14> Cold Ones (BOOK VER.)

Unconditionally and Irrevocably

Bored.

At least that's what Sinb is feeling after continuously changing channels, sigh every after sigh. Totally forgetting about things that she should be doing, it's not that she forgot to stock their foods, nope definitely not.

There isn't any single thing that never made her almost close her eyes to the point, only things that's keeping her woke is a story or perhaps a legend Moonbin told her at the beach which also sounds related to Sojung or the Kims as they call them.

And ohhh boyyyyy that sure made her sprung up, opened her eyes—not even a single lightning struck can beat and went straight in her bedroom

Sinb doesn't really like using her monitor, one of the few reasons is....well it's very outdated and logging in just took wayyy too damn long for it to finally open — while still waiting for it she decided to grab something to eat also perhaps pick up some of her things that are scattered and left untouched on the floor.

While done, it seems that the computer has finally finished logging in; dropping her bag she went and took a sit then searched up what her needed to search up on her favorite website

===

"Vampires....vampires....vampi...aha!" after seems like an hour of searching Sinb finally found it. Of course there's no way she found it immediately, there's still a lot of clicks here and there, from movies and TV shows to role-playing games, gothic cosplays and few other more until she find a promising site — "Vampires A-Z" waiting for it impatiently to load, quickly removing every ads that popped up across the screen. Finally the screen was clean — simple white background with black academic-looking text. Upon the site two enough looking paragraphs greeted her on the home page:

"Throughout the vast shadowy world of ghost and demons there is no figure so terrible, no figure so dreaded and abhorred, yet dight with such fearful fascination, as the vampire, who is himself neither ghost nor demon, but yet who partakes the dark natures and possesses the mysterious and terrible qualities of both." – Rev. Montague Summers

"If there is in this world a well-attested account, it is that of the vampires. Nothing is lacking: official reports, affidavits of well-known people, of surgeons, of priests, of magistrates; the judicial proof is most complete. And with all that, who is there who believes in vampires? – Rousseau

after that long quotes, the rest of the site was an alphabetized listing of all the different myths and names of vampires which is held throughout the world. The first one I clicked on...

the Danag, was a Filipino vampire whom said to be responsible for planting taro on the islands long ago. The myth continued that the Danag worked with humans for many years already, but the partnership ended abruptly when a woman came with a cut on her finger and it her wound, that he enjoyed so much it made her drain out of blood.

As Sinb carefully read all the descriptions, looking for anything that may ring a bell or let alone plausible. It seems that all vampire myths circled around beautiful elegant people as demons and children as their victims. Many of the stories also involved bodiless spirits and warnings against improper entombment. There's nothing much that sounded among all of the movies you can watch when it comes to vampires, only a very few like the Hebrew Estrie and the Polish Upier, who were preoccupied with blood drinking.

Out of all the list, she managed to find three entries that really caught her attention: one is the Romanian Varacolaci, a powerful undead whom could appear as a beautiful, pale-skinned human, second the Slovak Nelapsi, a creature so strong and fast it could massacre a whole village in a span of an hour or less, and the last Stregoni benefici.

About this last was in no kind of similar to the other two which describe their looks nor abilities but describe another....

Stregoni benefici: an Italian vampire, said to on the side of goodness, and a mortal enemy of all evil vampires.

It's a relief that one small entry, one myth among hundreds nor thousands claimed the existence of good vampires

However, overall though, there was little that may coincided with Moonbin's stories to her very own observations. Sinb made a little catalogue in her mind as she'd read and carefully compare each myth, each description — Speed, strength, beauty, pale skin, eyes that shift colour; and then Moonbin's words: blood drinkers, enemies of werewolves, cold skinned, and immortal. There is no zero in between every few myths matched even one factor.

But then another problem, one that she remembered from the all movies she watched and backed up with today's reading — vampires couldn't come out in the daylight, the sun would burn them up to ashes. They slept in coffins all day and come out often at night. Irked. Sinb snapped out of her senses, pressed down the computer's main power — not waiting for it to shut down properly. Through her irritation, all she could feel was an overwhelming amount of embarrassment. It was so stupid, sitting in her room, researching things about vampires.

"What's wrong with me?" she asked herself

Deciding that most of the blame belonged on the footstep of Seoul — or every single town in the country as a matter of fact.

===

She needed to get out of the house to keep her mind in peace, but there's nowhere to go which involve a three-day drive. Sticking up her sneakers anyway, unclear on where she was heading, and went downstairs. Shrugging into her coat without checking the weather and stomped out the door.

It was overcast, that it would rain heavily today yet there's no any signs of it coming anytime soon, the sun still shining ever so brightly — ignoring her truck and started heading to the east, across Yuri's yard toward the ever-encroaching forest. It wasn't long till she went deeper in the forest enough that the house and road to be invisible, for the only sound are the squish of the damp earth under her feet and noises of birds on the early morning time.

A thin ribbon of a trail that led through the forest which she supposed Yuri tied, or she wouldn't dare to risk wandering on her own in situation and place like this; her sense of direction is nothing on perfect nor near on hopeless either. She could get lost in much more helpful surroundings other than this. The trail gets deeper and deeper into the forest. She vaguely knew some of the names of the trees around her due to Yuri pointing them out from the cruiser window during the earlier days.

This was a wrong place to have come. She shouldn have known, but is there any place she could go? The forest was deep in green and far too much like the scene in last night's dream to allow peace of mind. Now there was no longer the sound of her footsteps, the silence was deafening, the birds were quiet, and the drops increase, it must be raining above

In the trees it was much more easier to believe the absurdity that embarrassed Sinb indoors. None had really changed for thousands of years, and all the myths and legends of hundred different lands seemed to be much more likely in this green haze than they ever had in her clear-cut bedroom — she forced herself to focus on two vital questions
that needs to be answered, but did so unwillingly

First, deciding whether it is possible that what Moonbin had said about the Kims could be true.

Her mind immediately reponded with a resounding negative. It's really silly to entertain herself about such ridiculous things — and she really agrees with it — but what then? she asked, there's no other rational explanation on how she's still alive breathing till this moment. Listing again in her head the things she observed: the impossible speed and strength, eye color shifting from black to gold, inhumane beauty, pale-frigid skin and other more small things that slowly registered — they never seemed to eat, the disturbing grace and elegance whenever they moved and the way be sometimes spoke with unfamiliar cadences and phrases that better fit the style of a thousand century novel than a twenty-first century. He had skipped class if ever the day we'd do blood-typing. He hadn't said no having a trip at the beach until he heard where we were going, and he seemed to know what everyone around him was thinking....except, he had told me he was the bad guy, dangerous....

Well, they really are something. Something outside the possibility of rational justification
was taking nor happening infront of her very eyes. Whether it be Moonbin's cold ones nor her own theory, Kim Sojung was not....a human.

If Sojung was indeed one — she couldn't find any right words to think of — what is she going to do? There's no way involving someone else was definitely out, she can't even believe her for goodness sake; anyone she told have her committed. Only two options popped in her mind — that's more practical to say the least — one, is to take his own words: be smart, avoid him as much as possible, to cancel every plans and ignore him just like the first week, tell him to leave me alone. The sudden felt of despair she received as she considered the alternative. Her mind seemed to be rejecting the idea of pain and moving onto the next option.

She can do nothing different to be honest. After all, if he was...a bad guy, sinister or evil, he hadn't done anything harmful nor something that could hurt her. When in fact, Sinb might be a dent in Hyunmin's car if he — Sojung — didn't acted quickly. So quickly that she argued with herself about it, that maybe it was just a mere reflexes.

But, there was one thing she's fondly sure of. The dark Sojung she dreamt last night only meant as a reflection only of my fear about what Moonbin had told, and not Sojung himself. Even so, when Sinb screamed from terror of the werewolf's lunge, it wasn't a fear for the wolf that brought the word "No" come out of her lips. It was a fear that he would be harmed — even though he called her with sharp-edged fangs, she feared whatever could happen for him. And right there she knew that she already her answer

Sinb couldn't do nothing about her frightening secret. For when she thought of him, of his voice, his toxicating eyes. The only thing she wants right now is him and him only
 

However the only question going in her mind that she's more curious of is...

Could the Kims really be vampires?

———————————————————————————————————
this took almost what 4? months till I updated properly im sorry for that but anyways....I HATE KAKAO M AND KING RECORDS 

(movie ver.) will be posted later