Part 2

Just a fool in love

Damn I'm nervous.

I adjusted my collar and glanced at the time on my phone. 5 minutes until 7pm. She's coming in 5. Oh gosh I'm so nervous I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest.

I caressed the bouquet of roses placed on my laps and exhaled slowly.

Ok, Ahn Yujin, Calm down.

In 5 minutes, she'd come through that door.

In 5 minutes, I would stand and pass this beautiful bouquet of roses to her.

She'd smile and appreciate it before sitting down.

Weld have amazing conversation and there'd be romantic music playing at the back ground.

Then I'd ask her to be my girlfriend.

That’s the plan. Just gotta make sure I don't screw up.

I tugged my collar for the nth time before glancing at the time.

3 more minutes.

 

...

 

30 minutes...

She'd been 30 minutes late. I glanced at the time anxiously.

"Ma'am, are you ready to order?" The waiter asked politely.

"Just a minute please."

 

 

1 hour....

It had been an hour. I tried calling her but she wasn't picking up.

 

2 hours...

 

I sipped on the wine wordlessly.

 

3 hours...

I left the restaurant feeling the tiest I'd been in my life. I'd called her 10 times and left 20 text messages. Was she alright? Did she get into an accident maybe?

Feeling worried, I quickly took off to her apartment. I had her key in the lock when I heard sounds. I pressed my ears against the door and listened carefully.

"Chaewon-ah." I heard panting and shuffling sound. That was enough for me. I pulled the key out and dashed away feeling as if my heart had been ripped into millions of pieces.

Who was I kidding? Was I naive enough to think that Kim Minju was gonna fall in love with me? When I'd been here for whole 3 years and she'd just realized that she was in love with me?

I laughed bitterly at myself. I was the biggest fool on earth. I knew what I was getting myself into when I went into bed with her the second time.

She was never there for love. She will never love me.

.

I squeezed my chest, the pain felt like it was endless.

I slammed the door to my apartment shut and stomped into my room. I buried my head into my bed and cried like a baby. Tears couldn’t seem to stop flowing and soon the pillow had become drenched with my tears.

"Hey..." I heard someone at the door. “Yujin-ah, you alright bro?" I felt the bed dipped next to me before a hand caressed my back. "I'm here for you, no matter what. I hope you know that." Yena patted my back as I cried into the pillow.

"It'd be alright soon." She wrapped her arms around me. I lifted my head and pressed it into her arm. She cradled me as I cried in her arms.

she's never gonna let me live after this.

"You were right." I said amidst hiccups.

"Baby, I'm always right." She patted my head as I wept.

.

 

…..

I sat up on my bed, feeling a new kind of ty. My eyes were probably the size of a balloon and my throat hurt so much from crying. I grabbed my phone from the night stand to look at the time.

12.34pm.

3 messages from Minju. Tears welled up in my eyes as I tapped the message open.

 

Sorry! Something came up yesterday and I totally forgot about the dinner!

Please forgive me Yujinnie

I'll make it up to you, I promise.

 

Haha. thanks but no thanks. I wiped the tears off my face and tossed my phone onto my bed. It bounced off and hit the ground.

I think I heard something cracked.

I went to the bathroom to take a long shower before heading down to the kitchen to grab some food.

"Rise and shine!" Yena greeted while clad in apron and holding a pan and a spatula. "Guess what's for brunch? Pancake!" She stacked another layer of pancake on what looked to be the 50th layer before dumping a whole lot of maple syrup on the mountain of pancake. "Come sit and enjoy your breakfast."

I was nudged to seat at the counter before she shoves a fork and butter knife into my hands.

"These looks undercooked." I poked the pancakes with my fork and said dryly.

"Listen you little bitc-" Yena raised a hand up and exhaled three times before beaming at her exaggeratedly. "Ok, I'll make new ones. Anything for you."

"It's okay." I muttered and pushed the plate away from me. "I have no appetite."

"Come on Yujin.” Yena smacked my back rather harshly. "Stop being so depressed."

"I literally got my heart broken yesterday."

"So? It’s not like it’s your first time getting your heart broken by that she-who-shall-not-be-named." I rolled my eyes and slumped against my seat lifelessly. “You know what you need right now?" Yena snapped her fingers and I swear I can see a lightbulb on top of her head. "R-e-b-o-u-n-d"

"Uh huh no thank you."

"No, you know what let me call up some strippers. I bet that'd cheer you up real quick."

"You're kidding right?" I looked at her incredulously. She shot me a mischievous look before leaving to the kitchen to make a call. I was too sad and tired to argue with her. I crawled over to the couch and laid dead on top of it.

I didn't know how long it was before the doorbell rang.

"Coming~" Yena hurried to the door and pulled it open. I lifted my head tiredly, actually curious to see if Yena had actually called strippers. I scoffed when two familiar figures entered our apartment instead. “Baby." I heard kissing sounds so I covered my ears.

"No PDA." Wonyoung reprimanded Yena and Yuri. "Yujin is heartbroken girls, so no PDA in front of her." Yena and Yuri nodded in unison like pair of elementary school kids.

"Hey." Yujin felt a pat on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" When she got no reply, Wonyoung sighed. "I brought some food for you. It’s your favorite, teokbokki." She shot Yena and Yuri helpless look when I didn't even nudged.

"Maybe we'll let her cool down for a bit." Yuri suggested. "After all she'd just been heartbroken. She'll get better once she rests enough."

Aha. No.

 

"Yah Yujin." Yena nudged me with her foot as I laid dead on my bed. "Are you planning to skip class?" She tried to drag me off the bed but I stayed unmoving. "Oh for goodness sake." She yelled in frustration. "Stop doing this to yourself? She's not worth it okay?" I buried my head under my pillow to muffle out her voice.

"Oh no you're pulling this again. See what happens when you don't listen to me." She yanked the pillow and hurled it across the room. I finally snapped and sat up glaring at her.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted on top of my lungs. Yena glared at me for w few minutes before she bit her lips. I felt guilty when her eyes welled up with tears. Yena rarely cried. The last time she cried, it was because her dog had passed.

"Is this what you want to keep doing to yourself?" She asked as her voice cracked. "You wanna lose all your friends over this person doesn't even care about you?" She picked up a pillow and hurled it on me. "Wake up Yujin! Why are you crying over her when she's out there not giving you a second thought? It's been three freaking years, when are you going to wake up from this?" I let the pillow hit me as I blinked my tears away. "I've told you hundreds, no thousands of time, stop seeing her. Yet what you're doing? You let her wrap you around her pinky every single damn time. See who's the one getting hurt now." Yena cried out. "You know what? Do what you want. You can crawl back to her for all I care. Don't come crying to me when she breaks your damn heart again." She yelled before turning around and stomping out of her room. She slammed the door behind her and probably the front door too as I heard a loud bang seconds later.

I sat there in silence for a few minutes. My phone vibrated, signaling a message from someone.

 

Hey, why aren't you replying?

You're not still mad are you?

Wanna meet up at my apartment tonight?

 

I dialed her number. She picked up after the 3rd ring.

"Hey." She sounded relief?

"Hi." I said stoically.

"I'm really sorry about that night. Something came up so-"

"What?"

"Pardon?"

"What came up?" I said while clenching my fist, knowing the answer deep in my heart.

"Nothing important-"

"No, tell me." I insisted. She was silent for a few seconds.

"Well, there was a party at a course mates house. I..."

"Yeah and you finally managed to get into Kim Chaewon's pants, that's why huh."

"Hey! That's not your business."

"Yeah it's not. What am I to you? Tell me."

"What do you mean? You're my friend."

"Haha, do friends sleep with each other?"

"Look, I know you're mad-"

"Yeah, and you know why?"

"Please Yujin, can you please calm do-"

"Because I ing love you!" I shouted. I finally told her what I'd been holding in for all these time. No candlelight dinner. No bouquet of roses. No romantic music. Over the damn phone. How romantic. It was silence on the other line before I heard her clear .

"You know I don’t do relationships." Ha. Way to open up my wounded heart.

"Yes I do. I'm just too ing stupid to stop myself. I'm done. Please stop calling me."

"Yuji-"

I hanged up. Yena was right. I should stop all of this nonsense. I'm not her ing booty call.

 

…..

 

"Hey." I said while forcing a smile on my face.

"Look who decided to show up." Yuri said excitedly while nudging at Yena. Yena merely glanced at me before returning her focus back on her food. I plopped down onto the seat next to Wonyoung. She grasped my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"You alright?" She gave me a worried look. I nodded my head wordlessly.

"Stop being so petty." Yuri poked Yena's cheek.

"Petty?" Yena grumbled while stabbing her lunch with her fork. "Who's being petty here?"

"Dude, I'm sorry." I muttered while trying to catch her eyes but she kept avoiding mine. "I'm sorry for shouting at you like that."

"Come on guys." Wonyoung added while smiling cheekily. "This table's been awfully quiet without you two blabbering nonstop today."

"Don't be mad." Yuri snickered while nudging Yena repeatedly with her shoulder.

"Mad? Who's mad?" Yena rolled her eyes and throw her fork onto her tray. "who says I'm mad."

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" I raised my eyebrow at my best friend when she finally looked at me in the eyes.

"I swear if you so much as raise your voice at me one more time I'm throwing you out of the house." She said while pointing a finger at me.

"No you won’t." I grinned and caught her finger in my hand. "You lurrrve me too much." Yena faked gagging. "Don't deny it." I rushed to her side and gave her a bear hug. She squealed and tried to get away from me but I refused to let go. She screamed when I lifted her off of the ground and swung her around.

 

.....

 

It'd been almost a week since that call. The trio had tried their best to cheer me up during these days and I honestly couldn't be more thankful to have them in my life. This weekend we decided to go short two-day trip to the beach. I covered my eyes with a shade as I laid on the beach sun bathing. I could hear Yena and Yuri squealing as they played by the sea.

"How are you feeling?" Wonyoung asked as she sat beside me and passed me a can of soda. I sat up straight and accepted it gratefully.

"Pretty good." I answered honestly. "I still think about her sometime but at least I don't burst out crying." I said with a shrug before chugging down the soda.

"Love huh?"

"They definitely do." I muttered as I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. "I'm never watching rom-com again." Wonyoung snorted as she tried not to burst out laughing. "They're scams."

"Come on, don't tell me you're swearing off love just because you had your first heart break?" Wonyoung nudged my shoulder playfully with hers.

"I'm definitely off the game for now." I sighed before laying onto my back. Wonyoung's head clouded my view as she hovered over me.

"Are you sure?" She narrowed her eyes at me. "What if someone's interested in you now?"

"Oh yeah?" I chuckled. "Like who?" She gazed into my eyes for a moment and I thought my heart skipped a bit when she inched closer to my face.

We jerked a part at the sound of my phone ringing. I fumbled around to fish my phone out of my pocket. My hand was about to swipe to answer the call when I recognized the number. I had deleted her contact but I still remembered her number by heart.

"Is that her?" Wonyoung cleared and stared at my phone from a distance. "Are you picking that up?" I felt a strong sense of déjà vu as I looked into Wonyoung's eyes.

"No." I rejected the call and placed my phone on air plane mode. "I'm not."

Wonyoung looked at me, her eyes crinkling and the corner of turning up in a smile.

She reached over and laced our fingers together.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for reading! I'm sorry for the late update as I was busy with life (ಥ ͜ʖಥ) 

So I'm marking this complete since its technically completed... unless you guys want Jinjoo endgame lmao. 

So... Jinjoo or Annyeongz lol