Ep. 1

Different Girls Same Heart (DGSH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*6 years back

As the members leaved and Nelia decided to take a nap while she waits for them to come and pick her up that evening, someone decided to pay her a visit in her dream.

*In her dream*

*Nelia

I was standing on an empty field; nothing was there except for a giant tree in the middle. I slowly walked toward the tree as my eyes wander around, trying to figure out where I was. Just then, I saw a couple standing under the tree waving at me.

*Who are they? Why are they waving at me? * Feeling curious, I continued my walk toward them before running after their faces became clear.

‘Mom?! Dad?!’ I shouted as I ran and bear-hugged them as I began to sniffle. The two of them giggled and hugged me back. ‘You don’t know how it feels to finally meet you in person instead of staring at your pictures.’ I pulled away and Mum wiped away my tears while Dad just patted my head.

‘We miss you, Nelia.’ Mum said and went to hug me again. ‘Now that, you’re here. Let’s start the picnic.’ Dad said after Mum pulled away and we walked behind the tree, where everything was set up.

I sat next to Mum and we had a great time, catching up with each other. After we were done, I lay down on the blanket with my head on Mum’s lap, as I was watching the blue sky. Dad was too, but on the other side.

Everything was silent until Mum decided to break it.

‘Nelia… Remember when we asked you about being a heart donor?’ She asked and I immediately got up into a sitting position before nodding. ‘Yeah, so that when I’m old, I can donate my heart to someone in help.’ I replied and she smiled.

‘How do you feel if we were to tell you that your sister is in the same hospital as you right now?’ My eyes widen as I was surprised to know that I have a sister. ‘Your twin sister to be exactly.’ Dad continued as he got up as well.

‘I had a twin sister? How came I never knew about her?’

‘Your mother and I decided to keep her a secret as we were helping out a friend who wanted a child but can’t due to some difficulties. You were older by 3 minutes.’

‘What does being a heart donor and my twin sister all about? Is she a heart donor too?’ I asked and they shook their head. ‘Your sister developed a heart disease when she was 9 and she had been connected with multiple wires all her life. She just got transferred to your hospital 3 months ago from the state, waiting for a heart donor. She never went out and hang out with her friends, she can’t go to school, she never did have a normal life.’

‘So… you want me to donate my heart to her?’ They nodded. ‘Its going to give her a second chance to live a normal life and there will always be a connection between the two of you. What do you say? Would you like to come home with us?” I thought for awhile and nodded. ‘But can I see her?’

‘You can see her after this.’ Mum answered and smiled. Then, we packed up and I walked hand in hand with Mum while Dad leaded us to a white door in the middle of the field. He opened and the light blinded me for a while.

‘Welcome home.’ He said to me and we walked in together.

*Back to reality

All the machines started bimping uncontrollably the moment Nelia stopped breathing and a smile appeared on her face as a tear slide down her cheeks.

The doctors and nurses tried to bring her back but failed. The other came after D.O called and immediately their hearts breaks into a thousand pieces after hearing about her passing, especially Luhan. He walked right up to her bed, uncovered her face and hugged the lifeless Nelia as he breakdowns in tears.

‘I’m sorry for not taking good care of you. You only lived 5 months with me and now you already dead. What kind of a father am I to see you like this?’ He said and hugged her tighter. ‘How am I going to live my life without you now? You’re the purpose that I was able to get up every morning to carry on with my career by myself. You give me strength and confident. I always watched videos of you when you were little just to hear your voice. Why did you leave me after 3 months that I tried to make you remember who you are and who we are to you?’ The other shed into tears and tried not to break down.

‘형, Nelia wants to donate her heart to someone and we need your permission.’ Suho said to the former member before showing him the form.

Luhan laid her down gently and tucked her in before turning to Suho.

‘Nelia really love to help people and I’m making this as her last wish.’ He replied and signed the form.

‘Thank you, 琶琶.’ Nelia stood beside him as he signed the form and smiled.

As her body was being prepared for surgery, Nelia appeared next to the operation table with her mother.

‘Nelia, come here. There she is.’ She walked toward her mother as she was outside. There she saw a patient being sent to the operation room. As the patient passed by her, Nelia looked at the patient’s look and surprised that they looked alike.

‘Kim Eun Bi.’ Nelia mumbled when she saw her name on the monitor. ‘I’m here for you, baby sister. I’ll stay by you the whole operation.’ Nelia ghostly caressing her hand as she smiled.

----

The surgery went on for 8 hours and everything went well. The patient’s parents came to thank the members personally.

‘We can’t thank you enough. Our little girl can finally live out her life and grow up like other kids.’ Her mother said to Suho as she shed into tears.

‘Aren’t you guy those boy band? What was the name?’ Her dad asked. ‘We’re EXO.’ Answered Suho and he nodded.

‘I heard your daughter got admitted into the hospital a few months back. How is she doing now?’

‘She passed away a few hours ago and her heart is now your daughter’s heart.’ Immediately her mother gasped and both of the parents’ eyes widen.

‘I’m so sorry for your lost. We didn’t know.’ She said and hugged Baekhyun. ‘It’s ok, madam. We’re ok with it since it was our baby girl’s last wish.’ Baekhyun replied and pulled away.

----

*6 years later

After meeting up with her twin sister, SinB was still surprised about the sudden news but happy that they met.

‘Who knew the two of you were twins.’ Said Umji and hugged her. ‘I really have to thank you guys for bring me here. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t have met her.’ SinB replied and the girls had a group hug.

‘And thank you for signing the form.’ SinB pulled away and bowed the members. ‘I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for your permission.’

‘It’s her foster’s dad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter