Chapter One

Secret Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Baekho!!! Baekho!!"

Baekho got startled and tried to find where that frantic voice was coming from. He saw Minhyun jumping excitedly like he won the lottery or something as he ran hastily towards him.

"Minhyun! What's wrong? What happened?" Baekho said feeling confused about all this excitement as he continued to look at his bestfriend who seemed to be hyperventilating and unable to speak! He can see Minhyun's smiling, giddy face, now turning blushing red all over!

"I finally did it!! I can't believe I finally did it!" Minhyun said as he held on to Baekho's arms then he started hugging him and turning him around as they did a happy dance twirl.

Baekho is unconsciously smiling and laughing back even though he doesn't know why Minhyun is so happy and excited all of a sudden.

"What happened?" Baekho finally asked again, unable to control his reaction to Minhyun's contagious laughter. He tried to stop Minhyun from moving them around as he is now turning dizzy…

"I finally did it Baekho!" Minhyun said again as he looked Baekho in the eyes. "I finally asked Jonghyun to go out with me…. And he said yes!!" Minhyun screamed as he started twirling Baekho again unable to contain his excitement!

Baekho continues to hold on to the over-excited Minhyun. He continues to hug and jump and twirl with Minhyun, feeling happy for his bestfriend. He kept thinking to himself.. this is fine.. this is fine.. he is going to be fine. He's happy for Minhyun. He really is! This is what Minhyun wanted to do for the longest time that they have known each other and have been bestfriends.... 

Baekho has been bestfriends with Minhyun ever since he can remember. They grew up together, live next door to each other, and have been playmates long before they learn how to walk and talk to each other. When they started school, they made sure to be together, study in the same school and be in the same class and sometimes, they even made sure they got to sit next to each other. They would always be together sharing everything from toys to food and sometimes, even clothes! They are an inseparable duo.. Tom and Jerry…. Woody and Buzz…. Batman and Robin…. Wherever one is, the other is sure to be just nearby!

That's how it is with these two bestfriends. As they grow older, they get even closer. Now as they prepare for their last year in high school, with all the activities, they still share with everything, even secrets! That is how Baekho has learned about Minhyun's deep admiration for Jonghyun.

Who wouldn't love Jonghyun? He is everyone's dream boy, the ultimate crush, the perfect son and every mother's dream for a son in law! Kim Jonghyun, the straight A student… consistent top rank in class, the school basketball varsity team captain, everyone even calls him the nation's leader!

So when Minhyun told Baekho his secret, that he is in love with Kim Jonghyun, this doesn't surprise Baekho anymore… that doesn't mean he likes it though… since Baekho has a secret of his own… and this is the one secret that he keeps only to himself… something that for him, if revealed, will be the end of the BaekMin dynamic duo… 

Baekho has been secretly in love with his bestfriend. He knows this is bad and he shouldn't be entertaining any thoughts of him and Minhyun ever ending up together… it's just never going to happen. Minhyun is his brother. They may not be blood related, but they have been closer than real brothers can ever be. So in Baekho's mind, he cannot be lusting over and craving for his brother….. No!! ….. Not gonna happen… it's like a line that they shouldn't cross…. a rule that shouldn't be broken… and it has been that way for them ever since...

"Really?? You asked Jonghyun out and he said yes? Wow! Dude! I'm so happy for you!" Baekho said as he excitedly shook Minhyun's hand. He knows how Minhyun would secretly look and long for Kim Jonghyun, and how many times he has attempted and consistently failed in his plan to ask Jonghyun out. And now he has done it!

"Tell me how it happened? How did you do it?" Baekho asked, genuinely curious as they have always been together. So Baekho cannot even believe that something momentous like this will even happen without him witnessing it!

"I told you I was just going to the toilet right?" Minhyun started to say… "But then after going to the cube, I saw some guys in the corner and they seemed to be bullying someone." Minhyun was breathless as he tried to narrate what happened a few minutes back... "I was contemplating if I should go out and call for help.. but then I saw Kim Jonghyun in their midst and I just blanked out! I went charging towards the group, pushing everyone and I protected Jonghyun!" Minhyun was getting hyper and so exhilarated as he shared what happened to Baekho.

"I don't know how I got the courage to do what I did… but I just did it! I held up my fists, ready to fight whoever would go near… and then a teacher came and helped as well! God Baekho! You just don't know how nervous I was back there, my fists are li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter