Ep. 3

Different Girls Same Heart (DGSH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months later, I spend a lot of my spare time with EXO 선배님’s kids at SM and secretly going out with Mark and the other members as well and I don’t want to announce that I’m actually the late EXO’s foster daughter’s identical twin to anyone or the public yet since I’m not ready for any questions and I don’t think my heart can take the pressure.

But a few days later, my manager told me that I was a guest star on ‘Happy Together’ along with Suho선배, Baekhyun선배, D.O 선배, Mark, Yuju and Yerin. So, the three of us headed to KBS for the recording which was a little bit weird since they only invited Mark from his group. Something fishy is going on.

“Welcome to Happy Together.” Jae Suk선배 announced and we clapped. “Today, we’re having a few of the next generation of K-Wave idols with us today. We got EXO, NCT and GFriend.” He continued as we got up and bowed at the other hosts and viewers.

“We have a lot of great topics to talk about today.” Myeong Su 선배 added. “Let’s start with SinB from GFriend.” I nodded and waited for them to ask any question.

“How long have you guys debuted?” Myeong Su선배 asked. “4 years.” I answered while Yuju and Yerin just nodded. “So, you guys are out the dating ban, right?” He asked again and my mind suddenly went blank. “Company normally put their artists under 3 to 5 years dating ban, right?” The other hosts nodded.

“Yeah, but I’m not dating anyone for the time being.” I confessed and giggled. “And I’m not ready for a relationship yet.” I added.

“But there’s one article that went viral saying that you and Mark are dating despite being 3 years older than him.” Hyun Moo 선배 added and I gasped as well as the girls and EXO선배님 while Mark just stared at him. “You guys seem to be surprise to hear that.”

“We are since SinB never told us that she’s dating someone behind our back.” Yuju answered and the two of us nodded. “Which is not true. Mark and SinB are only friend, close friend.”

“How about the couple bracelets that the two of you have and fans spotted the two of you going out with each other a few times before?” Hyun Woo선배 continued. “My sister gave us the bracelets and she had the same one.” I replied as I showed them the bracelet, so does Mark.

“SinB 누나 and I became close friend because her sister was my friend first before I met her.” Mark finally confessed and I just nodded. “Who was EXO선배님’s foster daughter.” Leaving the hosts’ jaws dropped.

“So, your sister was your senior’s late foster daughter?” Myeong Su 선배 asked as he was surprised. “Is it true?” Jae Suk선배 turned to EXO and they nodded.

“We just found out about them being twin four months ago after Nelia’s 7th death anniversary. Her teammates, who were friends with Nelia in high school brought SinB to meet us at Busan cemetery on that day.” Explained Suho선배 to them.

“How did you find out about this?” Jae Suk선배added. “Chanyeol and I accompanied her to her yearly check-up a few months ago. Her doctor explained to us that he was surprised to see their faces were identical when he was about to do the surgery before deciding to do a blood and DNA test on them. The result turned out they were identical twin.” I nodded after Baekhyun 선배explained and they gasped again before Mark faked a cough. “And Mark was there with us too.” He added and we laughed.

“What is this about a surgery? You undergo what type of surgery?” Hyun Kyung선배asked me. I turned to Yerin and she slightly nodded. “SinB had a heart transplant a year before she joined our company and became a trainee. At first, the five of us were surprised when we first met her since she looks 100% like Nelia, but we shook it off, thinking it was a coincidence that they look the same.” Yerin explained and they nodded. “But for the past 6 years after her surgery, SinB had been having nightmare about living someone else’s life. It wasn’t a bad nightmare, she said it was a good nightmare.”

“A week before Nelia’s death anniversary, SinB finally told us about the nightmare, where she met with EXO선배님and their kids and they had been calling her, Nelia. From that day, we knew something was going on with her has a connection to Nelia.” Yuju continued and they nodded. “When we found out that they’re twin, we were happy that we had both our old and new friend together as one since her older twin which was Nelia, donated her heart to SinB 6 years ago.” Yerin added and the host’s jaws dropped.

“Does your parents know about this?” Se Ho 선배 asked while I just shook my head. “But if they’re watching this episode, then they’ll know.” I giggled a little as I nodded and smiled. “How about you leave them a video message?” Hyun Woo선배 suggested as the other nodded.

“Mum… Dad… I know you’ll be surprised to know that I know that I was adopted already since you never told me about it for 24 years or about me being a twin. But I’m thankful that you were there for me at the hospital since I was 9 until my surgery 6 years ago. Ever though I’m not your flesh and blood, but you guys are the best parents ever.” I said to one of the cameras and felt my eyes were teary before wiping away my tears.

“But I wished you could’ve told me earlier about Nelia언니and take me to see her before she die or take me to see my biological parents’ graves at Busan since EXO선배님 told me that they died in a car accident 23 years ago, if you knew about it.” I continued as I started to sob. “But I can’t blame you since you don’t know what 언니’s name was. I’m sorry if I gave you guys so much burden ever since my heart disease started to show symptoms at the age of 9. Now, I’m happy to know that you did everything you can to keep me alive and I’m also happy that I have a part of my sister with me always. I’ll be home in the weekend.”

Everyone clapped while Yuju and Yerin went to hug me as I wiped away my tears. Hyun Kyung선배patted my back to calm me down.

“SinB has been a lot of help to us and our kids since our older kids were really close to Nelia and the impact about her passing were huge on them that they cried almost everyday, looking for their big sister. Then slowly they learnt that she’s gone, but they became so timid sometime.” D.O선배said to them and they nodded. “After meeting SinB, they went back to their old self again and we were so happy for that.” They clapped for me while I just smiled as I still have tears in my eyes.

“We were like that too before.” Continued Mark. “Yeah… We heard you almost fainted at the funeral service and your members tried to calm you down.” Jae Suk 선배 added and Mark just smiled as his face turned pink. “There’s a funny story to how both Mark and SinB met.” Suho선배 said to them and laughed.

“Mark and s saw SinB buying some beverages at the supermarket and followed her everywhere before chasing after her to Source Music. Traumatized from their previous sasaeng attack, SinB ran all the way, trying to get away from them.” He continued and everyone laughed a little. “We were having a small party for the kids as SinB suggested to meet them to represent her late sister.”

“We were worried when SinB came to the room panting and went to check on it when we met with Mark and the guys.” Baekhyun 선배continued as I nodded. “You guys never met each other on any music programs or variety shows before?” Hyun Kyung 선배asked and we shook our heads.

“I mean we just walked right passed each other on Music Bank and Inkigayo. We didn’t have the chance to talk to each other.” Mark explained and the hosts ‘tch’ed before we laughed. “You didn’t have the chance, or you didn’t have the courage to talk to her?” Jae Suk선배asked Mark and we continued to laugh.

“But you didn’t notice her on the TV screen in the waiting room?” Suho 선배 asked while he just shook his head. “We did notice her, but we kept on denying that she’s alive and decided to ignore it.” Mark replied.

The show went on and took a few minutes break to get our make up fixed. As I was doing my make up, I got a text from Taeil 오빠.

: Coming over later, ok? Just wanted to spend time with you before we start preparing for the comeback. Ok?

I smiled and replied,

: Ok.: *Send! *

After the break, a few extra beanbags came out and I swear I saw John standing behind a cameraman along with Doyoung, Ten, Haechan, Lucas and Jaehyun. But when I asked Mark, he said they were at another studio.

“Welcome back. We still have Gfriend, EXO and NCT with us.” Jae Suk 선배 greeted and we nodded. “I still have a question for SinB and its also involved the NCT’s members.” He playfully glared at me while I just giggled.

“Other hanging out with Mark, fans also caught you going out with the other members like, Johnny, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Ten, Haechan and Lucas.”

“You can’t hang out with only one of the NCT members. You have to hang out with all of them.” Myeong Su선배 continued and we laughed. “What can you say? All the boys are good looking.”

“Well… We often went out as a group, like sometimes it would be me, Mark, Jaehyunnie and Doyoung오빠 going out for lunch. Sometimes, I went out with Ten and Lucas to hang out on our free time. Haechannie and I would go out for food hunt or shopping with the dreamies. The guys are fun to hang out with since they have these dorky personalities yet mature except for Doyoung오빠 and Taeil오빠, they’re mature all the time.” I giggled when the hosts continued to playfully glare at me.

“Really? Do tell more.” Hyun Woo선배 added.

“Some of the NCT members or the hyung line, really act like an older brother to me. They really took really good care of me when we hang out, especially Johnny오빠.” They nodded and Hyun Woo선배 smirked.

“Her face turns red when she said his name.” Jae Suk선배 mentioned and I quickly covered my face as I laughed. “Do you like Johnny?”

“No…” I giggled as they continued to smirk. “Johnny 오빠 is my cousin since he is my dad’s nephew. We grew up together.” The hosts stared at each other and smiled.

“To know if it’s true, let’s welcome Johnny, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Haechan, Ten and Lucas to the set.” The guys came out and introduced themselves before sitting on the extra beanbags.

“So, you guys heard about what SinB said earlier, right?” Jae Suk선배 asked and they nodded. “Is it true?” They nodded again.

“We do hang out a lot, but only during our free time.” Jaehyun answered and we nodded. “Hanging out with her, was like hanging out with her late twins, Nelia. Since both looks the same and had the same personality, so it’s like Nelia was never gone.” Doyoung continued.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter