Never Ending Story

Reply 2010

" It's really hard for me. I don't know what to do anymore. I love Jeongyeon and I don't want her to be hurt because of me. I realized how much Jeongyeon means to me when she started dating. I don't want to see her with someone else not me. But I don't want to disappoint my parents, either.

Now, she is after me again and this time, I know exactly what she wants but I still have no courage to give her. I think I should find my courage to talk with my parents. I don't want to play this game anymore. I'm hurt and tired already."

Nayeon puts down the pen and she closes the diary book she has been writing. She starts writing this diary since Jeongyeon started to date someone. She wanted to tell someone about her feelings so she got this idea. This small book knows everything about her, her tears, her smiles, her fear and her happiness. This is her secret.

" Nayeon-ah, honey, breakfast is ready."

Nayeon quickly hides the book in the piles of books on her table and she turns to her mother with a smile.

" Nae, I'm coming."

She takes her school things and bag and comes down to the downstairs. After she has done her breakfast with her parents, Nayeon comes out from the house. She looks around wondering Jeongyeon is waiting for her but there is no sign of the tall girl. Nayeon sighs and she shakes her head as she starts walking to school.

" Nayeon unnie, come sit with us."

" No, I have eaten my breakfast."

Nayeon tries to refuse the offer but her friends do not want to let her go easily. Jihyo stands up and she pulls her to the long table they are sitting and Nayeon checks the time. It's a little too early for the first class to start. Ok, let's sit and talk with them, it's been a while I hanged out with them. Nayeon thinks and she orders a juice to join them.

" Unnie, exam is near, right? Have you done with the studies? "

" No, there are too many to read and I am doubting if I can do it or not."

" C'm on. Cheer up. You can do it."

" Yeah, but where is Eunbi? She must be really busy with the exam and the Play."

" She said she will not come to school today. She has a... Plan."

Momo and Sana are giggling and Nayeon frowns. 

" Something's happened? "

" Yeah, we thought she and Hyewon are dating."

" Wow."

Nayeon is surprised by the new information she has just received. And she is a little worried for her friends. What if the wedding is coming soon? Aigoo, they are playing with fire, indeed. She spends some time with her friends and she finally comes into the class to take the tutorial.

Nayeon is sitting at the back row alone and she is focus on her answer when someone sits beside her. Nayeon doesn't look up to that person but she feels that the one is moving closer to her. Hmm? Nayeon stops writing and she takes a look to theat person to find it's Yoo Jeongyeon again. Nayeon sighs and she ignores her to resume writing.

She writes as fast as she can and she passes the book to the teacher as she wants to leave Jeongyeon. But the taller girl does the same and she is now running after her. Nayeon feels she has been stalked and she is pissed off with Jeongyeon. She stops and decides to face Jeongyeon instead of running away this time.

Jeongyeon doesn't expect Nayeon to stop and turn around to her so she is almost bumped into her. Nayeon is glaring her with crossed arms and Jeongyeon stares her back.

" What do you want, Jeongyeon? "

" I- "

Jeongyeon loses words as she even doesn't know what she wants. She just follows Nayeon as she wants her attention. She has never prepared for this kind of direct question. Nayeon sighs and she said.

" Look, stop following me around. It creeps me out and you even look like a stalker."

" Stalker? Yah, Im Nayeon."

" Wae? You are making me uncomfortable. You know? "

" So what? You will keep ignoring me like we were never close before? "

" Jeongyeon-ah, it's not me who started this."

Nayeon tries to talk nicely but Jeongyeon starts to lose her temper. 

" Me? So you are blaming everything on me? You are ridiculous, Im Nayeon. I- I thought we were ok but you said we are only friends in front of everyone!!! "

She is shouting now and people start to watch their drama. Nayeon uneasily looks around and she tries to calm Jeongyeon down.

" Let's stop. People are watching."

" I don't care. I care only about you. And you are ignoring me for days and it's killing me. You understand? "

She shouts and Nayeon is angry too. She stares back at Jeongyeon and she replies with the same anger.

" You forgot that you said we were just friends and told me to stay out of your life? "

" What! "

" You are not always right, Yoo Jeongyeon. Every story has two sides and you never want to listen to mine."

Nayeon said and she turns around to walk away from Jeongyeon. She is holding back her tears and she feels really sad at that time. She hopes Jeongyeon will not follow her but the later shouts at her from the back again.

" I don't want to be friends with you anymore, Im Nayeon. I want something more."

Nayeon closes her eyes and she pretends like she doesn't hear the confession as she walks away from the scene. The angry Jeongyeon kicks in the air and she glares at everyone who are watching them with curious eyes.

" Mind your own business."

She said and she leaves the place too. Nayeon decides just to come back to home because she doesn't want to attend class anymore. She opens the door and enters the house lifelesslly and she is about to go to her room when her mother calls her.

" Nayeon-ah."

" Nae? "

Nayeon is surprised to see both her parents in the living room waiting for her. Her eyes land on a book that they put on the small table and her eyes widens in fear. That's her diary. How they-

" We need to talk, honey."

I'm dead now.

 

 

 

xxx.                                    xxx                                    xxx

 

 

 

 

" Guys, have you heard that Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie fought in public not long ago? "

" Really? Huu, they both seriously need to talk properly."

" Yeah, they are making theirselves suffer."

Momo, Sana and Mina are sitting at one table and they are taking with Chaeyeon and Sakura who are at the opposite table and doing lovey dovey things. While they are talking, Mina can't concentrate on the conversation because she has been waiting for someone who has never appeared since the incidence at her house.

" Are you ok, Minari? You are spacing out."

" Yeah, I was waiting for Chaeng."

She said and Sana and Momo look at each other. 

" Why? "

Mina sighs and she decides to tell her friends about her problem. She explains everything happened on her sick day and her friends are just cheering inside that Mina finally gets someone.

" And it has been two days I last saw her. I mean it is only a week to the Festival and two weeks to the final exam. Where is she? She didn't even call me and I don't have her number yet."

" You are worried for her."

" Of course, I am. I have full responsibility to tame that little beast."

Mina said and her friends laugh at her as it is weird to see worried Mina talking about chessy things.

" Talking about the beast, her friend is coming. You should ask her."

Momo said while they are watching Tzuyu entering the canteen. She looks around and walks to them when she spots them at the corner. She sits on the seat beside Sana and the older girl smiles at her.

" Mina unnie, Chaeng said she won't come to school for a week. She will be back soon so don't worry about her."

" What's wrong with that kid? "

" I don't know. She said she needs to go somewhere."

Tzuyu said and Mina frowns as she doesn't understand Chaeyoung. But she stays quiet and just string her juice for no reason. Sana pushes her juice to Tzuyu and the younger girl takes a sip with a shy attitude. 

" Tzuyu-ah, are you fine with your studies? "

" Yeah, I'm doing it together with Chaeng so don't worry."

Tzuyu replies and Sana only nods. Tzuyu feels somehow special as Sana is taking care of her. She is about to say something to Sana but someone suddenly calls her.

" Sana unnie."

" Oh, Dahyun-ah, come here."

" Nae."

She again? Tzuyu bites her inner cheek when she sees the same super white girl skipping her way to them. Dahyun smiles brightly at Sana and she sits on the other side of Sana.

" Unnie, I am done with my class. Shall we go? "

" Now? Well, I have a class at 2PM but it is not that much important. I'll just skip it."

Sana said and Tzuyu feels a little surprised to their closure. So, Sana and Dahyun are close? She didn't know about this.

" No, unnie. I'll wait for you if you have class."

" It's fine. Don't worry. Let's go."

Sana said and she takes her bag as she stands up from her seat.

" Bye guys, bye Tzuyu-ah."

Sana said and she links Dahyun's arm as they both leave the canteen together. Tzuyu is staring at them till they disappear from her sight with a surprised reaction and Momo gives the answer she needs.

" Sana has been helping Dahyun with her studies."

" Aww."

That's only Tzuyu can say. She looks at the juice Sana shared with her and then she lets out a small smile. That is Sana. She is nice to everyone. There is no need to be worried about. She is encouraging herself but she ends up making a sigh.

" We are going, too, guys. Bye."

" Bye."

Chaeyeon and Sakura said and they come out from the canteen to head back to the class. Chaeyeon can't still write so Sakura has to take extra care for both of them in class. The two lovebirds become the school's no.1 favourite couple immediately. And they don't really mind with the envious stares at them.

Sakura is wearing the old hair clip she gave to Chaeyeon in their childhood and Chaeyeon finds it cute. She never forgets to tell Sakura that she is beautiful from time to time. They come back home together after the class and Chaeyeon suddenly stops Sakura.

" Hye, Saku-chan, I was thinking about something."

" Hmm? "

" Umm, we are sending each other home and it is like wasting time. As the exam is drawing nearer, we need to focus on our studies, right? We shouldn't spend time on the road."

" So? "

Sakura asks and Chaeyeon stops. She searches in her pocket and takes out something from it. She then takes Sakura's hands and she puts something in Sakura's hand. Sakura opens it and she covers in surprise when she finds a key in her hand.

" Jjaeyeon, is this- "

" Yes, the key to my house. You can come and live with me if you want."

Chaeyeon said nervously and Sakura throws herself to Chaeyeon as she hugs her tightly.

" Thank you, thank you. This means a lot to me."

Chaeyeon hugs her back with her good hand and she pads on the shorter girl's back. Sakura is feeling really touched and Chaeyeon is glad that she can make her happy. Finally, Sakura removes herself from Chaeyeon and she smiles at her.

" Shall we go now? "

" Hai! "

They hold hands and walk back happily on thier way home.

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

" Yah~~ I'm studying."

Eunbi said while she is trying to push Hyewon away. The younger girl pouts but she moves away herself from Eunbi and crosses her arms.

" You are no fun. We practiced our Play and then you started your studying since you came here."

" Awww, Hyewon-ah, the exam is only two weeks away and I need to pass the exam to graduate."

" Then what? You will get married? "

Hyewon suddenly said and Eunbi stops writting. She is frozen at the spot and Hyewon knows that she has said something wrong. She sighs and crawls back to Eunbi. The older girl is sitting on the bed and studying on the table beside the bed. And now, the younger girl is back hugging her while trying to comfort her.

" I'm sorry. I shouldn't said that."

" No, you are right."

Hyewon sighs as she can feel the sadness in Eunbi's voice. Today, Eunbi and Hyewon decided to skip school and hang out at Hyewon's house. There is no one except them in the house as everyone is in their works and the two kids are having fun together until Hyewon said about the marriage thing.

Hyewon removes herself from Eunbi and she slowly turns around the older girl to face her.

" Look at me, unnie. We have talked about this. Let's forget about this for a while and have fun, okay? "

Hyewon wonders if the older girl is crying and she stares at her, looking for current feelings in her eyes. Eunbi stares at her back and Hyewon is surprised to see a daring Eunbi in front of her. What's wrong? 

" Hyewon-ah, I have a request."

Eunbi suddenly said as she puts her legs on the bed. Hyewon is staring at her and listening to the older girl. Eunbi's eyes change color and she starts crawling to the younger girl, making Hyewon to fall on her back.

" Un- unnie."

Eunbi ignores the confusing Hyewon as she now traps the younger girl in her arms. She lowers herself and she starts kissing Hyewon as if it is the last time they are kissing. Hyewon doesn't know what the older girl is up to but her body responds automatically to Eunbi's magical kiss.

Eunbi doesn't stop at there. She changes her kiss to the younger girl's neck and nimble on there, making Hyewon uncomfortable with the strange ticklish sensation and lets our a moan.

" Unnie, stop."

" Let's go crazy. Hmmm? "

Eunbi doesn't listen to her and she is now playing with Hyewon T-shirt while her lips are busy on Hyewon's shoulder and upper chest. She s her own shirt with one hand and the other hand is rubbing against Hyewon's tanned abs sending electricity to the younger girl's spine. Hyewon is about to give up to the touch but her inner mind is stopping her.

" No, no unnie."

She uses some forces to push away Eunbi and she sits up. The older girl is looking at her in surprise and Hyewon shakes her head.

" No, unnie. We can't do this."

" But, Hyewon-ah, I want to give myself to you before I- "

" No, unnie. You are someone else's. I don't own you. We- We can't."

Hyewon said and she puts her hands on Eunbi.

" Let's love without being selfish for ourselves. We can't do this."

" Hyewon-ah."

Eunbi throws herself to Hyewon and the younger girl hugs her tight. Eunbi is resting her head on Hyewon's chest and she is hugging her back as she is now crying silently. Kang Hyewon is that kind of person. She is too kind and too responsible person. Eunbi thinks she fell in love with this girl wiht both respect and trust.

Hyewon on the other hand is glad that she can control her inner beast and didn't do it. If not, she will not be human anymore. She has to value her lover. Eunbi is so precious and she can't do this to her. She just wants to love her with all her heart. Not with the desires to  possess her.

The lovers hug each other and they both lost in their own thoughts. They know the end is getting near but there is one certain thing for them. Their story may get an end but their love for each other will not end till the infinity.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                   xxx                                    xxx

 

 

 

" Hey, Tzuyu-ah."

" Hi, Chaeng, how's today? "

" I'm doing fine. When they saw me, they seemed they were a bit surprised. Hehehhe. But they seemed they had good remark on me."

Tzuyu laughs along with her friend while she is listening to her story. Chaeyoung has been going to the volunteer site of the Japanese Embassy and she volunteered herself for the public services. Tzuyu helped her to get informations of Mina's parents current work and she helped Chaeyoung to get in there. And now, the girl is doing well in front of her in-laws.

" Did Mina unnie ask about me? "

" No, she didn't."

Tzuyu jokes and Chaeyoung becomes quiet from the other line. Tzuyu laughs at her silly friend and she explains.

" She was worried for you a lot. We all could see that she had been spacing out all the time and thinking about you."

" Hehehe. Really? "

" Shut up, now, dorky. Go to study or you will fail in exam. I'm doing my work too."

" Ok, ok, bye, buddy. See ya."

" Goodnight."

Tzuyu hangs up the phone and she shakes her head as she finds really cute of her bestfriend trying to change herself and making good impression in front of her lover's parents. That's really sweet. Tzuyu takes out her diary and she takes the pen to start writing something in her mind.

" Student days...

This will be the memories of the Past which can't be more than something we can only miss one day. It looks like a song to which we will never get bored of repeatative listening. I can still hear the laugh we made together or the cry we had been through together.

I fall asleep at night without being worried what will happen in tomorrow while listening to the lullaby that comes from my favourite playlist. My fear lies only in the smile of my crush. The teachers are teaching faster than the rockets. Me and my bestfriend are the worst students of the class who always choose to sit at the last row.

There are friends who have dramas in the storm. There are friends who find love in the rain. And there are friends who run in the rain and thunder and laugh like innocent kids. They all have the same passion about finding love and happiness of the teenager life. They will be like the unerasable portrait of our memories even if we try to close our eyes and ears to forget about them.

The pain of your arch heart which you get when you see your crush hanging out with someone else, only the Main Road will understand how you feel. Everything is the shadow of our student days which will be seriously missed when we think about them after years.

In our youth, we make friends, we find happiness, we want to make impress in fornt of our crush, we make silly moves to get the love of our life, we fall in love, we encounter heartbreaks, we smile, we laugh, we are just stupid teenagers who are not worried about tomorrow.

Memories are the hands of our teeneager life clock, which we can only miss when we grow up. I will always remember these colourless days of my life. If I read this passage ten years later, I will wipe away the tears and will miss everything a lot.

This is a never ending story. Time may be passed but memories will live on."

Tzuyu smiles and she takes her purse from her drawer. She searches inside and takes out a piece of paper from here. This is the movie ticket of Dear John that she and Sana watched together. She puts the glue at its back and she carefully sticks the ticket on the empty space in her diary. 

" You are my never ending story, Sana unnie."