An odd girl.

Aura
She was sitting on a bench, playing 'subway surfers' when she noticed the girl appearig  from the station ground.
 
Lisa actually couldn't have stop thinking about her sleep paralysis, last night.
 
She had saw her hanging on the air, her hair flickering on her face and her eyes are blankly staring down at Lisa.
 
But whe she appeared, Lisa felt like she didn't even see her last night, Jennie was just a normal girl, not a ghost of last night.
 
''Hi!''
 
''Jennie mumbled someting for an answer, Lisa couldn't be sure that she was talking to her or to herself.
 
''I'm sorry, what?''
 
''This is a really weird day, everyting went wrong,''
 
''Really? What happened?''
 
''Well, i missed the first train, then, also...''
 
Jennie was not maknig an eye contact, at all,
 
By the time she was with her, it was like Jennie was talking to someone else almost like Lisa was a voice in the girl's head, Lisa would think in the future, but now, she had just thought Jennie was just a shy girl.
 
An odd girl.
 
They had grabbed a cup of tea , talked about this and that, Lisa found hard to hear what the girl was saying, but she was trying not to ask her to repeat, because of not to make it awkward.
 
''So, yeah, dorms are fine i guess, unless you came across people that you don't click, also,don't forget, there is bugs. ''
 
Jennie smirked. Keeping an eye on her cup of tea,
 
''Well, our dorms are like, kinda in the woods. Therefore you can see all size of bugs catterpillars, spiders, lizards, even.''
 
''Sounds like the place I lived, before I moved in the city.''
 
''Where did you live? ''
 
''When I was twelve, I was also going to a school in suburbs. Well, It was more of a commune that also had a school.''
 
''Were you with your family? ''
 
Jennie nodded. ''Yes. I've lost them, after then my father's friend, who is also my teacher, took care of me.''
 
''Oh, I'm sorry. ''
 
''I was little, so I didn't know what was going on , but my teacher says...''
 
Jennie stopped, gave up on what she was going to say.
 
''I became distant.'' She added a smirk, Lisa wondered if that was the most she could do, cut a word and add a smirk , not even smile, after her trauma, Lisa assumed.
 
Lisa would want to see Jennie smile.
 
The design of the cloth she made for her, on the other hand, was a piece of confident work. Lisa was not an expert illustrator or a stylist but it wasn't neccessary to see the profession on the girl's lines, unlike her speech.
 
''This is beautiful.'' Lisa mumbled.
 
''You can keep it,''
 
''Really?''
 
 
''I have a lot of design drawings, if you liked, you can keep it.
 
''Thanks.'' an unintended smile appeared on Lisa's face.
 
''The buss is here. ''
 
 
Jennie left six stops earlier than Lisa. They said goodbye, she saw the girl go trough the windows, Jennie didn't turn her back to wave her.
 
It was an odd quirk of Lisa's, she would always throw a last wave to people. She didn't know where she chaught it from, but she had her rule to be the last one to wave back.
 
She tought about little Jennie and the life of her in the suburbs. With bugs and spiders, just when, a thing chaught er eye, above the head of people on the bus.
 
A cocoon.
 
Lisa squeezed her eyes to see it clearly , it was a small ball of, yarn... How could anyone haven't seen and cleaned it, she wondered. Other than that, how did a butterfly came to the subway station,then got into the train, and got the time to wrap itself...
 
Odd.
 
''What are you doing, Lisa? Wandering all around, right before the exam week?'' Chaeyoung asked her, when she got back at the dorm.
 
''You talked about three of us tucking in and go on a movie marathon,before the exams, also. All lazy and everything.'' Jisoo,
 
''You seem to forget your promises so easy, '' said Chaeyoung, teasingly,
 
''You guys are right , it was actually not a planned thing, ''
 
She told about Jennie to them.
 
''Bold of you to go on a date with someone you see for the first time,'' Jisoo said.
 
''What? Really? everyone meets new people from Thunder and whatever, nowadays,''
 
''Still, i would say thats kind of dangerous.''Chaeyoung said.
 
Okay, well, you are not my mom, Chaeyoung, and Jisoo, jeez always acting like a mom,''
 
''And you always act like an instinctive 10 year-old.''
 
''What?''
 
''Guys, come on,'' Chaeyoung interrupted, ''and pick a movie.'' I'm thinking Julia Roberts...''
 
They argued between Jim Carrey and Julia Roberts, all tucked in Jisoo's bed,until Lisa and Chaeyoung fell asleep so Jisoo wriggled herself out of the two to turn off the movie and the lights.
 
And so, Lisa's memories of that Jennie girl became a distant memory, altough these were one of the few memories of Jennie that will remain in her mind, Lisa didn't know.
 
Just like she didn't know that the cocoon she saw on the bus was now hanging down at the corner of the ceiling, in their room.
 
 
 

Lisa and Jisoo was laying on Jisoo's bed after a Thursday that was filled with finals. Chaeyoung was gone for her part time job as a guitarist, at a pub, one of the many surrounding the school.

 

They were actually going to go watch her perform,but Jisoo had chaught a cold and Lisa refused to leave her, altough Jisoo insisted her to go.

 

''Nope, I'm not leaving. You can't get rid of me that easy.'' she had said to Jisoo.

 

''Oh my god, fine. Don't cry when you got sick too. Have you seen me ?My nose is going to fall off.''

 

But instead of Listening to her, Lisa had snuggled her in her bed,eventough Jisoo tried everything to shoo her away.

They had talked about this and that, until eventually the topic came to Lisa's secret date.

 

''Lisa,''

 

''Yeah.''

 

''Was it like, a ''date'' date?''

 

''Huh, how?''

 

''You know, like,'' Jisoo smirked sneakily ''romantic kind of way.''

 

''What?No, we have met on Omegle,remember that? I don't even know how we ended up meeting each other .''

 

''Huh, what if she happened to like you?''

 

''Wha- don't say that! ''Lisa stuttered, ''Come on, I'm making a new friend, don't mess this up,''

 

''Okay , okay, I'm just mocking. Look at you, getting all defensive and nervous.''

 

Lisa scoffed. ''Well,'' she said, after couple seconds of silence,''I've been thinking of asking her out again, but she barely answers my messages.''

 

''Though it won't hurt trying.''

 

''I know, but...'' she let out a sigh. ''I know.'' She tought for a second, ''What the hell, I'm just going to call her,''

 

''Yes!''

 

''I'm texting her.''

 

''No- come on! ''

 

''Okay! Okay.''

 

She dialed her number. After a few beeps, Jennie picked up the call.

 

''Hi!'' said Lisa. ''How is life? ''

 

''It's regular, teacher ended class early, so, yay.''

 

''That's good news.'' Lisa answered.

 

''How about you.'' her voice sounded like she was making a statement, rather than asking a question.

 

''Ask her.'' Jisoo mumbled.

 

''Will you wait, ''Lisa mouthed at Jisoo.

 

''I had a couple of exams,'' she couldn't bear Jisoo's constant poking and got out of the bed,

 

''I was actually thinking if you would want to go to a movie, or something,'' she cleared ,

 

''I was wanting to go  to Frozen 2 actually.''

 

''Sounds good. How about next weekend?''

 

''We could go on Sunday.''

 

''Sunday it is. See you then,''

 

''Okay. Goodbye.''

 

''See, she would want to meet too!'' Jisoo said, after,

 

''I guess you are right.'' Lisa replied. She glanced at Jennie's doodle for her, laying on top of her dresser.'' The white fluffy blouse and shiny black leggings.

 

Such a simple combination but it looked gorgeous.Lisa would want to dance in these.

 

 

 

 

Lisa hadn't tell the girls that she had a sleep paralysis, not only, but also she saw that Jennie girl, posess her in her paralysis. Kind of.

 

 

Even Lisa had forgotten about that weird night, until that night after she asked Jennie out, for the second time.

 

 

 

She was at a firescape of the gym that goes up to dance studio. But the door was locked, it made sense, Lisa thought. It looked liked it  was after midnight, pitch black sky, no student around.

 

 

She realized there was no downstairs that goes down.

 

 

Lisa desperately knocked the glass door, hoping there was someone inside.

 

She felt a prickle oher shoulder. It had started to rain. The lights then flickered. Lisa twitched with surprise, when she realized that there was someone, inside.

 

She leaned against the glass to see inside, more clearly, which made her realize the shilouette at the corner of the studio, next to the yoga mattresses.

 

That shilouette was leaning agaist the wall,sleeping while standing.

 

Lisa went stiff from head to toe, when the lights flickered so she recognized that the shilouette belonged to Jennie.

She needed to wake her up,Jennie had to open the door for her,she had already gotten wet, her slick hair was sticking to her face and neck, she would catch a terrible cold if she stayed outside whole night, but other than everyting she was terrfied for her life from the situation that she was in.

 

''Jennie! Will you come over! I'm locked out! ''

 

''The girl wasn't responding. The lights went off, which didn't help.

 

Lisa scrunched her eyes. She tried to calm herself down, thinking that eventually morning would come and someone wrould notice her and come help-

 

''Here you go, sweetie. Dry up yourself with this.''

 

Just then she felt a soft fabric upon her shoulder.She turned her back to see there was a tiny old lady next to her, that had wrapped a blanked around her.

 

''Excuse me, ma'am, do you have the keys inside? Lisa asked the woman. But the lady didn't answer and went down from the dark, sketchy ladders, that Lisa could never find her way down. Just when she looked down to see where the lady went,

 

She opened her eyes, with a terible sore feeling down her thorat. She tried to gulp, but it was so painful to.

 

Jisoo was not joking when she said she was terribly sick, she thought.Here I am, in so much pain.

 

Was she afraid of that Jennie girl? What was the thing, behind these sick nights of her, surrounded by Jennie' ghost?

 

 

''What are you thinking? Please don't say that you have nothing to wear. Your closet literally bursts in clothes, compared to ours,''

 

She snapped out of her thoughts,when she heard Chaeyoung's voice.

 

''Yeah... no- i -''The words shattered with pain, when she tried to talk. It's worse than I thought,she thought. 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled. ''I'm just kidding, It's just, you seem a little... off. Is something wrong ?''

 

Lisa cleared her thorat. ''It's nothing, I just couldn't sleep last night.''

 

Lisa had always been suprised by how everytime Chaeyoung could sense that she had something riddles her mind.

 

''Did the periods start again? Okay, I'm cheking up on you, from tonight, why didn't you tell me earlier, also, what's with your voice?''

 

''Chaeng, you really don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to babysit me. The periods come no matter what.''

 

''Don't be ridiculous.You can't convince me otherwise''

 

''Chaeng, they haven't started,'' Lisa let out a sigh,''It just happened once,''

 

Just when Chaeyoung's brows rose,

 

''Just once, and almost three weeks ago! Also that itself is not the deal.Thats, well, you know,I had gone on a date, remember ?''

 

Chaeyoung nodded.

 

She told about the nights to her.

 

''I mean,'' she gulped, she was getting in pain, with just a couple words. ''It was probably her, I can't quiet

recall,obviously.''

 

''Do you think thats a good sign?''

 

''I- well, haven't tought about taking it seriously.''

 

''Yeah?Though you didn't seem like it, when I checked up on you. I'm thinking she might be a stressing person to you.''

 

''What?'' Lisa snorted hysterically,''I barely know her!''

 

''Thats why I was concerned in the first place,'' she stopped to let out a breath. ''Don't make me all worried about you, okay?'' She gave Lisa a look that was soft, but also distressed.

 

''I won't, also, you should check up on yourself, too.''

 

''What about me?''

 

''I don't know, oh! You work on a part time job,Your exams are not over yet, have you been eating well?''

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, '' Don't worry, I'm doing fine, some of us are more focused on those things than our dating life.''

she . Lisa responded with a bump o her shoulder.

 

''Take care, reckless.'' Chaeyoug added. '' Also,'' she moved closer, ''I'm gettig you a pastil, and you are not stepping out of the room, today.''

 

''What, I'm not a kid, hey! Don't go get me a pastil!''

 

Chaeyoung had already got  out of the room,gave Lisa the wind of the closing door,that slapped her face.

 

Lisa huffed behind her, got in the bed with grunts, her bones were aching.

 

Chaeyoung wasn't usually wrong about Lisa. Almost whenever she sensed something was wrong, it had appeared to be something big of a trouble in Lisa's life.

 

Like when her sleepless nights had first started, she was trying not to concern her friends with her own problems, they had already have their own problems. Jisoo was attending rehersals of theater class,until late nights, sometimes until 10 pm, and Chaeyoung had her own classes.

 

She knew both Jisoo and Chaeyoung would do anything to make her feel better, but she couldn't let them.

 

Altough Chaeyoung had got the clue of the problem of Lisa's, in a short time.

 

 

 

 

Lisa was planning to catch the 11:00 train that goes to campus. The later hours was a bit creepy to be on the train.

 

However, she had found herself in 'the town of cats', instead 

 

Jennie and she was supposed to go to Frozen 2 ', but seemed like they were going to miss the last session that was at 6.30 , Lisa tought when she checked the time and realized it was 6.17 , and she still was on subway, and there were at least twenty minutes to the movie theather.

 

Without a surpirse, they couldn't catch the film, so they decided to go to a horror movie, instead.

 

The movie was about a Mexican legendary tale, a woman named 'Lady La Llorona',who haunts souls of children.

 

It was not the scariest horror movie Lisa has seen, but there was a couple of heart jumpers for her. On the other hand, Jennie kept sniggering trough almost entire movie.

 

After the movie, they spend their time walking down the streets, sipping their leftover drinks that they got on the side of the popcorn.

 

''Want to go check out books?'' Lisa asked Jennie, when they were passing trough a small bookstore. It was 9:46, she still had more than half an hour, until the last train.

 

Jenie nodded,

 

''What have you been reading, lately? '' Lisa asked her, when they were standing in front of the 'classics' section.

 

''Aphrodite Means Death''

 

''Oh, I'm hearing that for the first time, who's the author?''

 

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed, as if she was trying to remember.

 

''Appleby.''

 

''Huh, would you reccomend it? ''

 

''Too soon, I haven't finished it yet.''

 

''I see.''

 

Jennie was a little bit more talkative, when it was about the books. She even interrupted Lisa a couple of times, when Lisa was tryig to read the backs of some books.

 

''The Town of Cats.''

 

''Sorry?'' Lisa raised her head from the book she was checking.

 

''The name of the story,'The Town of Cats' ''

 

''Oh, I know that one, It's actually pretty interesting.''

 

''Do you like cats?''

 

''Definitely, I have four cats at home!''

 

Jennie raised her brows. ''Yeah?''

 

Lisa nodded.''Lily, Luca, Lea and Louis.''

 

Jennie smirked.

 

''How about I buy you this,''

 

''You don't have to,''

 

''I want to!''

 

They got to the cashier and purchsed the book.

 

''Thank you.''

 

''Of course. ''Lisa smiled. ''I'm actually surprised that we found this here. I didn't think that it was so popular.''

 

It was 10:24. A silence appeared,

 

They had left the side streets and now they were gong by the seashore. They actually had past one, or even two subway stops, weather was actually pretty great for a walk. Altough it was kind of windy along the seaside. Unlike Jennie, Lisa hadn't brought a jacket.

 

Lisa recognized Jennie looked bit uncomfortable,something like something was riddling her mind, or or maybe just her clothing label was itching her back.

 

Lisa decided to talk about something random to break the silence,

 

''You won't believe, I saw a coocoon of a bug, on the subway, in the train, couple weeks ago.''

 

Jennie turned to her side, but her eyes were looking at  far distance,

 

''I'ts weird.''

 

''Right ? It was so odd, like how did a bug-''

 

'' 'Little people'.'' Jennie mumbed, out of nowhere.

 

''Huh?''

 

''We need to go, '' Jennie was almost making eye to eye conctact to Lisa, for the first time, also her voice was recognizinly steadier than usual, ''... as quickly as possible,'' she continiued, this time Lisa was sure that Jennie was looking into her eyes. ''Can you run, just for a short time?'' she grabbed Lisa's hand,

 

Before Lisa could respond, a brainwrecking buzz started to drill her ears, made her crawl, as if she had been punched on the stomach.

 

Jennie pulled her hand and started running, they were going across the streets, Lisa had realized when she could finally open her eyes.

 

''What's going on?'' she yelled, she could hardly hear her own voice.The siren in her head was not getting any lower, altough Lisa's head was getting numb,from the hoarse buzzing sound.

 

''I'll let you go, just a couple minutes,'' Lisa thought she heard Jennie said, trough the deafening rumble.

 

She couldn't do anything else but get dragged by Jennie at that moment, that sound was making it  impossible for her  to think, she wanted nothing else but that voice to end.

 

She couldn't quiet tell, but they had probably jogged for nearly ten minutes, when the voice in her head finally started to get lower.

 

She had a chance to look around, to see that they had gotten away from the crowdy streets that they were wandering, and now they were in a neighbourhood, and Jennie had finally slowed her stride down, persistently, this time.

 

If the voice hadn't left its place for a raucous hum, Lisa could believe that her head would have exploded.

 

Lisa was about to ask her to explain what just happened to her, but Jennie was first,

 

'' 'Little People' was making the noise, that was what happened to you. ''

 

''You heard it too?''

 

Jennie blinked for an answer.

 

''Also, what do you mean by Little People?''

 

Jennie had turned her back to look away, Lisa noticed that the girl's hair was so straight as if someone drew them one by one with a ruler.

 

''I can explain. But you have to come with me for that,'' She paused. Turned her face to Lisa. ''But you don't have to, you can go back home, we just needed to get away from there, now you can go, don't need to follow me. ''

 

Lisa checked time It was 10:44. As if she was not going to come with her, whether she missed the last train or not.