[6] The Second Challenge

S.P.A.R.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••

 

“Remember, keep your head up, don’t listen to the messed up students talking right behind your back, and the most important, respect Miyeon. Or even Soojin. Or even me.” She said.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, ma’am. I’ll respect you and Soojin.”

Then I received a small punch on the stomach. Ouch.

“A-and even Miyeon. Yes, Miyeon-ssi. I totally forgot.” I clutched my stomach.

Yuqi gave me a slight glare. “Now quit joking around. If you want to win the challenge, better be good. Or I’ll slap you on the .”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“And please, please, please, pass the exam. I didn’t educate you for days just for nothing. I’ll never be your tutor again if you fail this time.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I said for the second time. Ugh, I really want to go now to my homeroom.

“Now, go! Let’s talk more later.” She said then gave me a nudge.

“Bye, Giraffe!” I shouted, watching her disappear from my sight.

“Bye, Wolf.” She waved.

Then I began to run into my homeroom.

“Oh look, the loud girl came back.”

“I wonder what will be her new plan this time.”

“I wish I could switch places with her! I could stare at Miyeon all day long.”

Ignoring the usual stares and whispers, I went to sit on my seat beside the It girl.

She took a glance at me, but I focused on unpacking my things.

“Good morning.” She greeted.

“Good morning, crocs.” I responded. She opened .

“How did you know about my favorite animal?” She wondered. I smirked.

“Well, maybe because I spend too much time observing your own room back when I visited your house. And since your house is full of crocodile slippers and notebooks, I thought that you liked them very much.”

When I finished explaining, her only response was looking away.

She’s still so weird.

Expectedly, our homeroom teacher went in and everyone went back in their own places. He was holding a black see-through bag on his hands, with numerous white cards revealing inside. He forcefully slammed the bag on his table to make sure everyone in the class look terrified.

This is it.

My palms are sweating.

My heart is beating.

And my whole body is chilling in nervousness.

“Okay class, without further ado, let’s get to the revealing of your total exam scores from the past two days.” The teacher huskily began. “For those who passed the exam, congratulations, you made it. But for those who didn’t, you must take a free make-up test tomorrow here in the homeroom, whether you like it or not.”

I took a glance at my left, seeing the It girl casually resting her head on her palm, probably bored because she knows she’s gonna have the undoubted perfect score as always.

Shaking my head, I continued to focus on the teacher’s direction.

I NEED TO PASS OR ELSE I’LL BE SCREWED.

“As expected, Miss Cho Miyeon, got the highest and perfect score. Congratulations.”

She stood up and went to claim her score card. As always, all students laid their eyes on her, as if she’s the most perfect person they’ve ever seen. I snorted in response. Then she gently went back to her seat.

“Can I see?” I curiously asked. She shook her head and hid her card. I furiously smacked my tongue.

“Don’t. Mine is boring. It’s all in perfect scores. It’ll be much interesting to see yours, though.” She said in a mischievous tone.

“Psh. Don’t even think about it. It’ll be overall a trash score anyways.” I said irritatingly.

“Huh. Okay.” She said, placing a palm on her chin, looking again on the teacher.

“Next up, Mr. Jung. Congratulations.”

Jinhyeong’s face beamed up till he received his card. I smirked.

“For failing the test. Meet me here tomorrow after-class.” The teacher said.

The way he said it made the students chuckle even more.

Looking at Miyeon, she’s the only one not amused at all.

“Hey! Why are you staring so cold like that?” I asked. She looked so terribly creepy.

Or rather… annoyed.

“Nothing. Just… don’t mind me.” She then gave me the cold shoulder.

What’s unsettling her anyways?

After everyone got called, you guess who’s next.

“Okay, next up… Miss Yeh.”

Everyone in the room went quiet.

Oh .

“It’s my turn.” I whispered. Miyeon then gave me a reassuring smile. Why is she so quick at changing expressions?

“Go get them.” She patted me on the back.

Nervous, I quickly went up to get my card, the teacher looked at me puzzled.

Just give me the damn card and don’t look at me.

“Congratulations, you passed.” He gently said.

Hearing those words, I felt a wave of satisfaction in my whole body.

Everyone went agape, and I took a quick glance on my card.

 

 

Second Examination Results: Yeh Shuhua — Class E

Korean: 65/100

English: 64/100

Math: 55/100

Science: 59/100

Social Studies: 58/100

Music, Arts, and PE: 60/100

Home Economics: 53/100

 

“It’s all in average.” I mumbled then went back to my seat.

“Miss Yeh got all average scores this week compared to the last exams. Everyone should learn from Miss Yeh. She had definitely improved by this week’s exams.” The teacher added.

“Can I see?” The It girl politely asked, looking proud. I smiled and showed her the card.

“That is impossible! How did she passed the damn test?! It’s so hard!”

“Maybe it’s because she’s seatmates with Miyeon. I want to sit beside her so bad! She doesn’t deserve sitting beside that girl.”

“I think she used Miyeon to make her pass the exam. She’s cheating.”

“That girl gets on my nerves. She thinks she’s in the same level of intelligence like Miyeon. I hope she rots to ash.”

Hearing those hate comments, I can imagine pinching their lips and kicking their private parts till they throw up.

“Don’t mind them.” Miyeon whispered. “They’re just jealous idiots.”

Remembering what Yuqi said, I should just ignore them and let them think what they want to think. I don’t even own their lives like that.

“I know.” I replied.

The teacher began the lesson, and everyone went to pick out their textbooks.

Then I turned to Miyeon again.

“So does this mean that I've won the challenge?” I murmured.

“Yep. Pretty much it.” She said. But then her smile disappeared.

“What?” I asked.

“You can get Soojin now. She’s all yours.”

“Are you sure about that? It seems like you still like her. Are you going to be alright?”

“Yes. I’m sure. Now stop bothering me!” She slightly thundered. Few students worriedly looked at us.

“Miyeon? W-what are you doing?” I whispered. She looks so angry right now.

. This is all my fault.

She stood up, and spoke to the teacher.

“Sir, m-may I go to the bathroom, please?”

The teacher turned around from writing on the board. “Yes, you may, Miss Cho.”

Then she dashed to reach for the door.

Okay, calm down, Shuhua. This isn’t the end. Miyeon already told you that you’ll take Soojin away from her. And it’s harmless anyways.

There’s one thing though, I felt like someone is watching me.

I turned around from my seat, to see Jinhyeong staring at me with those raging eyes.

I quickly looked to the front. He’s so creepy. He’s much creepier than Miyeon herself.

I felt like they’re somehow connected though. Anyways, I need to escape quickly when it’s break time.

Yuqi, please save me!

 

 

It’s break time, and I need to get the out of here.

Bringing my wallet with me, two male people I don’t know existed blocked my way out of the door.

“Where’re you going, little ?” The person on the left said. He’s ing shirtless, but looked so tall and buff in his structure, unlike the other one.

However, they’re both ugly. If they’re seducing me, they’re doing a BIG mistake.

“Anyways, why the hell are you half-? We’re on school.” I snapped.

Both of them laughed hoarsely.

“HAHAHAHA! Yeah, seriously man. Why are you flexing your whole- abs when this girl right here have no damn about it.” The other one said.

“I don’t know. I feel like showing it because, you know. She’s kinda hot.” He whispered and they both laughed again.

Okay, but that sounds so DISGUSTING, I cannot. I didn’t even notice that people like him is inside this school.

“Okay, but whatever you two are planning to do with me, I’m not in. I need to see my friend, and she’s damn waiting for me to get her. Now, can you please excuse me-“

“YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, YOU DAMN !”

Then he ing slapped me on the face.

And of course, his slap is more painful than what Miyeon did to me several days ago.

ing .

“W-what did you just do?” I said, touching my cheek. The two men are laughing again. They’re so annoying. “Please. Just let me go. I don’t wanna start a fight just because of this.”

“Fine. That wallet you’re holding? Give it to us. We’re so damn hungry.”

“Oh, hell no! This is my only money. My OWN damn money. And I’m hungry too. There’s no way I would give this to you. Freaking creeps.”

The shirtless guy went to me. “Okay then, little sissy. We will let you go, but first. Let me tell you this. Don’t ever bother the It girl again.”

Okay, but what?

“O-okay but I’m sorry, could you repeat that again?” I said sarcastically.

Then I received ANOTHER ING SLAP. IT HURTS.

“D-damn it.” I bet that my face looks so red now. And it’s really embarrassing I bet.

“I repeat. Don’t ever ing bother Cho Miyeon. She’s sick of you, you know that?”

“Duh. As if I care for that woman. And besides, I just won over her in our challenges. I won’t bother her ever again.” I said. I hope they can let me go now.

“You sounded determined. I like that. But no, if you’re thinking that we can let go of you, you’re damn mistaken, sissy.” The other guy said, starting to grab my right arm.

“H-hey! Let go of me!” I shouted. Students went over to look at us, but some just ignored.

“Help me! You s!” I shouted. They're freaking useless.

“Awww. Who will help you now, sissy? There’s no one here willing to help you. Not even Miyeon.” The tall guy mocked.

“I have a name, okay? And my name’s Shuhua. Don’t call me sissy. You bastard.”

“Okay then, Shuhua. We’re gonna take you to Wonderland now.” He chuckled.

What the hell does he mean by Wonderland?

“Help me! You damn cowards!” I shouted again. Do this people think this is some kind of a joke?

Out of nowhere, I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey! What the hell is going on there?” I turned around to see a certain feminine face.

“Soyeon! Help me!” I called her and we locked eyes.

Finally.

“Hey! Let go of her right now!” She warned and furiously marched to our direction.

The two men let go of me. Now I can breathe properly. Thank God.

The tall guy whistled. “Woah! Who’s this hot chick? Is she a friend of yours, Shuhua?”

Soyeon glared at him intently. “Yes. I’m her friend. Now take this, !”

She hardly kicked him on his balls and he fell down. What a . The other guy went surprised and went down for him. I snorted.

“How dare you do that to him! He’s my friend!” He cried, patting the poor guy on his .

“A trash friend yeah.” She mockingly answered. “Anyways, what are you two planning to do to Shuhua?”

“J-Jinhyeong oppa ordered us to target her. H-he’s been angry at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter