Three

Nobody Compares to You

The next morning.

You woke up to the sunlight piercing through the blinds and hitting your face. After hours and hours of bawling your eyes out, you finally fell asleep at 4 am. You had to push away the urge to pick up Jaehyun's calls, but after a while, you decided to shut your phone off because you knew that you weren't strong enough to hold it any longer.

"Ugh," you groaned as you pushed the blanket off your chest. You squinted due to the sudden brightness and brought your palm to cover your eyes. You slowly sat up and cupped your cheeks. Your body was sore, and you felt numb. Half of you weren't sure that you broke up with the love of your life yesterday. It all felt like a dream, and you wanted to wake up from it. Your gaze fell onto the phone on your nightstand. A sigh escaped your pale lips as you brought yourself to get out of bed and made your way to the bathroom. 

You blinked a couple of times as you looked at your reflection in the mirror. Slowly, you turned the faucet on and let the water flow. You looked like a hot mess. Your eyes were bloodshot and puffy from all of the cryings last night. Your cheeks were red and your lips were pale. But nothing could describe how you felt inside. You brought your palms together and let your face hit the warm water.

*

Jaehyun stared blankly at his reflection in front of him. His mind was trying to make sense of everything that happened last night. He couldn't think of any reasons as to why you'd break up with him. Did he not give you enough attention and love? He was busy these days but he had always made time for you. You were everything to him, and there was nothing that he wouldn't do for you.

"It's not over yet," he clenched his fists as he quickly fixed his tie. Jaehyun grabbed his phone and quickly rushed out of the door. He couldn't afford to lose you like this. There must be a reason, and he's willing to do anything, to fix everything just to be with you. 

*

You finally gathered up enough courage to switch your phone on. You sat on the edge of the bed as you scrolled through miscalls and texts from Jaehyun. 

"_____-ah, please, I'll be waiting outside. I-I just need to talk to you... I can't live without you."

"P-please give me a chance? I need you to talk to me _____-ah, I promise we can fix this."

You swallowed the lump in your throat as you started to feel tears streaming down your cheeks when you listened to his voicemails. You knew that you had broken his heart from his voice. 

You met Jung Jaehyun two years ago. He was a regular at the coffee shop you worked at part-timely. Everyone had their eyes on him since he was charming and always looked stunningly perfect in those expensive suits. On the other hand, you weren't really paying attention to him. You were just making his black iced coffee and serving it to him; basically doing your job. You knew that even if you were interested, you wouldn't stand a chance. Little did you know, Jaehyun had his eyes on you all those times. So, finally, on a Sunday morning, he mustered up enough courage to talk to you and ask you out on a lunch date. That was the start of your fairytale-like relationship. 

Your gaze fell upon the picture frame of you and Jaehyun on your nightstand. He took you on a 7-days trip to Jeju Island on your 1st anniversary, where both of you stayed in a luxurious villa and enjoyed nothing but each other's company. It was such a perfect week. 

A sudden knock on the door made you jump in a startle. You quickly wiped your tears away and made your way to the front door.

"Coming," You in a deep breath and adjusted your composure. You plastered on a smile and twisted the doorknob open, only to have your heart stopped the moment you saw the familiar figure. 

"O-oppa?"