Smell of Success

Wolves of the Flower Country
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
           As the moonlight travels through the thick foliages in the woods, two figures were exchanging powerful blows in the middle of the night, both struggling for breath. The only sound that can be heard was the dried leaves cracking under their feet and the hoot of the owls that watches them nearby. Their training robes were drenched with their own sweat, caused by their long training that is still occuring for almost five hours.       Euna raised both of her arms in the air, wanting to surrender, after thinking about the soft bed that is waiting for her in her house. The feeling of tiredness crept slowly inside her mind, urging her to close her owlish eyes.       Her tall trainer, named Zitao, who is also her guard, stopped himself from attacking once he saw Euna struggling to keep her eyes open. He was practicing her in hand-to-hand combat, which was her idea, but it looks like he can't continue this when his student was sleeping.       "Are you tired already? I thought you wanted to learn  how to punch and kick? Come on we're just getting started," the trainer teased, his thin lips tugging up into a grin.       The girl forced her eyes to open to glare at him and screamed,"But you're a terrible teacher!"       Tao's serious face was replaced by a boisterous laughter because of his student's comeback. He was about to taunt Euna a little bit more with another witty remark, but she was already in a deep slumber, snoring louder than the wolf howling from afar. He walked languidly towards his student who was now, leaning under a huge tree with a drool on the side of her lips. As much as he wanted to let the girl rest, the idea of sleeping in the middle of the woods at night is a terrible and very ungentlemanly for his liking. With a flick of his finger on the forehead, the girl bid goodbye to her dreamland.       " That hurts! Why did you do that?" Euna yelled, her right hand on her reddened forehead.       " Do you want me to leave you here with the wolves? Unless, you like me to lift you all the way to your house,your Highness?" Tao said with his eyebrows wriggling like worms.       " Hell no! And don't call me that." 
     After traveling for several minutes and almost falling on the ground for numerous times because Euna kept on sleeping on the way, they finally reached the small hanok, the place that the sleepy girl considered as her house. That's how she called it because she couldn't regard it as her home. Although this place was calming and peaceful, she couldn't stop herself from comparing it to the home that she once had, where she wouldn't feel lonely and sad. Before opening the door, Euna turned around to face her trainer, also her guard when he's not in the mood to teach her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter