Chapter Five

Secret Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun's POV

(Three Days Ago)

"Hey! Jonghyun! What took you so long?" Ren said as soon as he spotted Jonghyun walking towards him and Aron. They have long been waiting for Jonghyun to arrive and he just leisurely waltzed in the student council room looking distracted with his thoughts… 

"Did something happen to you?" Aron asked, also observing Jonghyun's absent-mindedness...

"Some guys confronted me in the toilet…"

"Again? Are these the same guys that attacked you the last time? Shownu and his friends?" Jonghyun nodded his head but remained unfocused and continued to be deep in thoughts…

"Really?! Oh gosh! Are you okay?" Ren said as he gets more concerned about his friend… 

"I'm fine… actually, s...someone helped me…"

"Really?"

"Yeah… Hwang Minhyun actually saved me…"

"Hwang Minhyun? Isn't he one of the officers in the student council? Good that he was there to help." Aron said as he tried to remember who Hwang Minhyun is...

"You know what the funny thing is?....after I thanked him for defending me… I asked him how I can repay him for his kindness…. He asked if I can go out with him…"

"What? For real?.... but… doesn't he have a thing for his bestfriend?... Baekho right?" Ren said, trying to fathom Minhyun's move to ask Jonghyun out when they all know that he has long been carrying a torch for his bestfriend...

"I know right? That's why I was so surprised when he asked me out…"

"Ohh!! Yeah! Now I remember who Minhyun is!" Aron said as he finally realized who they were talking about... "That guy is really brave and confrontational… atleast when it comes to anything about bestfriend! He will always confront anyone who would show even a slight interest for Baekho!" Aron said laughing as he remembered incidents of silent confrontations between Minhyun and their classmate, Kyulkyung, who has been showing obvious interest and openly flirting to get Baekho's attention! Minhyun even cornered him and Ren one time, a few years back, when he thought Ren was showing interest for his bestfriend!

"So what did you say?" Ren asked, now getting worried for Jonghyun… "Don't tell me you agreed to that date? That guy may be just using you to make his bestfriend jealous!"

"I said yes…"

"What? Jonghyun… are you out of your mind? You know Minhyun is just going to use you and you're just going to let him?!"

"I know… but then I'm thinking… I may need him… more than he needs me…" He remained pensive as he thought about his current messy situation…. with Irene…

Jonghyun has long been carrying his own torch and has secretly been admiring they're classmate, Irene, from afar… He knows he needs to stop his delusions because he knows someone like Irene, a school untouchable goddess, will not be interested in someone like him…. Plus he knows for a fact that Irene has already been spoken for and has been involved with her on-again / off-again, long time boyfriend, Shownu, the son of a business tycoon who seemed to have a lot of influence in their school as well…. 

Shownu and his gang, they proudly call, Monsta X, who would almost always be involved in school fights and harassments, would still end up unscathed because of Shownu's dad's influence...

Shownu is a lot like Minhyun when it comes to being territorial…. But maybe even worse… this crazy guy, would often go beyond his limits when it comes to his possessiveness, to the point of sometimes, paranoia, that Irene will be leaving him behind…

A few months back, Jonghyun finally had the courage to confess to Irene when he thought she already broke up with Shownu… this didn't sit well with Shownu and suddenly Jonghyun has now become Shownu's target… Looking at Irene, she's really conflicted with her feelings… Irene confessed that she wanted out but then she is incapable of going against her boyfriend…

When Irene learned of Jonghyun's feelings a few months back, all the more that she wanted out and leave Shownu and that put Jonghyun in a bind to help her and face the wrath of Shownu and his gang… 

Lately, the harassments and confrontations between Shownu and Jonghyun are getting more frequent and he is starting to feel disheartened to pursue  Irene. 

That confrontation in the toilet room may be a blessing for him with Minhyun helping him out. And with Minhyun showing interest in Jonghyun, somehow, it made him think twice on what he really wants… should he persist to pursue Irene or start anew with Minhyun… maybe Minhyun does like him after all?

"Jonghyun are you sure about this? I don't want to put your hopes up in this guy…"

"I don't know as well… but I would like to try… I mean, Minhyun looks cute, right?" Jonghyun said as he tried to remember how Minhyun bravely faced Shownu and his Monsta X gang…

__________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter