i look at you more than i think i should

best friend zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"who's notebook is this?" the teacher is absolutely fuming. to mina, he's even beginning to resemble a dried tomato, with all those wrinkles probably from stressing way too much over the most useless things. like that notebook he's holding for example. it's filled with childish doodles of said teacher and other writings that mina can't quite read from her distance. whatever they were, they must have set the man off.

the classroom is quiet. although mina is sure she hears subtle snickers from a few of her classmates. who wouldn't though, the drawing of his angry face and his scarcity of hairs and his protruding belly are all quite accurate.

"if no one claims this notebook, i will give you all detention! no one leaves this classroom until i find out who it is."

there's a collective groan in the classroom. this is exactly why everyone hates their teacher. he overreacts unreasonably at everything that offends him. mina props an elbow and rests her cheek on her hand. this is beginning to get annoying. she could be home right now, finishing her harry potter lego set. but here she is in her last class of the day, wasting precious time being held up by a dried tomato.

mina then catches a glimpse of the cover of the notebook. it's purple and covered with a collage of words that read 'i love myself'. her eyes widen. she knows who exactly in their room would own such a notebook. not that she pays extra attention to the owner or anything. purple is just a nice color and the words 'love myself' are a great self-esteem booster.

she turns to the back of the classroom where she sees the owner fast asleep behind her best friend, jeongyeon. she must be tired from cheerleading practice, especially since fall game season has started... no, mina doesn't stalk her or anything. her best friends momo and sana just happen to be on the cheerleading team and she hears a lot of stories about said captain. about how she's extremely playful, childish, flirty, but also turns super strict when she's on captain mode.

she's got her head buried in her arms, completely oblivious to the fact that her notebook is causing the whole class unneeded trouble.

just then, teacher tomato is hit with an incredibly genius light bulb idea and decides to search through the pages of the notebook to search for a name. he honestly could have done that way earlier on but he was way into his feelings to think of it. but then mina panics. if he finds out who it is, the owner will get detention. then she'll miss important cheerleading practice which would be a big problem considering her vital role as the leader of the team. mina remembers sana and momo mentioning they have a game coming up and that they also need to be in tip top shape for competition.

too clouded in concern for the cheerleading team, (yes the whole cheerleading team, definitely NOT just a specific person on the team) mina finds herself standing up. her heart's beating out of her chest when she feels all eyes on her but she maintains her composure.

"that's my notebook." she says calmly.

--

nayeon yawns and stretches her sore limbs as she and her best friend walk through the halls. she doesn't even know what happened in her last class because she slept through half of it. a middle-aged hot tempered man who overreacts to everything was definitely not something she wanted to deal with.

plus, she could always get notes from jeongyeon anyway. on another hand, she badly needed rest. her team's been practicing every day for the past few weeks for the fall games and the upcoming competition. she took her captain role seriously so she always arrived practice way earlier than her team and always left last, making sure to help each individual teammate perfect the routines.

“it was really quiet when we left,” nayeon starts, “what happened while i was asleep?”

 

“tomato saw your drawings.” jeongyeon answers and stifles a laugh once she sees nayeon’s face morph into horror as she freezes in her footsteps.

“you’re joking right?” she questions. “right?” she begins searching her school bag for said notebook and the more she rummages through her bag, the faster her heart beats. she even decides to look through her practice duffel even though she knows for sure she only puts her practice things in there. “it’s not in here!” she cries.

“yeah, that’s because he has it.” jeongyeon responds nonchalantly.

“oh my god.” nayeon p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter