Part 3

Just a fool in love

Kim Minju once believed in love. She believed in everlasting love when she watches movies. How princesses and princes seemed to have happily ever afters. How her parents are the perfect example of true love. How they seemed so in love with one another. How they always seemed to be there for each other.

Keyword seemed.

Kim Minju stopped believing in love when she came home early one day because she was dismissed early for having a bad stomach ache. Her mother had been contacted but she hadn't picked up the calls. One of her teacher had personally driven her back home.

She remembered that day vividly as if it had been engraved to the back of her head. She remembered how her mother was in the hands of another man. How they'd been on bed. Her parents' bed. She was 12 when she'd stopped believing in love. She hated sappy rom-com movie since.

Her parents had a messy divorce after that, and her life had never been the same since. Her father had full custody of her and he remarried another woman soon after. Her father passed away merely a year later due to cancer and her step mother was given all his inheritance. Love they said. She never saw a single tear from her stepmother who claimed to love her father.

Her mother took her back soon after. It was just the both of them for a while. The man she had an affair with chose to stay with his family. Love they said. Looked what happened to her mother who abandoned her family for a man who claimed to love her. Minju hated her mother to the core of her existence and she doubt she’d ever stop hating her.

At fifteen she began knowing how much her looks could get her. Boys and girls in her class fawned after her. She could as much as snap her fingers and they'd do anything for her. Pathetic. She toyed with them, believing that no one could resist her charms.

She was 18 when she met Ahn Yujin. Just like all the others, she got her wrapped around her finger. For years she toyed with her knowing that the poor girl was completely smitten with her.

"You probably shouldn't do that." Chaeyeon said, shaking her head as she watched the poor kid staring infatuatedly at her from the table across the cafeteria.

"She's cute." Minju twirled a finger around her hair while snickering.

"She's head over heels for you." Sakura said while clicking her tongue. "How long do you plan to keep her around?"

"I think I'm keeping her around." Minju shrugged as Sakura and Chaeyeon stared quizzically at her. "I want to see how long she's gonna think she's in love with me. Besides, she's pretty funny and cute."

"You're a horrible human being." Chaeyeon sighed.

"Devil in disguise." Sakura added.

She was horrible she'd admit. But she'd never lied to Yujin. She always told her straight up that she wasn't into committed relationship. She made sure the latter knows they weren't in a serious relationship. So years passed and she continued to toyed with the girl's feeling.

Sometimes she'd intentionally say things that she knew would hurt Yujin's feelings just to see how she'd react. Will she give up on her? Will she "fall out of love" on her? Regardless of what she'd done the girl always come running to her.

Whenever she would have had a ty day, one phone call and the girl was at her door. Some nights when Yujin's asleep she would stare at her sleeping face. How calm the girl was as she held her in her sleep. She'd caress her face, wondering why she hadn't given up on her yet.

In the mornings she'd made sure she was the first to wake up. She didn’t want Ahn Yujin thinking that they were in a committed relationship. She wanted to make sure she understood that they were just friends with benefits at best.

Kim Chaewon was a transfer student at her course. They were nearly in their third year and it was unusual for someone to transfer in their last year. The girl was aloof. she'd rejected all her advances as if she was nothing.

Minju felt embarrassed. It was the first time anyone had casted her aside as if she was nothing. On that party that night she'd saw Chaewon sitting by the couch alone, not the slight interested of joining the others in the dance floor,

"What are you doing here all alone'?" She approached her and say closely beside her. "Aren't you going to join the rest in the dance floor?"

"No, I'm fine here." She answered coldly without looking at her.

"Why are you so cold?" Chaewon merely spared her a stoic glance before returning her gaze towards her cup. She swirled the cup around, the ice cubes clinking. Minju huffed and rolled her eyes before standing and leaving the lone woman behind.

There's no point chasing after some lost case.

She returned to the dance floor and danced around for a while before she felt a nudge on her shoulder.

"Your puppy was looking for you." Hyewon slurred with her eyes half open. Minju had almost forgotten that she'd invited Yujin. She was going to ask Hyewon where Yujin was but the girl was already sandwiched between two girls grinding against her. Rolling her eyes, she squeezed past people, slapping a few wandering hands away before turning her head around to find the tall brunette.

Her eyes caught sight of said girl immediately but she noticed she wasn't alone. She squinted her eyes through the dark lightning in the club, trying to decipher the girl who was seated beside Yujin at the bar. They were laughing and talking. At one point the girl even placed her hand on Yujin's arm and tilted her head close to Yujin as she laughed loudly. Minju's eyes twitched and her jaw clenched. Her stomach was swirling uncomfortably and her heart was squeezing painfully.

What's this?

Minju clutched her own arms and frowned.

Why am I feeling so ty?

Minju bit her lip and peered at the couple for a few minutes before stomping outside the club. Her head was spinning and her blood seemed to be boiling. When she escaped the club she drew in a huge breath to calm her nerves.

What's going on with me? Why do I feel.... so angry seeing Yujin with someone else...

In her mind she knew why but she shoved the thought to the back of her head. She decided it was because she was mad that Yujin was ditching her for some girl. She replayed the scenario in her head. The pretty girl laughing with Yujin, her hand caressing Yujin's arm and her head tilted towards her. So what were they going to do after this? Was Yujin ever going to find her or was she going to continue talking to this girl over the bar? Were they going to hit it off? Was Yujin going to bring her back to her apartment, back to her bed where the only person other than Yujin herself who had laid on it was Minju?

Feeling unsettled, she quickly retrieved her phone from her purse and dialed Yujin's number.

"Where are you?" Minju asked as soon as the taller girl picked up.

"At the bar." Yujin replied straightforwardly. Minju narrowed her brows.

So she's still talking to that girl?

"I'm outside the club." She said curtly before hanging up. She dropped herself down on some steps and crossed her arms around her knees.

Is she going to come?

Of course she will. She will pick me, she always does.

Minju heart thumped against her chest and her stomach churned uncomfortably.

What if she found someone else?

She shook her head vigorously to get that thought out of her head.

! Why am I so concerned over this?

Who ing cares if she leaves and finds someone else? After all they all the same, and she'll leave just like everyone else.

Her thoughts were cut short when the door snapped open, revealing the person on her mind. Her heart leapt as she stood up quickly and threw herself at Yujin. She claimed her lips and wrapped her arms around the taller girl's shoulder. Yujin seemed a little surprised but she responded a few minutes later.

"What happened?" Yujin blinked in confusion when they separated to catch their breaths. Minju watched Yujin quietly for a few seconds, realizing two things.

One.

She's growing attached to this puppy.

Two.

She really wanna kiss the hell out of this girl.

"Let's go back to your apartment."

She didn't even know why she was so conflicted and concerned over this.

After all, Yujin always comes to her. Always.

 

.............

 

On her way back home she clenched her hands around the steering wheels while thinking what the heck she was feeling yesterday.

She admitted being attached to someone.

Attached to someone? That's never in her dictionary! She scoffed at the idea and massaged her brain when she'd stopped at red light.

Maybe she'd been sleeping around with that girl for too long, she reasoned. That's probably it. After all, people grow attached to anything after spending some time with it. Like how you'd get attached with a mug you have used for a while.

She was jolted out of her thoughts when someone honked at her behind. She realized the lights had turned green before quickly driving away.

 

...

 

When she arrived home she saw a pair of unfamiliar shoes at her house door. Arching her brow, she opened the door to her home and walked in. Her eyes widened in rage when she saw the person sitting at the couch. Her narrowed her brows into a scowl and gritted her teeth as she stared dagger at the unwanted guest.

"What is HE doing here?" She spat before snapping her head towards her mother, who had just come out of the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Minju... Listen." Her mother placed the glass down on the table before walking towards her. Her whole body was flushed with boiling rage when her mother placed her hand on her shoulder and gave her a shameful look.

"He and his wife are divorced now." Minju violently shrugged her mother's hand off her. She glared at her mom, daring her to say what she was going to say next. Her mother swallowed and shifted her gaze elsewhere.

"I came to start over again." The man Minju hated the most in the world said softly before walking over and placed his hand behind her mother's back. Minju was close to throwing up at that sight. "Please, for-"

Without listening to what comes out of his filthy mouth next, she pushed past them and stomped up to her room. She slammed the door behind her and grabbed whatever was nearest to her and hurled it towards the wall.

!

She hated her mother! How could she even think of doing this to her again? She was going to retched if she stayed in this home knowing that the two people she hated the most in the world was down there, doing God knowns what. The disgusting image flashed into her head again. She clutched her head and squeezed her eyes shut.

!

She quickly changed out of her, Yujin's, clothes before grabbing her purse and stormed out of her home. Her mother tried to call out to her but she ignored her. She needed to get off her head.

 

...

 

She pushed away the guy making out with her and wiped . The guy glanced at her with wide eyes but she merely apologized before grabbing her purse and leaving the club

She was not feeling it. She was in no mood for random hook ups. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair. Someone's head popped into her head. Someone with a warm smile and hug. Someone who she knew would make her feel a hundred times better. Without thinking further, she got into her car and drove to said person's apartment.

"My God! What are you doing?" Yujin was practically hyperventilating when she caught her sneaking into her room in the middle of the night.

"Sorry." Minju said sheepishly as she climbed next to her. She immediately felt calmer when she snuggled next to her, feeling the taller girl's warmth emanating. Minju knew she should stop this sooner. This broke so many rules and was wrong in so many levels. But tonight she needed Yujin's warmth. Just for tonight. She reasoned before slowly drifting off to sleep as Yujin caressed her head lightly.


...

 

"What's up with you?" Sakura questioned with an eyebrow raised after she witnessed Kim Minju smiling down at her phone like some love struck teenager. Chaeyeon quickly snatched her phone and Minju protested loudly trying to get her phone back as the dance major skimmed it.

When she'd snatched her phone back it'd been too late.

"Ahn Yujin?" Chaeyeon shot her an sleazy glance. Sakura perched up in interest.

"Since when do you chat so much with your booty call?" Sakura asked while smirking. She watched in amusement as a blush broke out from Minju's face.

"I-I don-"

"Don't even try to deny it." Chaeyeon shook her index finger while shooting her this stupid look. "You've been on your phone so much recently."

"Plus, I saw you at the cinema the other day with your puppy." Hyewon chimed in out of nowhere as she placed her tray down at the table and plopped down next to Minju.

"Really?" Sakura widened her eyes.

"Uhuh." Hyewon said nonchalantly before digging into her food.

"Wow Minju-ah, our baby girl, I never thought we'd see a day where you'd actually fall in love." Sakura cooed and clasped her hands together dramatically.

"What?" Minju snapped. "I'm not in love with anybody." She narrowed her eyebrows and scowled at her friends who was looking at her with doubt. "Screw you guys." She grabbed her tray and stood up abruptly. She'd lost all her appetite.

Love?

Minju scoffed.

Yeah right.

She was just trying to distract herself from her mother and that geezer. Conveniently Yujin had been there, as always. It was just a distraction, nothing else.

Minju told herself before storming to somewhere else to cool herself. She had ventured into a somewhat secluded place in the campus that she was sure that no one would be there. Imagine her surprise when she opened the door to the empty class to see no other than Kim Chaewon, sitting on one of the seats with her knees to her chest.

The girl had been crying. Minju noticed the puffiness in her eyes before the girl quickly hid them with her hands.

Minju cleared before approaching the girl slowly. She didn't know Kim Chaewon could make a face like that. She didn't know Kim Chaewon could make a face other than the usual stoic face she had imprinted on her every day.

"Are you alright?" She asked software as the girl wiped her face furiously with the hem of her shirt.

"Leave me alone." She heard her meek voice. Minju stubbornly sat beside Kim Chaewon and waited until the girl had composed herself. "What do you want?" Chaewon finally lifted her head to glare at her.

"Nothing.' Minju shrugged her shoulders.

They were silent for a few minutes before Minju spoke.

"Ugh, you can tell me you know?" When Chaewon shot her a look she continued. "It's better to let it all out. I won't judge, I promise." Minju said reassuringly while giving the other girl a small smile. She might be a in romantic relationships but she was always a nice and caring friend when someone needed it.

Chaewon remained silent for a pretty long time and Minju was just about to give up and leave the girl alone when the usually stoic girl finally spoke.

"My ex-best friend is getting married." Chaewon said, her voice quavered. "I was, am still, in love with her." Minju nodded her head slowly as Chaewon continued. "I confessed to her a few months ago, she looked at me as if I was a rotten rat. She proceeded to act as if I did not exist, even though we were in the same course and had almost all classes together." Minju bit her lip and nodded quietly. "So I transferred. This morning I saw an Instagram post from one of our previous course mate, since she had blocked me." She chuckled bitterly. "So it turns out her boyfriend proposed to her. Very romantic. Very inspiring. I'm moved." She said sarcastically before wiping the tears off her eyes again.

"Damn." Minju breathed out heavily trying to take all of that in. That was some heavy right there. "Nothing good ever comes out of love." Minju said with a sigh. Chaewon turned to look at her quizzically. "What?"

"Funny hearing that from someone like you."

"What does that mean?" Minju blinked.

"Your reputation is not unknown to me." Chaewon said while shaking her head. "For someone who sleeps around and is known to break everyone's heart, what do you know about love?"

Minju narrowed her eyes and actually felt herself being offended.

"Excuse me." She crossed her arms. "The reason why I don't engage emotionally with anyone is because I do not believe, care or want love." Chaewon arched an eyebrow. "Love is just a social construct that dumb humans created to hurt themselves. You give your trust and your whole being to someone and what happens? They crush it and you end up hurt. It’s so ing dumb to love someone."

"Not every love ends badly you know." Chaewon argued but Minju shook her head.

"Everyone's bound to be hurt by someone they claimed to love at one point at their life. Couples who married for life just learned how to tolerate it better."

"Isn't that the point of love?" Chaewon tilted her head to a side. "You tolerate your partner's imperfections."

"Even if you're with someone you claimed to love, there is no guarantee that won’t happen one day." Minju said in exasperation.

"That's the beauty of love." Chaewon said while staring off to space. "You never truly know if that person is going to end up hurting you. You just got to wing it."

"Why take the risk?" Minju argued. "That would save you a heartbreak and lifelong heartache."

"Because without risks there is no reward. Life would be bleak if you don't take risks you know. Love is something so beautiful and incredibly complex that I'm willing to take every risks necessary to find someone to share my life with. Because even if I'm crying over a massive heartbreak here, just the thought of meeting someone I would spend the rest of my life with, who would be there for me at every step of the way, who I would have children and grandchildren with, makes me think that every risk I take right now is for the reward of meeting my one true love."

Minju was speechless after that. Who knew the silent and moody Kim Chaewon was this love-crazed? Kim Minju sure didn't.

 

....

 

The talk with Chaewon really bothered her. Was love really worth taking risk of? Was she ready to take the risk? After witnessing what love did to her parents?

She sighed dejectedly.

"Are you okay?" Yujin asked worriedly. They were seated on the couch with Minju snuggled up at the taller brunette's side.

"Yeah." She muttered before yawning tiredly. She'd been spending lots of nights at Yujin for the past month. Every time her mother brought that man home, she'd stay over at Yujin's. Her mother had tried to talk to her but she always managed to shut her out. She was uninterested in knowing her mother's love life or what she'd planned to do. Minju was looking for an apartment anyway. Soon, when she'd found one reasonably priced and near to her campus, she would move out and never bother about her mother ever again. "Let's go to bed. I'm tired." She said before stretching her limbs. She yelped when Yujin picked her up princess style. She giggled and trashed around as Yujin swung her around before carrying her to her room. "What are you doing?" She said while clutching on Yujin's shirt.

"Carrying you to bed." Yujin said while wriggling her eyebrow.

"You're so silly." She said before Yujin dropped her onto her bed and climbed next to her. Her body gravitated towards her and she found herself snuggling against Yujin once again, listening to the latter's heartbeat. It began beating rapidly when she trailed her finger around her chest.

"Minju..." Yujin said softly.

"Hmmm?" Minju hummed while drawing circles. She heard Yujin's heard beating rather rapidly right now.

"Do you… Would you... Are you free this Saturday?" Yujin finally blurted, face flushing as if she'd just ran a mile.

"Yeah." Minju said while giggling at Yujin's rosy cheeks. "why?"

"Erm.. Would you like to have dinner with me?" She said while staring at somewhere else.

"Sure." Minju agreed nonchalantly.

"G-Great. How about Le Food? At 6 pm." Minju halted her finger against Yujin's chest.

Le Food is one of the upscale dining in their area. Surely Yujin wouldn't bring her there just for a mere dinner right? Feeling her heart beat rapidly against her chest, she swallowed the lump inside before agreeing with Yujin.

 

.....

 

"She's totally gonna confess." Sakura said blatantly.

"I didn’t peg her for the candlelight dinner confession kind of gal." Chaeyeon chuckled.

"So what's your answer gonna be?" Hyewon asked curiously. Now all three of them are looking at Minju intently.

"I-" Minju clenched her jaw. "I don't do relationship."

"Oh come on!" Chaeyeon leaned back against her chair and sighed loudly. The librarian shushed her harshly. "Sorry. " She mouthed back in embarrassment before covering her eyes with her hand.

"Minju, I'm going to say this as your best friend." Sakura grasped Minju's hand and looked straight into her eyes. "You're going to lose her if you don't stop this bull. I'm not even kidding."

"Nah." Hyewon shook her head. "The puppy is loyal. Hasn't she been here since before I met you guys?"

"She's human not a puppy." Chaeyeon interjected after getting over her embarrassment. "Once she meets someone nice, she might move on." Minju squeezed her eyes and rubbed her temples.

"Then she shall." Minju said stubbornly.

"Don't cry like a when she does though." Hyewon said while shaking her head.

"Shush." Sakura pointed a warning finger at Hyewon. "Minju, I know you're afraid." She squeezed Minju's hand. "But I trust Yujin won't break your heart. She loves you with all her heart, you know that."

"I-" Minju's voice got stuck in .

"Think seriously before giving her an answer." Sakura advised while looking at her intently. "If you accept her, you need to trust her with your whole heart and soul. If you don't, you need to let her go. She deserves to find someone who would actually love her back."

 

....

 

It was D-day. Minju stared at her reflection for a minute. She still doesn’t know what she wants. Is she ready to give her heart to someone else? Her stomach churned as she thought of the possibility of her being hurt and thrown away.

She splashed her face with water.

What if she comes home one day and finds Yujin and someone else on her bed?

Would she be able to take it?

Minju gripped the side of the sink.

Is it worth the risk?

Her phone buzzed and she reached out to look at the message from one of her course mate. They were having a party at her home and she was asking if she was gonna come today. She originally planned to decline the invitation but she figured that she needed to cool herself before going to meet Yujin. So she changed out of her sleeping clothes and drove herself to Nako's house.

She sat alone at one of the bench outside sipping at a beer bottle. It was closing 5 and she still had no idea what she was going to do when she actually meets Yujin later.

Someone sat beside her on the bench.

"What are you doing out here alone?" Chaewon asked without looking at her.

"Could ask you the same question. Why are you here? I didn't pet you for the type that goes to party."

"Needed to get my head out of something." Chaewon said before taking a swig out of her bottle. The sat quietly for some time before Minju spoke up.

"Do you ever regret confessing your love to her?" She asked. Chaewon took some time to answer.

"No." Minju raised an eyebrow. "In the end, I knew she was going to reject me. But I needed to release my emotion, or spend the rest of my life regretting about not confessing. Maybe, in the back of my head, I always thought I had a chance." Minju listened quietly as she continued. "Hope is a scary thing. If I hadn't confessed I would still be hoping until who knows when. At least it gave me the closure I needed to move on."

Minju bit her lip and stared up at the sky. The sky is darkening, she should probably go now or she'd be late. But she was still unsure. Maybe she should tell Yujin to give her some time? Then what? Continue giving her hope? Is Minju ever going to love Yujin the way she loves her?

Should she reject her? Minju heart squeezed at the thought of letting Yujin go. Right. She'd grown attached to her. It was hard to let go of something you'd grown attached to. It was selfish, she knows, but she couldn't help it.

She needed more time. She should think. She emptied the bottle before going back to the house to get another. Maybe alcohol can drown away her worries.

She didn't know how many bottles she'd had, but by the time she was done with the last one, she was drunk as a skunk.

. What time is it?

She glanced at the time on her phone.

its 8pm. I'm late. I should probably go-

Minju stopped on her tracks.

Maybe I shouldn't go. Maybe I should make up some reasons. Then I don't have to deal with Ahn Yujin and her stupid confession.

Minju reason drunkenly.

That's right. I'll just tell her something came up.

She'd understand. She'd forgive me. She always does.

Minju smiled to herself at her new plan. She was staggering to her car when someone grabbed her arm.

"Are you crazy?" Chaewon appeared at her side and held her when she almost fell face first. "You're drunk. You can't be driving."

"I'm not drunk!" Minju slurred and shook her head violently, but she ended up throwing up. Chaewon grimaced and held her hair up as she emptied her stomach at the side of the road.

"Goodness. I'll drive you home." She snatched Minju's car keys before she could protest and shove her into the passenger seats. When they'd arrived at Minju's home, Chaewon helped her get into her house safely. Nobody was home at the moment. Her mother was probably still working her shift.

" I feel like !" Minju couldn't recall how much time she'd gotten this drunk. Clearly this wasn't a good idea. Chaewon helped Minju sit at her dining table before hurrying off to get a cup of water for her. "Damn it!" Minju finally let emotions get the better of her and let out tears.

"Hey, you alright?" Chaewon patted Minju's back as she bawled.

"I don't know what to do." Minju said through hiccups. "There's this girl. She's been here for me for years. She's always there for me whenever I needed her. Always at my doorsteps whenever I called. I was testing her, playing her to see when she'll get tired of me. But she never did. No matter how much I hurt her, she was always there for me. " Minju squeezed her eyes and saw Yujin's cheerful smile and dimples and those bright eyes staring back at her. "I'm scared of giving her my heart. But I'm even scared of letting her go. Tell me Chaewon-ah, what should I do?" Chaewon caressed Minju's head to calm the girl down before bending down a bit to meet her eye to eye.

"It's alright to be scared. Everyone is scared of getting hurt." She said reassuringly while patting her head. "Just trust what you heart tells you." She said while pointing to her heart. "Even if the relationship did not work out in the end, don't think of it as a bad memory. Every heartbreak is a memory you'll learn to cherish. However, if you let her go without trying, you will regret it for the rest of your life." Minju bit her lip as tears once again well up in her eyes.

"Chaewon-ah.' She said with her shaky breath before hugging the latter who'd been a great person helping her through this, even though they were barely acquaintances.

"What was that?" Chaewon’s head perked up and she snapped her head towards the door.

"What?" Minju asked, clearly confused.

"I thought I heard something at the door." Chaewon scratched her head before shrugging it off. "You should probably get some rest now."

"Yeah." Minju nodded before hugging Chaewon again. "Thank you."

"Yeah yeah you're crushing me." Chaewon chuckled and patted Minju's back.

 

.....

 

The first thing Minju did when she woke up was to text Yujin immediately to apologize.

I hope she's not too mad at me.

Minju sighed.

Seems like she is really really mad at me.

Yujin didn't reply to her message since yesterday. She'd usually reply after few minutes or one hour tops. She typed another few messages and sent her. Since her mother had a night shift today, maybe she'd invite Yujin over. Not that her mother would've cared who she invited over. The past years she'd successfully ignored Minju's various partners that she brought home.

Minju almost dropped her phone when she received a call from Yujin. Bracing herself, she swiped to answer the call.

"Hey." Minju said.

"Hi." Yujin sounded rather cold. Minju's stomach clenched at her tone.

"I'm really sorry about that night. Something came up so-" Minju tried to explain but was cut short by the latter.

"What?" Yujin's voice cut through the air like knife.

"Pardon?"

"What came up?" Minju blinked at Yujin's tone. She never used that tone on her before. Even when she'd hurt her countless of times, Yujin always sounded kind and soothing.

"Nothing important-" Once again she was cut off by the tall brunette.

"No, tell me." She sounded angry now. Minju blinked.

What's wrong? Is she that mad?

"Well, there was a party at a course mates house. I..."

"Yeah and you finally managed to get into Kim Chaewon's pants, that's why huh." Yujin's sarcastic voice shocked Minju. Her eyes widened.

"Hey! That's not your business." And that's not what happened! Minju wanted to say but Yujin beat her to it.

"Yeah it's not. What am I to you? Tell me."

"What do you mean? You're my friend." Minju bit her lip. They were in fact still friends. Minju tried not to admit that she was too cowardly to admit they were something more.

"Haha, do friends sleep with each other?" Minju was now in disbelief. Yujin was like a different person.

"Look, I know you're mad-" Yujin once again cut her off.

For goodness sake Ahn Yujin!

"Yeah, and you know why?"

"Please Yujin, can you please calm do-" Let me talk!

"Because I ing love you!" She exclaimed. Just like that. Minju's head went through a summersault and her heart started beating so rapidly against her chest she thought they were gonna burst. Her stomach wasn't any better. She almost felt like puking. She had to hold herself on something so she wouldn’t fall over.

"You know I don’t do relationships." Minju managed to say, still trying to process everything that's happening. Not a great thing to say to someone who just confessed. But she was all around the place. She didn't think she'd need to deal with this so early, and on the phone!

"Yes I do. I'm just too ing stupid to stop myself. I'm done. Please stop calling me."

! No Yujin!

"Yuji-"

She hanged up. She hanged up on Minju for the first time.

!

Minju's tears started rolling down her cheeks once again. Her heart hurt so much she thought she was going to die just there and then.

See what happens when you get hurt?

This is before you even go out with her. Imagine how much more it'd hurt!

Minju bit her lip as she laid on her bed crying.

Idiotic Yujin! Won't even let me talk!

She wept silently and thought of how harshly Yujin was speaking to her over the phone just now. The Yujin who never once raised her voice at her. The Yujin who was always so kind and considerate towards her.

Love really brings out the ugly side of everyone.

Is she really ready for this?

 

...

 

She strolled around the campus like a soulless ghost. She bumped into several people in the hall and got yelled at but she didn't care. She entire being felt so heavy she just wished she could disappear into the ground.

"Minju." Sakura's hand gripped hers to halt her footsteps. "I've been calling you for-" Sakura stopped when she noticed Minju's state. "What happened?" She quickly dragged the girl to an empty class. "Tell me what happened Minju." She placed a hand on her arm.

"I think Yujin's done with me." Minju said monotonously. Sakura widened her eyes.

"What happened."

"She was very mad that I ditched her on Saturday night." Minju's lower lip trembled as a lone tear streamed down her cheeks. Sakura reached out to wipe it away.

"You ditched her?" Sakura said incredulously. "Okay okay." She pursed her lips when Minju started ugly crying.

"She was so mad on the phone. I never heard her speak like that before."

"Okay, okay." Sakura patted Minju's head as she cried on her shoulder, soaking her shirt. "It's okay, give her some time. She's probably just a little mad that you ditched her. It's no biggie."

 

Turns out Yujin wasn't just a little mad. She was mad MAD. It'd been almost a week and there was no sign from the girl. Minju had tried to text her multiple times but there were no replies.

"Damn puppy really gave up." Hyewon murmured and was hit on the head by Chaeyeon.

"Shut your." Chaeyeon stared daggers at her and gave her the death sign. Hyewon immediately pursed shut.

"Call her." Sakura suggested. Minju hesitated for a minute before taking out her phone to dial Yujin’s number.

The trio saw as dread hit Minju's face. She put her phone on the desk and sobbed.

"She didn't pick up."

That's when Minju knew, she'd truly lost Yujin.

 

 

 

 

 

 


So... I decided to add a few more chapters since I have some time on my hands. I know this chapter is pretty cringy I sort of cringed myself lol.

Next chapter will probably be the final part. Thanks for reading y'all! I appreciate all your comments <3