Mwoya?

Archives of Drabbles

(cont. )

 

"Wait just a minute Sweety." her aunt stopped her, holding out a hand.

Jieun eyed her suspiciously and took it. Her aunt stepped between couples and headed towards the back of the party area. It was held outside, there was a little entrance in the hedges in which you could walk around the garden concealed within it. To the far right of the entrance, there was a not so charming man.

"Jieun, meet __________." her aunt said, gesturing to the man.

He offered a smile, then taking a tissue, he blew his nose.

"Nice to meet you. " he said with a smile.

Jieun was disgusted, how could a "civilized" gentleman just do that? In public. Right in front of her.

"Nice to meet you too." she said, with a hint of sarcasm.

He beamed, not noticing her tone. She leaned in closer to her aunt.

"But why him? He's disgusting." she whispered.

"Well, you don't want to end up like Great Aunt Janice." she said, waving her hand in the direction of an old lady, sitting in a ice blue gown, waiting for a 'suitor'. Jieun scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"May I?" he offered his hand.

She grimaced and took it, then led her in the flood of couples. Her aunt smiled, watching the two "love birds." She lifted her skirts gently and nearly skipped back to Jieun's mother, ready to tell her about it. Jieun had a straight face on while they were dancing, frankly, the music was boring and the man couldn't even make a conversation!

"What's your favorite season?" she asked.

"Whatever yours is darling." he said cheesily. While he was looking away she rolled her eyes. Jieun couldn't believe him, he could see that she was just trying to get to know each other before whatever might happen.

Then suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. A rabbit's head popped out.  Promptly, he or it hopped out of the bushes. Curiously, he had a pocket watch and a blue suit. She could barely catch what he was murmuring.

"Agh! I'm late! I'm late! I must'nt be late!" it chanted worridly, hopping off.

"Did you see that?" she suddenly exclaimed, breaking free from their slow dance. She pointed to where the rabbit was. He turned around, raising an eyebrow up.

"Are you okay?" he asked, as if she was crazy.

"No, I am not. It was just right there! It had a pocket watch. You didn't hear it?" she exclaimed, walking over to the place where the rabbit was.

He had a very confused expression on. And suddenly, different music started playing. It sounded extremely similar to the song played when people were to be wed.

"Ah perfect," he said under his breath, and walked over to her. 

"Come here."

He led her to a tiny gazebo, a crowd was gathered in front of it.

"Lee Jieun," he started, going down on one knee, "Will you marry me?" he presented her a diamond ring, in a vevlety feeling ice blue case.

Suddenly, the rabbit caught her eye. He was in front of the garden entrance. Tapping his pocket watch.

"Oh dear, oh dear! I'm late! I'm late!" he muttered, hopping off into the garden. She looked at the crowd and at him again.

"Will you excuse me for a second?" she said awkwardly. She hurridly picked up her dress and ran into the garden.

The audience had gasped loudly. And he was still on one knee. He took a deep breath, turning crimson, he got back up. He closed the box as if nothing happened. Jieun however, was running quickly, trying to keep up with the bunny. Seeing it drop into a hole casually, she walked up to it. Out of breath, she stared down into the seemingly endless bunny hole. The dirt slid under her and she fell in. There were pianos, little shelves with cds on the, empty jars. All sorts of things. Then suddenly, she fell right into the ceiling of a room. 

 

_______________________

 

:D I felt like writing. This is really based on Alice In Wonderland. Most scenes are from the original, and yeah. :3 And this is where she falls into the rabbit hole! She getting ready to enter Wonderland. ^~^ Off topic now. That new notice when you write a story.. what is that? O.O I was so shocked by it. Who posts things here? o.o I'm glad I haven't seen any. But what a surprise when writing a story.