One

Nobody Compares to You

It was almost 7 pm, and the sky was getting dark as the sun began to set. You sat alone on the bench facing the Han River. Your gaze fell upon your knees as you clenched both of your sweaty palms. There were so many emotions building up inside you, and you felt suffocated. The words that you've just heard made your heart sank to the pit of your stomach. You felt so powerless, and it irritated you so much. You wanted to cry but you couldn't, you shouldn't. 

"If you love him, you'd let him go. It's for the best." 

"There's no way that I'd let you be with him. I will always find ways to destroy your relationship, no matter how many times I'll have to. So, instead of wasting both of our times, why don't we do it the simpler way?"

Those sentences kept ringing in your ears, and you hated it. You hated it so much that you wanted to scream. Your boyfriend that you've been dating for almost two years was the heir of a famous automotive company in Korea. You knew right from the start that your relationship would be rocky because of your situation. You were a nobody compared to Jung Jaehyun. His name was not unknown to most people, and his face was all over the news most of the time. Because of it, your relationship has always been on the down-low. It wasn't as crazy as an idol's relationship, but it had some similarities. Even then, you were happy with what you both had. Everything was perfect, and you couldn't ask for more. 

Just when you thought everything was in place, you were forced to break up with him. You snapped out of your thoughts when you suddenly felt a vibration from inside of your jacket's pocket. You quickly slid out your phone and in a deep breath when you saw the caller ID on the screen- Jaehyun Oppa. You bit your bottom lip as you pressed the cancel button on the screen. 

*

Jaehyun frowned when he heard the beep from the call. "Hm? Maybe she's busy?" he thought to himself. He sighed as he typed in a message. 

I'll be there in 30. Can't wait to see you.

The boy pressed the send button and slid his phone back into his pocket. He then leaned back onto his seat and looked out of the car window. A sigh escaped his lips as he watched the buildings he's passing by. He glanced over to the plastic bag next to him. It was a box of spicy honey chicken, your favorite meal to eat for dinner. Your eyes light up whenever he brought you your favorite dish, and it always made Jaehyun smile. The boy had been working so much lately on the weekdays because his father wanted him to learn more. Being with you after a long, tiring day at work was always his long-awaited moment. He just couldn't wait to have you in his arms. Jaehyun had never felt this strongly towards someone before, and it was safe to say that he's madly in love with you.