Two

Nobody Compares to You

You strolled down the alley in your neighborhood with your gaze on the ground. Han river wasn't too far away from where you lived. So you thought it would be a good idea to walk and clear your mind on the way home. You decided to break up with him tonight. You knew that it wouldn't be easy to break up with Jaehyun. But the sooner you get it over with, the better it will be. Never in your life have you thought that you'd be giving up on this relationship. Jaehyun was nothing but perfect for you. Your heartbeat became faster as you approach your house. You've been getting calls and messages from him, but you decided to ignore them. You stopped on your tracks before you turn the corner. You saw a familiar figure in a black suit standing in front of the gate of your apartment. A car was also parked across the street. Jaehyun was looking down on his phone. Your fists clenched as you felt your heart sank. 

"You can do this ____-ah," you said to yourself and in a deep breath. 

*

Jaehyun frowned as he ended the call. He looked over to your window to check if you were home. He had been standing in the same spot for almost 20 minutes. A sense of uneasiness built up inside him. The fact that you weren't answering his calls and were out at this hour was unusual. Jaehyun heaved a sigh in frustration. He turned around to walk to his car when he caught a glimpse of you walking from the side.

"_____?" His face brightened up, and a wave of relief washed over him. He walked towards you quickly. "Ya, where have you been?" he asked

You looked at him and scoffed. "It's annoying."

Jaehyun frowned, taken aback at your reply. "Annoying?" he asked, looking puzzled. "What's annoying?" 

You heaved a frustrated sigh. "You. You're here again." 

 "Me?" he raised an eyebrow. Jaehyun was so confused. He's never seen you act like this before.  "Ya, cut it out ____-ah." he stepped closer to you. He was about to touch your shoulder, but you pushed his hand away. 

"Don't touch me." you replied coldly, eyes staring into him. "Don't you get it? I'm sick of you,"

Jaehyun felt a pang in his heart. That hurt. "W-what do you mean?" he could feel the tension building up in the air. His heart rate elevated, and his palms were sweaty. At this point, he'd appreciate it if you stop joking. "What's going on ____?" his tone became serious.

"It's over between us," you said sternly.

Jaehyun widened his eyes in shock. "What?" He felt his heart sank to the pit of his stomach. 

"We were never meant for each other, Jung Jaehyun." you sighed. "I hated being with you. I thought my feelings would change, but it never did. I tried."

He blinked a couple of times, trying to understand the words that came out of your mouth. This couldn't be. 

"It was never real." you looked at the boy. Your eyes were cold, and it pierced through him. 

Jaehyun snapped back and scoffed in disbelief. "____-ah, it's not funny." He reached your hand, hoping that the next thing he'd hear was your laughter. That this was all a joke. 

"I said don't touch me," you raised your voice and stepped back. 

Jaehyun ruffled his hair in frustration. The boy didn't even know what he was feeling at that time. Anger, pain, frustration, and sadness were all inside him. He couldn't think straight. Your words hit him like a ton of bricks. All he wanted to do was to spend the night with you. 

"Just leave." you walked past the boy, only to have Jaehyun grabbed you by your wrist. 

"____-ah, please? Just give me a chance. I'll make it up to you. I'll make it up to you whatever I did wrong." his grip tightened as he looked down. You can hear his voice slightly trembling. 

"Let go of me," you commanded as you tried to let go of his grip. 

"Don't do this to me." Jaehyun's gaze met yours. Tears were welling up in his eyes. 

"Jung Jaehyun, I said let go of me," you said sternly and broke free. 

You quickly ran towards your apartment gate, leaving the boy behind. Jaehyun was about to catch up on you, but it was too late for him as the gate shut almost immediately. 

"____-ah!" he called out your name. "Don't do this to me," Jaehyun ruffled his hair in frustration as he leaned against the steel gate. Tears started streaming down his cheeks. His heart was breaking into pieces, and he felt sick to his stomach. He didn't expect any of this. 

*

You closed the door behind you and fell on your knees to the cold hard floor. You started sobbing uncontrollably. The image of Jaehyun crying broke your heart into a million pieces. "You did nothing wrong Oppa," you whispered. 

You couldn't believe that you just ended your precious relationship with Jaehyun. He never hurt you. He was perfect. But you had to do it for him. .