Graduation Day

Reply 2010

Graduation day...

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Eunbi all passed the exam and today is their graduation day. It has been one month after the final exams and everyone in the gang are at the graduation ceremony to congratulate them.

Hyewon is busy with her camera and she is taking photos for the students who are asking for help to her. She is looking at the direction where Eunbi is standing with her mother and she smiles when Eunbi waves at her. Hyewon skips her way to there and she greets her girlfriend and her mother.

" Hey, unnie. Do you want a photo? "

" It's a great idea. Come honey, let's take."

Her mother said and Hyewon tells them to pose to the camera. Eunbi is smiling brightly to the camera and Hyewon smiles along wiht her girl. Her mother nods at them after that and she said.

" Eunbi-ah, my legs are killing me. I'll wait for you in the car. Take your time and have fun with your friends."

" Nae, Omma."

 Eunbi's mother walks away and Hyewon and Eunbi are left at there. They both are staring at the ground and laughing for nothing. Hyewon smiles at the older girl and she bites her lips.

" You are so beautiful today."

" Thank you, but I'm always beautiful for your information."

 Eunbi jokes and they both laugh. 

" I'll shoot you solo. Do some poses."

" It's fine."

" C'm on."

They are love arguing while their friends are coming there.

" Yah, guys. What's going on? "

Chaeyoung said and she steals the camera from Hyewon while Tzuyu is pushing the two girls together.

" I will take a photo for you together."

" Yes, let's take it."

Eunbi nods excitingly and she moves closer to Hyewon who is still standing like a statue. Chaeyoung is taking focus with the camera but she puts it down and shouts at her friend.

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, do something. You look really awful in camera."

" Hug her or something."

Tzuyu advices and Hyewon nods. She is blushing to make the skinship in front of their friends but she awkwardly puts her hand on Eunbi's shoulder. Eunbi leans her head a little closer to Hyewon and Chaeyoung smiles as she clicks the camera for a few times.

" Hmmm, that's better."

" Let me see."

Hyewon takes the camera and she shows it to Eunbi to check their photos. They both are smiling widely at the camera and both of them know that it will be a great memory for them.

" I want this one, too."

" Ok, I'll print it for you."

" Ok, we are coming to tell you that our friends are waiting for you in front of the hall to take a group photo."

" Let's go."

" Alright. Let me take my bags first."

" Ok, we will go first."

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu leave them again and Hyewon and Eunbi walk to the place where Hyewon has left her bag.

" Unnie."

" Hmm? "

" Let's have the best day together today."

Hyewon suddenly said and Eunbi's face changes immediately. No matter how she tries to forget about it, today is the day. But she changes her face again and smiles at the younger girl.

" Alright. Let's have fun together."

Hyewon puts her bag on her shoulder while her one hand is holding the camera and another one is searching for Eunbi's hand. The older girl feels happy as Hyewon dares to start the skinship in public and she smiles shyly. And they walk hand-in-hand to the place where her friends will be waiting for them.

 

 

 

xxx                                   xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

Nayeon is happy while she is linking her arm to her mother and father on her both sides. The parents are proud of her and they are taking family photos together. At that time, her mother sees someone nearby and she calls the tall girl to them.

" Jeongyeon-ah, come here. Let's get a photo together."

" Nae."

Jeongyeon skips her way to them and she stands beside Nayeon. Nayeon can't hide her joy as she immediately holds Jongyeon's hand as soon as she stands beside her. Jeongyeon smiles at her cuteness and she interlaces their fingers together. 

" Jeongyeonie."

" Appa! "

Mr.Yoo walks to them and Nayeon's parents greet him. Jeongyeon has already told him about Nayeon so he is trying his best to get along with his in-laws.

" Let's take a photo with Appa."

" Omm."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon take photo with Mr. Yoo while the Im parents are watching their daughter being happy with Jeongyeon.

" It seems we did the right decision."

" Yeah, all I want is our daughter's happiness."

The parents are smiling and whispering to each other. Then, they leave them to have fun with thier friends as the kids are already here to congratulate them. 

" Here, unnie. Congratulation."

Tzuyu even takes a rose-bouquet for Nayeon and the older girl takes it gladly. The gang take many group photos together as they all know it will not be easy to take photos like this in the future.They all are turning into adults slowly. It will be difficult for them to meet regularly.

" Basketball team time!!! Nayeon unnie, we will steal Jeongyeon unnie for a while."

Chaeyeon said and she pulls their old captain to take photos with the school basketball team. Nayeon is left there and Tzuyu approaches her slowly while the others are talking loudly under the shade about Chaeyoung's moves to take Mina's parents's hearts.

" Hey, unnie."

" Tzuyu-ah."

" You are happy now."

" Yeah, I am glad that I have my courage at the end."

" This is good for you."

Tzuyu whispers while she is looking at Sana chasing Momo for some reason. Her lips curl up automatically just by seeing her smile.

" Tzuyu-ah, I don't know much but can I give you an advice? "

" Yes, unnie. Go ahead."

" Sometimes, love needs to have some courage. You should take it if you really want it."

Nayeon smiles and she takes out the biggest rose from the bouquet and she gives it to Tzuyu.

" I wish for you, Tzuyu-ah."

And she leaves Tzuyu alone. Tzuyu is staring at the rose in her hand and she is thinking for a few minutes. And she sighs and looks at her friends' direction. She is searching for Sana but there is no sign of her. Umm? She was there not even a minute ago. Where is she? 

Tzuyu thinks and she decides to look for the girl. She starts walking to the hall and heads to the other side of the building. She sees the brunette head popping out from the wall and she smiles as she finally finds Sana.

Tzuyu smiles and she walks to there. But her steps are automatically stopped when she notices that Sana is not alone. She also sees the super white girl named Dahyun too and they are talking about something.

Tzuyu stands behind the wall and she continues watching them without letting them to find out. She can't hear them clearly as she is a little far away from them it she can clearly see them.

Dahyun is saying something to Sana and Tzuyu sees the older girl nods in a shy smile. And she has to turn around immediately when they slowly lean into each other. She unknowingly grabs the rose in her hand too tight and her fingernails are piercing into her palm but Tzuyu doesn't feel anything.

Huh? So, Sana has someone to love already? Sana has someone and it is definitely not her? Tzuyu smiles bitterly and she can't help but tears start falling down on her face. Awww, I was losing the game before it started. I was a total fool. Tzuyu is thinking herself as she continues walking away from there like a zombie.

She had done everything without knowing that Dahyun was always there. Nayeon unnie is right. Tzuyu shakes her head and she walks back to her car. She enters inside and leans on the steering wheel as she starts crying really hard. She never expects that heart breaking is that much hurt. Tzuyu feels the vibration from her phone as her friends my be looking for her but she just ignores it and continues crying.

After about 15 minutes, she can finally control herself and she starts the car engine to drive away ignoring the continuous ringing phone. Let me be selfish for a while, guys. I don't have any heart to watch them together right now. Tzuyu thinks and she drives out from the school. Only the red rose is left in the trash-bin inside the parking lot who is the only one knowing Tzuyu's tears and pains.

 

 

 

xxx                                 xxx                                   xxx

 

 

 

 

" Yay!!!!!!!!!! Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

The girls decide to have a graduation party at Jeongyeon house. This time, only for their gang. Mr.Yoo said he has work tonight so the house is left for them to have fun. The kids have bought everything and the whole house is filled with exciting beat and strong alcohol.

" Guys, don't worry and just drink."

" No!!! I want to eat too."

Momo shouts while her hands are over her head and dancing crazily as she has finished two beers already. Sana is also dancing with her brand new girlfriend and they are having fun together. 

" Hey, what are you doing? Let's go."

Tzuyu is sitting at the corner alone and Chaeyoung will not let her to do so. As no one knows about Tzuyu's secret love story, they feel a little strange about Tzuyu's sudden disappearance from morning. But the girl lied them that she has family business and her friends seem to believe her. And so, the kid is forcing her to dance with them. Mina and Chaeyoung hold her hand from left and right and the three start dancing together.

On the other side of the room, Jeongyeon is hugging the drunken Nayeon who is sitting in between her legs and they are making out without listening to the complaints from Jihyo who is sitting beside them and chatting with someone while sipping her beer. Chaeyeon and Sakura are near the stairs and they are looking for a quiet place to sit down and do lovey dovey things as Sakura doesn't like alcohol that much.

Hyewon is smiling and she is bobbing her head to the music while she is walking in the house with a beer in her hand. She is trying to looking for her lover who is nowhere to be found. She walks to Michaeng and asks about Eunbi.

" Have you guys seen Eunbi unnie? "

" She said she is going ot get some fresh air."

" Really? Thanks."

Hyewon said and she walks out from the house to see Eunbi sitting on the bench in the house yard. The moonlight is falling upon the Beauty and Hyewon even thinks that Eunbi is actually an angel. She walks to there and sits beside the older girl.

" What is my Princess doing? "

She asks and Eunbi looks at her. She tries to smile but Hyewon knows that it is a fake one. She holds on Eunbi's hand and gives a light squeeze.

" Unnie, don't be sad. We have already known about it, right? "

" I- I don't know, Hyewon-ah. We are together now. But when I leave here tonight, I am also leaving you behind for this life."

Eunbi said and she slowly leans on Hyewon's shoulder. Hyewon leans back on her head and she tries to smile. She imagines Eunbi in a white dress. She will be really beautiful. She will be the most beautiful bride on this world although the one whose arm she is holding is not Hyewon. 

" Unnie, you should give my name to your daughter. Hyewon is a pretty name."

" What? "

" Yes, I'm serious. If it is a boy, Kwangbae will work. Yeah, I love that name too."

" Yah~~~ Moya, you can say a joke at this time? "

Eunbi slightly slaps on Hyewon's thigh and they both laugh together. But they can feel the sadness in each other's voices. They don't say it out loud because it is already breaking their hearts.

" You must eat well and study well, understand? "

" Nae, I will."

" And you should promise me that you will live very well."

" I promise."

" And you have to promise me that you will find love again and find your own happiness."

Eunbi said but Hyewon doesn't answer this time. Eunbi slowly gets up her head from Hyewon's shoulder and she looks at the younger girl.

" Wae? "

" I don't think I can give you that promise. I mean I will try but I can't give any promise. Unnie, I have given all my love to you. I think I can't love anyone anymore. You are in my heart and you will always be there even if we are not together. I think I can live with this till the end."

" Hyewon-ah, don't do like this. You are making me guilty."

" Don't be. You are not making any mistake."

Eunbi stares into the familiar warm brown orbs and she finds love inside them. She will miss them a lot. Eunbi raises her hand and she slowly caresses the hair strands on Hyewon's forehead. She slides down her fingers to touch Hyewon's beautiful round eyes as the younger girl closes her eyes to feel the touch. They will miss each other for sure.

Eunbi continues memorizing Hyewon's facial features as her fingers slides on the pointed perfect nose bridge and stops on the trembling lips. She cups Hyewon's face with both of her palms and leans up to crush her own lips on Hyewon's. They don't do anything and just staying like this for a few seconds and Eunbi slowly sits back on the bench. 

" Don't cry, unnie."

" We love each other. Why we have to be apart? This is unfair."

" Life is unfair. We can't always get what we want. We have to play our own parts on this life stage. The script has already written since we are born. We must choose what we should do. Unnie, look at me."

Hyewon said and she makes Eunbi to face her. Surprisingly, Eunbi is not crying. They are sharing their last moment together and they will make it to be remembered clearly. 

" Saranghae."

" Nado Saranghae."

" Eunbi-ah."

Both of them are nearly to jump up when they hear someone is calling Eunbi from a far. They both look at the door where Choi Siwon is standing with a sweet smile on his face as he walks to them.

" It's late already. Let's go home."

" Nae, oppa."

Eunbi whispers and she stands up from the seat slowly. She walks into the house to take her bag and said bye to her friends. Hyewon is staring at Eunbi and she secretly lets out a sigh. The girl comes out again not long after and she walks back to them. 

" Hyewon-ah, I have something to give you."

Eunbi said and she hands her an envelope. Hyewon silently takes it and she checks what it is. Her eyes become blurry as soon as she see the word 'Wedding Invitation Card' on the envelope.

She never expects it. No, Hyeown, no. You can't be weak in front of her. Hyewon is scolding herself and she tries to smile.

" Congratulation., unnie, oppa."

" Thank you. We will see you at the wedding."

The man said cheerfully as he takes a handshake with her. Eunbi is also staring at her with teary eyes and Hyewon starts to avoid eye contact with her.

" Hyewon-ah, I'm going."

" Nae, goodbye."

Aww, we are saying Goodbye now. Eunbi thinks and she turns around immediately to hide her sad face from the younger girl. Hyewon is watching as the man puts his arm around Eunbi's shoulder and takes her to his car. He opens the car door for her in a gentleman manner and Hyewon smiles. Eunbi unnie will be happy. He is a good man. Yeah, she will be.

She bites her lip as the car drives away. She can't see Eunbi's face anymore but she keeps looking at the car till it disappears from her sight. She then sighs and enters the house again. She knows everyone is staring at her but she doesn't care them and sits on the couch, putting the invitation card on the table.

" Yah, Kang Hyewon. Stop pretending. You can cry."

Chaeyoung sits beside her as she hits on her arm what her fist. Hyewon shakes her head and she takes the beer on the table and she drinks it in one shift.

" Yah, Hyeown, stop."

Tzuyu tries to stop her but Hyewon suddenly pulls her arm and she hugs it as she starts sobbing softly.

" I- I- I feel happy for her. I mean he is a good man. And I- "

" We understand you. You can cry. It's ok."

Tzuyu said and she pulls her friend in a hug. Hyewon hugs her back and she cries really hard on Tzuyu's. All the friends decide to go home as they want to give space for Hyewon and there is only Tzuyu and Hyewon are left in the house. Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon are sending their girls home first and they will come back after that.

Hyewon is calm down again and she is sitting and drinking with Tzuyu.

" It is really hurt. I know this day will come and I have prepared for myself but when I was watching her walking away from me with that man, it feels like my heart has been ripped out from my chest."

" I understand that pain."

Tzuyu said and Hyewon looks at her in surprise. Tzuyu smiles and she takes another sip of her beer.

" I am heartbroken today, too."

" Oh."

Hyewon doesn't know how to comfort her friend. But Tzuyu seems she is handling with the pain too well.

" Let's drink tonight till we forget how to feel. It is ok to be heartbroken for one night."

Hyewon smiles with her too and she hits her beer with Tzuyu's.

" Alright. Let's drink till the end."

They think the taste of the heart breaking is bitter than the beer at that night as they drink and drink and drink till they pass out and wake up in the evening the next day.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

Tzuyu's POV

 

While Momo and I are talking, God Jihyo joins us and we three are having fun. Most of the topics we talk are how I became an author and made awesome plots. It really makes me embarrrassing as they are my close friends and getting praised by close friends is really embarrassing.

" Tzuyu-sshi, is it really you? OMG! You are here."

Suddenly, someone greets me by tapping on my shoulder lightly and I turn my head to find Kim Dahyun, smiling brightly to me. Her hair is dyed in blue which makes her skin paler than usual. I smile at her too as I stand up to shake hand with her.

" Long time no see."

" yeah, Sana unnie talks a lot about you."

She said and I think my smile loses its brightness all of a sudden. At that time, another woman appears as she links her arm to Dahyun. My mouth becomes an O when I see a very angelic woman with fiery orange shoulder length hair wearing a summer dress which helps her beauty to next level. 

" Jagiya, what are you doing? Omo."

Sana unnie immediatley lets go of her hand from Dahyun and covers with her palm as she is staring at me in surprise. And her face lights up immediately and she runs to me, jumps to me and hugs me tight, like always.

" Tzuyu-ah, I am missing you every day and night."

She said as she leans on my shoulder. I really miss her hugs too. The way she being clingy to me, the way she being childish all the time, I miss them too.

" Why you didn't contact me? I mean you are contacting with Chaeng all the time but you didn't do it to me. Why? "

Because you are the reason I had to leave Korea. I said in my mind but I am just laughing nervously in front of her. Aigoo, it has been ten years and I am such a blushing kid in front of her. Embarrassing.

" Unnie, don't make her uncomfortable. I'm sorry, Tzuyu-sshi."

" It's fine."

I said and Sana unnie pinches my cheek. She never changes even a bit. 

" I'm going to take some drinks for us. Wanna come? "

" Of course, jagi. What if these girls steal you if I don't follow you around? "

" Pabo, unnie."

I smile at the cute couple in front of me as Sana unnie links her arm to Dahyun again.

" I'll back, Tzuyu-ah. Please wait for a minute."

" Ok."

I watch as the couple disappear in the crowd. Ahh, it's been ten years and I am not feeling sad anymore. I am happy as I know Sana unnie is happy. I can live with this happiness for another ten years, or may be more. I sighs and takes a glass of Champagne from the waiter.

I drink the glass in one shift and the liquid flows along my throat and gives me hot sensation but I can't feel any taste. I remembered that night on which we drank till we passed out. On that day, I couldn't feel any taste of beer as my heart was filled with bitterness.

Now, it is not filled with bitterness anymore. It is filled with memories. I had made old ones and I need to make new, too. There is a love lesson that we don't need to be together with the person we love to get our happiness. We can live happily if we know they are enjoying thier lives and living well.

I am really happy for you, Sana unnie. And I think I am happy right now. Me, you, under the same sky. That's enough.