Un.

French Class
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

Just like any other typical university students, Chaeyoung comes and goes to her university plainly to learn, study, and pass. She is not the competitive type of student nor the popular one. She's low-profile and prefers to go unnoticed while diligently performing her tasks. 

Good for her that her parents did not put pressure on her in terms of achievements. They didn't even force her to change her mind when they found out that she wanted to take Fine Arts for college. In fact, they were very supportive. According to her parents, they do not want to see their child suffering from doing something that she isn't passionate with. 

''Just bring these with you.'' Seungwan, her older sister, chased her at the front door.  

''What are those?'' Chaeyoung asked without looking at the older woman, tossing the pair of sneakers on the floor and slipping each foot into each shoe. 

''Your favorite.'' Seungwan grinned as if her younger sibling was looking at her. She earned a hum from the younger one.

''Strawberry shortcake cookies.'' 

It's as if Chaeyoung was pulled back from hurrying her way out. She eagerly walked a little backwards, positioning her strapped backpack infront of Seungwan. 

''Unnie, just put them inside, please.'' Seungwan eagerly complied as she was told. She patted Chaeyoung's backpack the moment she's done keeping her baked cookies inside. 

Chaeyoung gave her older sister a quick kiss on the cheek, to which her sister gladly responds with a kiss on her cheek too. 

''See you unnie!'' 

The younger girl made her way out of their apartment and walked calmly towards the bus station. The moment she got inside the bus, Chaeyoung wore her headphones, tuning into her favorite morning playlist. 

Since Seungwan barely gets the luxury of time to make Chaeyoung her breakfast, the younger one has been used to leaving an hour before her classes to eat her breakfast at a nearby cafe on her way to her university. Chaeyoung knows how much her older sister loved cooking her breakfast and sometimes baking her, her favorite pastries. 

As much as Chaeyoung loves and admires her older sister, she couldn't help sometimes or maybe most of the time not to feel envious -- a secret that she's never told anyone. 

Seungwan is totally Chaeyoung's opposite -- she's extroverted, competitive, confident, and is really an eloquent speaker, which made her fit into law school. Although their parents never made her feel obliged to follow her sister's footsteps, Chaeyoung already obliged herself to at least be like her older sister. 


Seating unbothered on her favorite spot in the café, Chaeyoung is quietly browsing her iPad while enjoying her favorite coffee and the baked cookies from her sister. Her loner state got broken the moment her two best friends showed up. 

Somi and Yeri occupied both vacant sides of where Chaeyoung was sitting, making the latter a little surprised and squeezed in between. Chaeyoung tidied the table in order to give space for her friends' coffee cups. 

Yeri playfully batted her eyelashes before giving her friends a mischievous smile, to which the other two girls found a little weird. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter