You are far more deserving of the stage name rather than me”

 

 

Ryujin, only stared at the man before breaking free of his hold. With a sigh, the man continued. “From now on, you’ll no longer be a trainee producer but you will be the REAL Ma Seuljin” He paused before leading her outside the building for a stroll around the vicinity with Ryujin following behind him, hands in her pockets as she looked at every couple that was passing by them. She internally scoffed as she saw how these couples display their affection in public without shying away from each passers' eyes.

 

 

‘How I wish I have someone to do it as well’

 

 

Finally, after a few minutes of walking, they stopped at the park and sat at one of the benches. “You earned it Ryu. You made magic happen inside the studio. You made the artist improve each recording sessions. You made the listeners of their songs feel as if they experienced every beat, every emotions expressed in the song. You gave magic to the song because you. are. Maseul.” The teacher gave emphasis on Maseul. He thought that Ryujin still couldn’t accept the fact that he will be retiring soon and he chose her to continue on with his legacy.

 

 

Ryujin could only look at the ground and ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter