Chapter Four

Secret Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Minhyun looked at the two males, both obviously fuming with anger, it's just now that it came to his mind the harshness of the situation. Now, he belatedly feels regretful for putting Baekho in this situation. And looking at how Jonghyun is taking everything in, he now worries that he may have already ruined their date before it even started!

"Jonghyun… I... I asked Baekho to drive for us. Hope you don't mind?" Minhyun calmly said to pacify the situation as he tried to break the icy glares being exchanged between Jonghyun and Baekho.

Then Baekho gave in... like he's just been thrown with a bucket of ice cold water... "Well… just pretend I'm not here." Baekho tried to remain stoic... as he turned to go inside the driver's seat, then waited for the two to get in at the backseat of the car. He was thinking, this will be the longest thirty minutes drive of his life.

______________

In fairness to Minhyun, he really tried to continuously make small conversations with Jonghyun. He tried to take Jonghyun's mind off the difficult situation in the car… But the fact still remains that although Baekho kept silent the entire time, he is still, actually, in fact, in the car, with them!... and can actually see and hear whatever is happening at the backseat! 

A couple of times, Jonghyun would catch Baekho's eyes looking at them in the rearview mirror and would just pretend that he is just looking at the cars at the back. As much as Jonghyun wanted to pretend and wished for their annoying driver to just disappear, he can very much still feel his presence all the time!

When Jonghyun tried to hold Minhyun's hand, Minhyun got startled and thereby, also surprising their ever attentive driver! There was one time they almost hit the car in front and Baekho just stepped on the break just in time but this has caused the couple at the back to bump into each other… "Sorry!" Baekho immediately said, as he tried to will himself to keep his eyes on the road and just focus on his driving...

When they reached their destination, they parked the car right in front of the restaurant,  then Jonghyun immediately went out of the car... obviously relieved to finally arrive and be out of Baekho's eagle-eyesight! 

Minhyun hesitated though, as he was now thinking of also inviting Baekho inside the restaurant. "Go on inside, Minhyun-ah… obviously I won't be joining you for lunch…" Baekho immediately said, already anticipating what Minhyun wanted to say before he even voiced it out… He was looking outside, as he tried to avoid Minhyun's gaze but somehow, he still felt Minhyun's reluctance to leave him behind… maybe he felt guilty again for putting his bestfriend in this predicament…

"Yes.. yes… I know… I'll go inside now.... You're going to be fine right?"

"Just go inside already!" 

"Okay! I'm going! Just… just buy something delicious for your lunch and I'll just pay you back later..."

"You don't have to tell me! I'll definitely make sure you pay for all my expenses!" Baekho said grumpily…

"Yes! Sorry again, Baekho!"

I'll just see you later… after the movie ends…"

"Yes! S...see you.."

Since the restaurant was in the same area as the movie theater, the plan is for the couple to just take the walkway going to the theater. Then, as Baekho reminded Minhyun, they will just meet once they finish watching the horror movie they reserved. Now Baekho has a couple hours to kill before he meets up again with the pair.

Baekho just can't believe it will be this difficult. No matter how much he would psyche himself not to think about the two being together now, and probably enjoying their alone time away from Baekho, his mind would still wander back to Minhyun… and Jonghyun...

He remembered how Jonghyun would look at his bestfriend and how Minhyun would look back… Those meaningful looks really speak a thousand words… and seems like each word equates to cuts and pokes and stabs into Baekho's heart… This is what he has endured in those mentally grueling thirty minutes ride inside the car… and the day has only just started.

Now he is asking himself, can he still endure some more? Is he really such a masochist that he will just let all these blow up in his face? Is he really just going to take all these in without a fight? 

For what??  For the sake of his bonded friendship with Minhyun? For brotherhood? For hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter