End Year Festival

Reply 2010

Today is the day of the End Year Festival. The school is crowded with students, some of them are selling foods and goods according to their classes, some of them are visiting around and sight-seeing, and some of them are preparing for their performances for the Festival.

Sakura and Chaeyeon are walking around the school compound and they are trying everything they see for fun.

" Aigoo, it's really fun."

" Yeah, if I were still the Romeo, I will never have the chance to spend this precious time with you."

Chaeyeon said and Sakura is smiling shyly. The taller girl is still in her cast so Sakura has to feed everything they buy to eat which Chaeyeon gladly accepts. Sakura checks the time and she taps Chaeyeon to get her attention.

" Yes? "

" Let's go to the hall. I want to see our friends in costumes."

" Nice idea. Let's go."

The two head to the hall and they enter the backstage where everyone is busy with their own things. They look around and search for their friends.

" There they are."

Sakura points to the corner where Eunbi and Hyewon are sitting together. They walk to there and Chaeyeon laughs loudly when she sees Hyewon.

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, you are so funny!!!!!! "

" Shut up."

Hyewon said with a red face and Chaeyeon is laughing while hitting her shoulder.

" If it didn't happen, I would be the one wearing that costume."

Hyewon is glaring at her and Sakura and Eunbi are laughing together at their girlfriends. Chaeyeon tries to calm down herself and she said with a smile.

" But you are really cool, man."

" I'm not a man, geez."

But Hyewon has tied her hair and her thick arching eyebrows already made her super handsome. Her costume is fitting on her perfect body and when she is taking the sword with her, she is already the perfect Romeo for the Play. Chaeyeon looks at her from side to side and she gives a thumb up.

" I'm serious. You are really handsome. Every girl in the school will fall for you."

" Stop it. You are making me embarrassed."

Eunbi holds on Hyewon's hand and she gives a gentle rub to the calm down the shy girl. At that time, Chaeyeon notices that Mina is walking to and fro not far from them while holding her phone in her hand.

" What's happening to her? "

" Molla, I'll ask. Mina-ah."

Eunbi calls and Mina looks at them. She walks to them and sits on the chair before she lets out a sigh.

" Is everything ok? "

" I am the first one to perform to open the festival but there is sill no sign of Chaeng."

" Umm, really? "

" Yeah, she called me last night and she said she will be here but there is still no sign of her."

" May be she is in the crowd? "

" Yeah, it can be. Try to think positive."

They try to cheer up Mina but the later is still worried so Chaeyeon and Sakura decide to help her.

" Ok, the performances are about to start. We will go in the hall and search for her. Don't worry."

" Yes, you have to show your best."

Mina nods and she smiles at her friends.

" Thank you, I only have you, guys."

Chaeyeon and Sakura said bye to them and they come out from the backstage to enter the hall to take their seats. They search rows by rows for their friends and finally they spot them.

" Guys, here."

Tzuyu greets them cheerfully where she is sitting together with Momo and Sana. Hmm, there is no sign of Chaeng here.

" Where is your friend? Mina is worried that she will not come."

" Don't worry. She is doing fine."

Tzuyu answers with a mysterious smile and the couple nod, and they take their seat beside Momo to watch the performances. 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                   xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

" Mina, ready. The lights will be on in 10 seconds."

Mina sighs and she nods. She inhales and tries to calm down herself. She knows there will be many audience in the hall. And as she is the first one to perform, she can't let them down. She really loves to show her creation of the Black Swan and she hopes the one who gave her the idea will be watching her when curtains are up.

At that time, the curtains are pulled up slowly and she takes ready of her posture to start her dance. The light is only on her and the whole crowd is cheering loudly as soon as they see her on the stage.

Yes, this is the life she wants. She wants to perform on the stage. This is the thing that makes her happy. Mina is thinking as her body starts moving like a feather on the stage according to the flowing melody. Her dance moves become more and more wild as the melody becomes stronger. 

Mina doesn't control her body anymore. She lets her spirit to take over the body and dances as she likes, making everyone awe with her performance. And when she stops finallly with the ending melody, the crowd forgets to cheer up on her for a few seconds as they can't say a word to the perfect strong dance.

* clap clap clap *

But the hall is filled with loud cheering for her and she looks at them in satisfaction while breathing heavily. And becomes and O when she sees her parents with Chaeyoung cheering for her in the front row of the crowd. Her parents are nodding and clapping with proud eyes while Chaeyoung winks at her when she finds that Mina is looking at them. Mina bows to the audience before the curtains fall down again.

" Mina unnie!!! "

When she comes down from the stage, Chaeyoung is already at there. She runs to her and hugs her tight. Mina doesn't shy anymore and she hugs her back because she has already missed that kid. She sees that Eunbi is staring at them and making jokes with Hyewon so she has to glare at her before she pushes away the kid.

" Where have you been all the time? "

" It's a secret."

Chaeyoung said with a naughty smirk and she holds on Mina's arm as they walk out from the backstage. 

" Dad, Mom."

Mina runs to her parents and they hug her in a proud way. Then they give her the bouquet they have brought for her and Mina smiles sweetly at them. The family is taking photos with the photographer and Chaeyoung is watching them from there.

" Chaeng, come. What are you doing? We should take a photo together."

Her father calls her lover, making Mina to be surprised. 

" Chaeng is a good kid. We were surprised to see her at the volunteer camp. She is not only generous and done many donations to the charity groups, but also the best volunteer kid. Plus, she is a lovely girl."

Her mother said and all Mina can do is listening with a wide open mouth. But Chaeyoung has already made her way to her and takes her place beside Mina, holding on her arm again. 

" So, you are doing this, huh? "

" Hehe. Yeah. I need to make good impressions to my in-laws."

" You little naughty kid."

Mina said with a fake glare but Chaeyoung lonely replies her with her cute dimple smile. Mina laughs at the cuteness and she knows there will be no problem in between them. Everything will be ok.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                          xxx 

 

 

 

 

" The Play. The Play."

Sana said excitingly and she slaps on both Tzuyu and Momo's thighs to get attention. Momo glares at her and slaps her back while Tzuyu is only laughing. But they all are exciting to watch their friends on the stage performing with costumes.

" LOL, Kang Hyewon is so funny."

Tzuyu can't hold her laughter when Hyewon appears on the stage. But surprisingly, they are doing well and the audience start to enjoy the Play. Sana slowly leans to Tzuyu and she whispers.

" Hey, don't you notice that they are too immerse in thier characters? I mean it seems they are not just performing. They are trying to express their emotions. I am feeling that way. Can you feel it? "

The only thing that Tzuyu can feel is Sana but she can't reply this. She tries to smile and nods, agreeing with Sana.

" Yeah, it seems they are really saying their own dialogues."

And that's why the Play seems more realistic. The story line is as everyone knows, Romeo and Juliet are kids from the rival families and they fell in love unfortunately. They tried to be together but it ended up in a mess and Romeo was sentenced for Exile after he just got secretly married to Juliet. And the reaches now.

Juliet Eunbi is lying on the place where she is pretending to be dead while Romeo Hyewon enters the stage with a sad face. She runs to Eunbi and kneels down beside her, cupping her face gently. She will miss this face. She will miss a lot.

Hyewon thinks and she sighs. She never forgets to say her dialogues of how she can't believe that Juliet is dead. Then she takes the small bottle from her pocket.

" I can't live without you, Juliet. I will come to you. If we can't be together in this life, I will come find you in another life."

She slowly leans down and kisses on Eunbi's forehead. Eunbi doesn't know why but the words are too real for them and a tear drops down from her left eye. Hyewon sighs and she opens the bottle and drinks the poison inside, and falls down on Eunbi's body and dead.

" It is reallly heart breaking to see them as Romeo and Juliet."

Sana moves closer to Tzuyu and she leans on her shoulder while she is murmuring. Tzuyu nods with teary eyes. It is so touching and  she knows the story of Eunbi and Hyewon very well so she feels really sorry for them. She leans back on Sana'a head and watch Juliet Eunbi wakes up from her fake death and freaks out when she finds out that Romeo is dead already.

" What happened? Oh, Romeo, why you didn't wait for me? "

Eunbi is doing her dialogues and she feels like she is really heart breaking at that moment. She looks at the dead Romeo and kneels down beside her.

" I will follow you, my love. If we can't finish our love story in this life, let's continue in afterlife. Our hearts became one since the day we first met and I believe our love is strong enough to find each other again."

Eunbi leans down and she tries to take the remaining drops of poison on the Hyewon's lips.She doesn't know whose lips, hers or Hyewon's, are trembling. She can't hold herself anymore. Tears are already falling down on her face and she captures Hyewon's lips and kisses her hard, putting all the love she had for the younger girl in the kiss.

Hyewon feels like crying now. She wants to hug the older girl and comfort her but she can't since they are in the middle of the performance. Eunbi remembers this and she continues with the script. She wipes her tears and takes the sword from Hyewon's belt.

" I don't want to live without you. Even if I am still breathing, my heart has already died with you. My love, if next life really exists, I'll find you and we will fall in love again. Wait for me."

And Eunbi stabs herself with the sword and she falls on Romeo's body too. The curtain is falling down and the lights slowly fade away, making the audience stand up and clap in satisfaction. Eunbi's body is shaking on Hyewon's and the younger girl knows that she is crying. She immediatley sits up and pulls the older girl in a tight hug.

" Hyewon-ah, I don't. I don't want to leave you."

" Me, too, unnie. But- "

They stop talking. The two share a tight hug on the stage and they don't care even if someone sees them. All they care about is to hold each other as tight as they can before they lose the one they love.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

Nayeon is walking around the school and looking for a certain person but she still finds no sign of her. She walks to the hall wondering Jeongyeon is watching the Play. She notices Tzuyu, Sana and Momo walking out from there with Chaeyeon and Sakura and Nayeon just runs to there.

" Guys. Have you seen Yoo Jeongyeon? "

" No, waeyo? "

" I- I have something to tell her."

" Unnie, have you tried the stadium? She usually goes to there and plays when she's upset."

Chaeyeon suggests and Nayeon's face lights up immediately.

" Maja, I nearly forget about that. Gomowo."

Nayeon said and she starts running from there, ignoring the calls from her friends. She runs and runs and runs till she reaches the stadium. She slows down and catches her breathe before she starts walking into the stadium.

Yes, there she is. Yoo Jeongyeon is running in the field and playing basketball alone. She throws high jump, catches the ball again, then she runs and throws again. Nayeon continues walking to her till she reaches at the margin line of the basketball court.

" Yoo Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon is about to throw the ball when Nayeon calls her. She recognizes the owner of the voice but she doesn't dare to turn around and face her. Nayeon is now with teary eyes and she starts running to Jeongyeon while tears start to fall down on her face.

 

 

Flashback

 

" Omma, I- "

" Sit first, honey."

Nayeon is very scared now. She sits in front of her parents and she doesn't dare to look at them. her whole body is trembling and she is really afraid of the words she is going to receive from her parents.

" We have read this."

Her father starts and Nayeon just lowers her head and hides her face.

" I- I didn't mean to lie to you. I- I was really scared. I- "

" We only want to know one thing, honey."

Her mother said and Nayeon nods. She can't imagine how much her parents may disappoint with her. Her mother sighs and she asks.

" Will you be really happy if you can be together? "

" Nae? "

Nayeon is surprised and she looks up her parents who are also staring at her. 

" Will you be happy if we let you to follow your heart? "

" Omma, I- "

Nayeon can't say any word. Her heart is beating fast and her brain stops working. Her mother stands up from her seat and she pulls Nayeon in a hug.

" We are sorry, Honey. We thought we knew your happiness. But all we did only gave you wounds."

" No, Omma. I know you love me."

" We love you, too, honey. All we want is your happiness. If Jeongyeon is your happiness, you have to get your happiness."

Her father also joins the hug and they share the family hug while Nayeon is crying really hard. They talked a lot on that day. Her parents keep saying sorry and Nayeon keeps saying Thank you. Nayeon can't wait to run to Jeongyeon and tell her everything,

 

End of Flashback

 

Nayeon runs to Jeongyeon and hugs her tight from the back. Her face is leaning on Jeongyeon's broad back and her tears are raining on there, making Jeongyeon to be surprised. The taller girl is frozen and she is standing there like a statue, while the ball in her hand falls on the floor and bouncing a few times as it gets away.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, I'm sorry."

" Why are you crying? "

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's not I don't love you. I was a coward and I didn't dare to talk with my parents. I- I- I didn't have enough courage to take your hand and face the world. I am so sorry, Yoo Jeongyeon."

" Im Nayeon. I- "

" I'm sorry, Yoo Jeongyeon. I was too stupid to show how I feel. And I was too dumb to talk to you. I am sorry."

" Stop. And listen."

Jeongyeon holds on Nayeon's arms on her waist and she removes them slowly. Then, she turns around and faces the crying girl. Nayeon's shoulders are moving up and down as she sobs and Jeongyeon smiles at her. She then puts her both hands on Nayeon's shoulders.

" You should have trust me and talk to me. You always forget that you are not alone."

Nayeon looks up Jeongyeon and the taller girl sighs while looking at the broken girl. Nayeon bites her lip and she stares back at Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon shakes her head.

" I really don't want to be friends with you."

" What? I thought we are ok now."

Nayeon said and Jeongyeon suddenly leans in to capture Nayeon's shaking lips. The shorter girl is surprised but she closes her eyes when Jeongyeon starts nimble on her upper lip then moves to the lower.

Jeongyeon pulls Nayeon closer to her and pulls up her face by grabbing the back of her head while her fingers are locking in her hair, playing with them. Nayeon is shy at first but she responds to the touch and kiss her back.

The kiss is bittersweet with the tears on Nayeon's face but they put the feeling they have for each other in it. It is more than they are sharing their first kiss. It is sharing their hearts and their love for each other. They part from each other when their lungs are screaming for oxygen and they smile at each other.

" Saranghae."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon feels like she is in heaven now. She lowers her head to hide her smiling face but she can't control her joy anymore. She jumps to the taller girl and hugs her tight. Jeongyeon is laughing and she returns the hug too.

" Nado Saranghae."

Nayeon whispers and they continue share their hug. They have been longing for each other and they can be finallly together now. It is a bless. They have to wait for a long time till they have the right time. Though the journey was hard and rocky, they can finally have their happiness at the end.

Love is something worth to wait for.