Part 1

Just a fool in love

I've always longed to fall in love. Of course, I'd never tell anyone about that. Especially not Yena, my of a bestfriend. Knowing her, she'd tease me the hell out of it.

I'd never tell her how horror isn't my only go to genre, and how I'd like to watch some good rom-com once in a while.

Because watching people meet and fall in love and imagining how I was in the guy's shoes (yes, I'm gay as hell) makes my heart flutter.

I wish I have a girlfriend.

I jolted when my earphone was yanked out. Yena's annoyed face appeared in front of me.

"What the heck."

"Dude, I was asking you a question." Yena pursed her lips.

"What do you want now?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back against my seat, annoyed to have my morning daydream disturbed.

"Sakura unnie's party." Yena wriggled her eyebrows. "You in?" I sighed.

"Parties are for cool people. We aren't cool Yena." Yena looked offended at that.

"Excuse you." She huffed. "Come on, stop being a sourpuss. This is the first party we were invited to!"

"To be fair Sakura invited everyone." I stated as matter of fact. The popular head cheerleader senior did make the huge announcement last Friday in the cafeteria out of the blue. I wondered how huge her mansion must be for her to confidently invite a school populated with at least 10 thousand students.

"Ugh, just come tonight." Yena grumbled. The bus halted at the entrance of our high school. I grabbed my bag and stood from my seat, ready to get out of the bus. As I slid out to the aisle, someone behind bumped into me. I glanced back to see this crazy gorgeous girl shooting me an annoyed look before nudging me to a side and moving down the aisle.

"Cute but rude." I mumbled under my breath, still breathless by her beauty.

"Your gay is showing dude." Yena nudged my shoulder.

"Shut up."

 

…..

 

How I got roped into this party by Yena is still a mystery to me. I stood awkwardly against the wall in the living room while looking around nervously. Sakura's mansion was even bigger than I'd expected. Situated at one of the wealthiest neighbourhood in the city, her mansion was among the biggest. They even had a pool and garden for goodness sake.

Where the hell is Yena?

My best friend and the only person I knew in this party had went off to grab us drinks. it'd been approximately fifteen minutes and I haven’t seen her shadow since. I was getting more and more anxious by second, contemplating whether I should leaeve.

My schoolmates were enjoying themselves either dancing or playing games and I was just there standing alone like a loser. Feeling pretty ty about myself, I decided to take matters into my own hands and find that damn fool. I strolled down the grand hallway, trying to find my way to the kitchen. Some people bumped into me while staggering around, clearly drunk.

", where am I?" I glanced around while frowning. I'm clearly nowhere near the kitchen. I took a turn to left at a junction and was met with more doors. "Is this a house or a maze?" I massaged my temples. "I should probably just call her. Why didn't I just call her?" I smacked my forehead before fishing my phone from my pocket. My finger halted at the call button when I heard a faint sound.

"Stop it!" It was much clearer this time and it sounded like someone needed help. I followed the direction where the sound came from and ended up outside one of the closed doors at the hallway. I pressed my ear against the door and listened closely. "I said stop!" That was a cue for me as I pushed the door open.

A girl was clearly trying to push a much bigger guy off her. Without thinking. I threw myself at him and tackled him to the ground.

"Ow, what the !" The guy cursed and shook me off him. My back came in contact with the wall, knocking the air out of me. My head was lifted off the ground when the guy pulled the collar of my shirt. "Who the are you?!" He glared at me viscously.

"Stop it!" Someone shouted. I felt the hands around my collar loosened as the girl hit him with his purse. "Get the away from me!" She yelled as she swung her purse repeatedly at him.

"ing psycho!" He grabbed the purse and hurled it across the room. "Playing hard to get huh, Kim Minju." He spat. "I wouldn't wanna you anyway." He stood and stomped to the door. "Who knows how many guys you've ed. " He snickered before slamming the door behind him.

"Are you okay?" The girl crouched down beside me and patted my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said before glancing at her. Woah. It's that girl at the bus. She didn't seem to recognize me as she smiled at me before helping me up at my feet.

"Thank you." She didn't let go of my hand for a while as she looked at me gratefully. "If it isn't you, I don't know what would've happened."

"It's no biggie." I chuckled while scratching the back of my head. I can't look into those pretty eyes for too long. We were quiet for a few seconds before she broke the silence.

"I hope I'm not bothering you." She let go of my hand and smiled apologetically at me. "You probably want to get back to your friends."

"O-oh no it's alright." I stuttered. "I wasn't doing anything anyway. Just standing around."

Great, now she knows how much of a loser you are.

"I see." She nodded slowly before looking at me coyly. "Do you wanna get out of here?" She asked with her silky smooth voice and those bewitching eyes.

"W-where?" I squeaked embarrassingly before swallowing the lump in my throat. She shrugged before shooting me a playful look.

"I don't know. I was thinking of my house maybe? I stay alone." A breath got caught in my throat. My face felt incredibly hot I was sure I looked like a tomato at this point. "So, what do you say?" She asked with a smirk.

Who am I to say no to the Goddess?

 

…..

 

I squinted my eyes and blinked a couple of times to allow my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the room. I stretched an arm and let it roamed across the space next to me. An empty feeling filled me when I found the space next to me cold and empty. Sitting up on my bed, I stretched my body and let out a massive yawn before sauntering to the bathroom.

I stared at the reflection and caressed the light bruises on my neck. I snorted.

"For a person who hates commitment, she sure likes to leave hickeys all over me."

Yena was glaring at me as I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. I ignored her blatant stare knowing it irks her. She finally broke the silence after I sat down with my milk and a box of cereal.

"Look." She said squeaked. I raised my brow at her. She was pointing at her eyes.

"What?"

"What?" She said indignantly. "Look at my eye bags! Do you know how loud you guys were?" She tossed a ball of tissue at me.

"Shut up you're just jealous you're single." I giggled loudly as she snorted loudly.

"It's not like you're any less single than me." She crossed her arm and shot me a smirk. "Last time I checked Kim Minju is still very much not committed to you."

I shut up real quick and shot her a glare. I shoved a mouthful of cereal and started chewing harshly.

"Come on, don't get mad at me now." Yena reached across the table and poked my hand. "You're the one who keeps sleeping with someone who clearly isn't interested in you."

"Ugghh, not this again." I put my hands on my ears and shut my eyes.

"Listen to me kid." Yena shouted while I was babbling gibberish.

"~la ~la ~I can't hear ~ la ~la"

" you're getting your heart broken and I'm trying to help you." Yena lunged over and tried to pry my hands off my ears.

I refused to listen, just like the hundreds of times Yena had tried to reprimand over the last 3 years. I am aware that I’m getting my heart ripped by Kim Minju every time we meet. Every time she told me she was just in for the casual hookups. Every single time she told me that she doesn’t believe in something meaningless called "love".

Every day I was reminded by her that I was just her friend with benefits. It'd been that way since high school, and it definitely wasn't about to change now.

"I regret leaving you alone for like 20 minutes in that party." Yena muttered when she finally gave up trying to get me to listen. "Why did I have to play that stupid ping pong game?"

I sighed and stabbed at my bowl of cereal. My phone lighted up, indicating a message. I unlocked my phone and stared at the screen. It was Minju asking if I wanted to have lunch with her now. I glanced at the time realizing it was almost noon. I quickly replied 'yes' before darting to my room to get myself prepared. I heard Yena muttered a low "whipped" before I shut the door behind me.

 

…..

 

"Hey." I slid into the sit opposite to her and shot her a dazzling smile. She smiled at me before dropping her head back down and scrolling through her phone. After ordering my food, I rested my chin on my hand and watched her as she typed on her phone.

"What?" She stopped typing and shot me a questioning look after a while.

"Huh?" I blinked.

"I can feel you staring." She raised her perfectly shaped brows.

"Nothing." I cleared my throat. "It's just, you look different today." I commented, noticing that she'd put more make up on than usual. Her hair was loosely braided and she was wearing cute off-shoulder black dress. She looked really beautiful today that I couldn’t help staring.

"I do?" She smiled in appreciation. "Well, we're going to a party tonight." My smile dropped immediately at that. Usually when Minju says she's going to a party with her friend, she brings someone back home. I've known because she'd sometimes complain to me the next day.

“Oh."

"Remember that transfer student I told you about?" She said while scrolling through her phone.

"Oh yeah, Chaewon?" I said dryly and sipped on my drink.

"I heard she's going to the party tonight too." She said with a small snicker. Kim Chaewon is Minju's newest 'target' due to the fact that the girl had rejected all of Minju's advances. Minju liked to challenge herself when she couldn't get into someone's pants immediately. I guess she thought I was an easy target back in high school.

"What about you?" Yujin snapped out of her thoughts when Minju asked nonchalantly.

"Huh?" I looked up at her quizzically. "What about me?"

'What are you up to tonight silly." Minju giggled.

"Ugh, nothing much. Probably gonna start my assignments or something." I shrugged.

"Yujin, stop being such an old fart. It's only been 3 weeks into the semester. You should be out having fun not cooped up in your apartment like that." Minju shook her head and flicked my head teasingly. "Why don't you come to the party too?"

"What?" I widened my eyes. "No, I don't know any of your course mates." I shook my head vigorously.

"You know me." She assured. "Come, I'll even introduce some of my friends to you." She wriggled her eyebrows. I forced a smile.

"No thank you."

"Come on, it'll be fun, I promise." She clasped her hands together and looked at her innocently with pursed lips. She knows I can't resist her when she does things like this.

"Fine. I'll just drop by for a few minutes." She squealed and leaned across to pull me into a hug. My heart fluttered as I patted her bag and inhaled her sweet scent. If only Kim Minju can fall in love with me.

 

…..

 

I scanned the crowded club, looking for a certain brunette. I tried texting Minju but she wasn't reading my texts. I called her but she wasn't picking up. Feeling a little bit worried, I wavered through the crowd of people grinding against each other towards the couches. No Kim Minju in sight. Anxious, I started going around the club and scanning each of the faces. It was especially difficult due to the dim lightning and the number of people.

I caught sight of a familiar face in the dance floor. Squeezing and pushing past the people, I finally reached that person. She was moving her body along with the music with her eyes shut. She squinted at me when I tapped on her shoulder to get her attention.

"Do you know where Kim Minju is?" I asked loudly as to be heard over the loud EDM. Kang Hyewon looked dazedly at me for a few seconds, clearly intoxicated, before shrugging.

"Don't know." She slurred. "Saw her with Chaewon." She shrugged before turning around and resuming her dance. I felt like the wind has been knocked off my chest. Gritting my teeth, I walked soullessly away from the dance floor, bumping and getting cursed by people. I sat by one of the empty seats at the bar.

"Strongest drink you have." I told the bar tender. I didn't even know the names of drinks as I barely drink.

"Heartbroken?" The person next to me looked at me while tapping her fingers on the bar. I shrugged, not in the mood for small talk. "I just got my heart broken too." She continued. I turned and looked at her with a brow raised. She was a pretty woman and she looked around my age. Her eyes were wet with tears though. "My best friend of seven years just rejected me." She said as she started to sob. I glanced around us, some people were watching us curiously, probably thinking I'm the jerk who broke her heart or something.

Biting my lip, I tapped her shoulder. She turned to look at me questioningly.

"Well, at least you weren't friends with benefit with the person you love." I said with an awkward smile. "At least you don't have to see the person you loved going around sleeping with other people and the only thing you can do is just wait faithfully until it's your turn." I said bitterly.

"." She uttered with wide eyes. "That does sounds ty." The bartender slid a cup towards me. Out of emotion, I grabbed the cup and poured its content down my throat. I spat it out across the bar a second later though. Definitely not my best moments. The bartender glared at me as he wiped some of the droplets off his cheek.

The girl beside me burst out laughing while I apologized furiously. Cue to myself. Never order the strongest drink ever, whatever that drink is.

"You just cheered me up." The girl said while wiping a tear from her eyes. She stretched her hand out at me and beamed me a cute smile. "I'm Jang Wonyoung by the way."

"Ahn Yujin." I cleared my throat and took her hand in mine.

"If you don't mind, I'd like your company for the rest of tonight." She said shyly while glancing down.

"Why not? We're in the same boat. Two broken hearts." I shrugged.

We talked for a little over an hour. I told her how Minju and I met and she told me how her best friend had been oblivious towards her feelings for the past years. Wonyoung seemed like a really sweet girl. I watched how her eyes grew wide in frustration as she complained her failing love life.

"I don't know how I'm going to face her tomorrow." She buried her face into her hands. "We have the same classes for goodness sake!" Surprisingly, Wonyoung was in the same college Yujin attended. She'd never seen her around, probably because they were from different majors and buildings.

"Good luck on that." I gave her an empathetic pat on the shoulder. She frowned and pouted at me.

"Can I just magically turn invisible or something?"

"Y-" I felt my phone vibrated inside the pocket of my jeans. I fished them out and in a breath when I saw who's calling.

Oh now you remember me.

I hesitated for a few seconds. My finger hovering over the 'hang up' button but I couldn't seem to do so.

"Is that her?" Wonyoung inched her head over to peeked at my phone. "Your friend with benefit slash unrequited love?" I sighed and nodded. "So are you picking that up?" I looked at her and she arched her brow, as if tempting me not to pick up. But I was a whipped useless woman. I accepted the call and the loud speaker so I could hear her over the music.

"Where are you?" Minju's voice could be heard through the music. That's what I should be asking.

"At the bar." I replied.

"I'm outside the club." She said before hanging up. I stare at the phone for a while.

"What’d she said?" Wonyoung asked after I shove the phone into my pocket.

"I gotta go." I said before rushing out of the bar not even bothering to turn around when she called my name. Minju sounded like she needed me.

When I found her sitting on some steps outside the club. When she heard me coming, she lunged at me and pressed her lips against mine. It took me a few minutes before I responded to her kiss. She hooked her arms around behind my neck to pull me closer and deepened the kiss.

"What happened?" I asked breathlessly when we stopped to catch our breath.

"Let's go back to your apartment." She said before clasping our fingers together and giving me her usual sultry look.

 

…..

 

When I woke up this morning, Minju was still snuggling warmly next to me with one of her arm around my waist and her head resting on my shoulder. It was pretty rare that I had woken up before Minju. Usually she was up before me and she'd disappear without a trace.

I shifted a little so I could wrap my arm around her and pulled her close. She stirred a few minutes later and mumbled under her breath.

"Mornin'" I smiled when she started drawing circles on my back.

"Hey." I said softly while enjoying her warmth.

"You're up early today. Usually you'd sleep like a pig." She muttered sleepily. I chuckled lightly.

"Wanna grab breakfast together?" I suggested, praying that she'd say yes. She was quiet for longer than usual.

"Ehm, I actually have to meet some of my friends later." She said before unwrapping her arm around me and slowly pushing herself up. "I'm cleaning up first okay?" I stared at her back disappointingly as she went into the bathroom.

Few minutes later she came out fully dressed in her outfit yesterday.

"Are you meeting your friends in that outfit? You probably stink now." I and laughed when she threw a glare at me.

"What do you suggest me to wear smartass? My birthday suit?" She retorted with a huff.

"You can grab some clothes from my closet." I suggested.

"Sure, your clothes will fit me well you pole." She smirked but went through my closet nonetheless. She opted for a white Champion hoodie that looked adorably oversized on her and a pair of cuffed jeans. My heart fluttered at the sight of her in my clothes. , I love her so much.

"I'm going." She said as she tied her hair in a ponytail. "I'll see you tomorrow." She pecked my cheek before leaving. I stared at the door for some time before I laid back onto back and inhaled her lingering scent.

Someday, she will not leave.

I can only hope.

 

…..

 

Monday arrived and I found myself at the hallway of my campus. I blasted music full volume as I walked down the hallway to the lecture hall, taking my sweet time to get to that boring lecture. Someone stood on my way though. Without glancing up at the person, I swerved left and frowned when the person moved to my left as well. When I moved right, the person once again moved, blocking my way. Annoyed, I yanked my earphones out and shot the person an annoyed glance.

My face dropped into a surprise when the face looking back at me was a familiar one.

"Wonyoung?"

"Hi Yujin. Nice to see you again." She grinned widely. Damn she's tall when she's standing. She's probably taller than me.

"Oh hey." I greeted, still dumbfounded. "How are you?"

"My best friend’s still not in love with me. I'm still avoiding her. How's that?" She said with a slight wince. I chuckled.

"You'll have to face her today."

"I know, and it's killing me." She grumbled and slouched her shoulders dejectedly.

"I can walk you to your class if it'd make you feel better." I said with a shrug. She lighted up immediately.

"Really? You'd do that?" She said while practically bouncing on her feet. This Wonyoung girl may seem huge but she's still a kid at heart.

"If you buy my lunch today." I said with a sly grin.

"Deal!"

As I walked Wonyoung to class, we chatted a little. Turns out we have more in common than I thought. The girl was literally born a day apart from me. When we reached the entrance of her class she shifted around and glanced into her class worriedly.

"You can do it!" I cheered her up while giving her a fighting pose. She puffed her cheek and nodded in determination before walking into the class. I snickered lightly as she walked with her shoulders pushed back and chest up.

When lunch time came, Yena and I walked to the cafeteria and stood in the line for our food. I felt a small tap on my shoulder and turned around. Wonyoung smiled brightly at me while waving her hand.

"Hiii, I owe you lunch remember?"

"I was kidding, you don't have to." I shook my head but she insisted on paying. Yena nudged me and shoot me a questioning look. "Oh, right. Wonyoung, this is Yena. Yena, this is Wonyoung." I introduced them to each other. Yena shook Wonyoung's hand while raising her brow at me. I rolled my eyes at her. "So how did it go with your best friend?" I started a small talk as we waited in line for our food.

"Oh well, it was awkward but I'll live." She said with a small sigh. "We agreed to still be friends. I said I'll move on."

"Ouch." I winced and she nodded sadly.

"I'll introduce you to her later. She's coming." She said.

"Ohhh." Can't wait to meet the infamous best friend.

We chose to sit at Yena and I's usual seat with Yena sitting opposite and Wonyoung beside me. Yena stared weirdly at us the whole time we were conversing. For someone as noisy as Yena, she was pretty quiet this time.

Minutes later someone plopped onto the seat beside Yena. The girl was cute with her round rimmed glasses and petite stature. Wonyoung introduced her as the Jo Yuri, her infamous best friend.

I smiled politely at her. Yena on the other hand was openly gawking at the new girl at the table. I watched in amusement as she spluttered her name with full as she introduced herself to Yuri. Yuri seemed particularly shy when she shook Yena's hand. She tugged a strand of hair behind her ears while looking into Yena's eyes coyly.

Oh.

I glanced at Wonyoung though my peripheral vision. Wonyoung did not seem very happy about their encounter. I reached out to grasp her hand before squeezing it. I shot her a reassuring look. She smiled gratefully back at me.

"I think I'm in love." Yena said dreamily as we separate ways with Wonyoung and Yuri. I scoffed and looked at Yena incredulously.

"You literally just met her."

"It was love at first sight." Yena said with her eyes shut and her hands on her heart. I gagged loud enough for her to hear. She snapped her eyes open and glare at me. "What?"

"Don't you know how to read the mood? While you're busy flirting with your new crush, Wonyoung is practically hurting over here." I said while shaking my head.

"Why?" Yena asked obliviously.

"She's in love with her best friend." I explained.

"Is her best friend in love with her though?" Yena questioned, eyes wide in alarm. I rolled my eyes.

"No but-"

"Woohoo!" She cheered.

"Be considerate of someone's feelings and stop flirting in front of her next time." I said in annoyance.

"Ohhh someone’s real considerate of someone else's feelings." Yena cooed while bumping her shoulder against mine.

"What?" I frowned at her.

"Seems like I don't have to worry about your hopeless crush on Kim Minju no more." Yena beamed, displaying her full set of teeth.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you and Wonyoung-shi can date each other. Me and Yuri can date each other. Then we can go on double dates together." Yena said while making finger hearts.

"You're out of your mind." I snorted before walking ahead, leaving Yena behind.

"Hey hey, wait for me." Yena caught up and threw her arm around my shoulder. "It's a great idea. Wonyoung seems like a sweet girl unlike that eff girl." Yena spat out the last words. "And you guys seem to have a lot in common." I shrugged her arm off me and turned to look at her in annoyance.

"I'm not interested in Wonyoung okay."

"Why not?" Yena seemed like she couldn't comprehend what I just said.

"I'm just not, okay?" I grumbled before walking away hastily.

"Stop pining over a girl that's never going to return your feelings."

"Bla~bla~bla~" I placed both my hands against my ears, ignoring the blabbering duck chasing behind me.

 

…..

 

 

It was midnight when I was drowsed awake by the soft click of my door. I stirred before going back to sleep until I felt my bed dipped. I was alerted and I jolted up and reached out to the night lamp beside me. Kim Minju's ethereal features greeted me when the light illuminated the otherwise dark room.

"My God! What are you doing?" I placed my hand over my rapidly beating heart while gawking at Minju who was smiling sheepishly. "I almost had a heart attack."

"Sorry." She whispered before climbing onto the bed next to me. "Can I sleep next to you tonight?"

"What's going on?" I wanted to reach out to touch her cheek but retracted my hand. "Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" Minju raised a brow at me as she pulled her bra off without taking off her shirt.

"Erm, I gotta wake up early tomorrow." I said while watching her tug her pants off and tossed it to the ground.

"I know silly." Minju chuckled before snuggling next to me. , my head is beating crazy fast right now. I hope she doesn't hear it. "I just want to sleep tonight."

"Oh okay." I gulped before laying my head back down on my pillow and turned the night lamp off. I laid still in the darkness for who knows how long because I couldn't sleep while Kim freaking Minju just freaking sneaked into my bed without warning.

I reached out to lightly caress her hair as I listened to her rhythmic breathing. I wondered what she was thinking tonight. Why had she come here? She hadn't done this before.

 

I woke up when my alarm sounded, jolting both Minju and I awake. I quickly shut the alarm close before snuggling back into the warmth. We stayed that way for a few minutes before Minju patted me.

"Come on, we have class." I groaned and snuggled deeply into her refusing to get off the bed. "Stop being a baby." Minju chuckled, making me feel her chest vibrate. She tickled my side, knowing I was sensitive to it. I squealed and rolled away from her, eliciting a gleeful laugh.

She brushed her hair with her fingers as she rose from the bed.

"I'll be getting ready." She said before walking into the bathroom.

She came out few minutes later in nothing but a towel. She sauntered over to my closet before rustling through it.

"Uhm, excuse me?" I teased with a smile. "Aren't you going to ask for permission before stealing from someone’s closet?"

"Nope." Minju said it without looking at me. She tossed a grey sweater and some sweatpants on this time. "You're going to be late if you don't get ready now." Minju reminded while brushing her hair with a comb.

"Yeah." I stretched myself heading to the bathroom to wash up. When I come out, Minju was laying on my bed reading one of the books I had on my desk. Surprised that she was still here, I stood and looked at her.

"What are you doing standing there like a wood." She raised an eyebrow at me. "Come on, or we'll be late."

"Huh?" I blinked in confusion.

"I'm dropping you off today." She said nonchalantly while flipping to the next page.

"You are?" I looked at her in shock. Minju had never dropped me off College before. Usually she'd be gone before I even woke up.

"Yeah, time is ticking Yujinie." She scrunched her eyebrow while tapping her wrist. I bolted off to get prepared.

 

"Why are you staring." Minju said while staring at the road ahead. I got caught red handed.

"you're being a little weird today." I said while scratching my cheek.

"How so?" Minju frowned a little.

"I mean, ugh." I thought of how to say this without sounding rude. "Usually you'd be out before I even wake up. And you never drop me off to school."

"You never asked me to." Minju shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't like being late to classes. Today my morning classes have been cancelled." I narrowed my eyes at Minju. that wasn't completely true. I know Minju doesn't like to stay because she doesn't want people to think that she's being committed. She'd said it to me before.

"Okay." I said simply. Sensing that there seems to be a change in Minju, I wondered if I can shoot my shot. It's now or never! "You free this weekend?" I asked while drumming my fingers on my thighs.

"I'm free this Sunday. Why?"

"Do you wanna like, go to the movies with me or something?" I said while tapping my foot nervously. "The Grudge just came out. Perhaps you'd like to watch it with me?" I said while biting my lip.

"Sure." YES MAMA!

Perhaps I do have a chance after all.

 

…..

 

"You look disgusting." Yena commented as we strolled down the hallway to our class. My dazzling smile was not affected by her comment. "What happened? You and Wonyoung got hitched up?" I turned to her with a frown. This just knows how to ruin my mood.

"No, Minju and I are going on a date." Her eyebrow shot through her bangs as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Date? Since when does Minju goes on dates? Were you dreaming when you agreed on this so called 'date'?" She quoted

"No." I said indignantly. "You know what? you. I'm not talking to you." I said and pushed past her. She caught up with me moments later and leaned her head against my shoulder.

"Don't be mad baby." She rubbed her cheek on me. "Tell me when you're going on this date and where?" I rolled my eyes at her and shrugged her off me.

"We're going for movies at ATX mall on Sunday." I said while smiling to myself, feeling tingles up my toes just thinking about it.

"ATX mall on Sunday huh." Yena mumbled to herself.

"What?" I looked at her.

"What?" Yena stared blatantly back at me. "Nothing."

 

I glanced at the clock while pacing around the apartment.

"Oh shut up already." Yena grunted from the sofa. She was laying and stuffing spoonful of oats into while watching the TV.

"Why are you dressed up." I stopped at stared at Yena's outfit. Girlie was actually putting effort in dressing up today.

"Ehm." She coughed. "You're not the only one with a date."

"Yuri?" I gawked at her. She turned slightly red and as if on cue, the doorbell rang. I hurried to the door.

"Why'd you ring the door." I said when I opened to door to be greeted with Kim Minju in a sundress. "You have a key you know." Minju rolled her eyes at me.

"Ready to go?"

 

When you are with someone for a long time, you get some sort of supernatural psychic power that allows you to sense each other when you're nearby. This was said and proven by me. Yena and I have practically known each other since we were babies. Our mothers were best of friends. It was as if we were destined to follow our mothers’ footsteps.

I can proudly say I can smell the girl from a mile away and right now I'm sensing that . It's definitely not because I just caught sight of her through the reflection of the tiled pillar or anything.

"Are you okay?" Minju asked when I darted my eyes around the cinema as we waited in line for popcorns.

"Uhuh." I smiled reassuringly at her. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Yena isn't here and I'm just being paranoid.

"What do you want?" She glanced at the screen menu. "Which flavor should we get?"

"Anything you'd like."

"Maybe the salted one? I've been feeling kinda bloated these days." She said with a pout while pinching her tummy.

"You look amazing." I complemented without hesitation. "You'll look amazing no matter how much you weigh."

"Omo." Minju touched her cheeks. "You're making me shy." I blushed and scratched my cheek. "Then we'll get the caramel ones. You better not call me fat if I gained weight." Minju pursed her lips. I feel a strong urge to kiss those lips.

As Minju ordered for our popcorns, I turned my head to a side, accidentally meeting eyes with Choi Yena who was standing a few feet away from me. She immediately snapped her head away but it was too late.

"That little rascal..." I gritted my teeth.

"Yujin?"

"Oh yes?" I turned back towards Minju.

"Help me grab the popcorn please." She said while holding two cups of drinks. I nodded and took the popcorn in my hand. I offered to take the other drink before we went into the theater. I kept a close eye behind me to make sure Yena wasn't behind us or anything.

We found our seat and settled down. The movie started moments later. I would say I have an ulterior motive watching a horror movie. I smirked to myself when Minju gripped my hand and covered her eyes with another.

So cute.

I watched her as she squinted her eyes and jolted when there were jump scares.

My expression probably turned blank when I hear a familiar voice screaming from the back. No mistake to that voice.

"Shhh.. They'll hear us." I heard a suspiciously familiar voice coming from my back.

"Yuri-ah! Have you seen that ghost? It's freaking terrifying. Oh Shiitt!" This time, popcorns came showering over me. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth.

Choi Yena.

"Pfft. What happened to you." Minju snickered softly and reach out to picked the popcorns off my head.

"Can we get out of here?" I whispered to her, making sure it was soft enough the dumb duo behind me couldn't hear.

"Hell yes. I don't want to watch a second of this anymore." Minju widened her eyes and nodded her head. Without another word we stood and left the cinema. I made sure to turn my head to make sure Yena wasn't following us.

We ended up going back to Minju's apartment where we laid in her sofa watching some sappy dog movie. Minju dabbed tissue on her eyes when the dog died for who knows how many times. I didn't keep count; I was watching Minju crying the whole time.

When the film ended, Minju was still crying like a baby. She buried her face into my chest and cried into my shirt.

"It’s just a movie." I patted her head as her sob calmed down a little.

"Did you not watch the movie?" She hiccupped. "It was so sad."

"He found his way back to his owner. I'd say it’s a happy ending." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but the dog went through so much. Ugh I hate dog movies, they always make me cry like a baby."

"You are a baby." I snickered. "A cry baby." She pinched my thigh lightly.

"Ugh, now I'm all blotchy and ugly." She fanned her face with her hands.

"You're still beautiful." I pinched her cheeks and pecked her lips. We stared at each other for some time and before I knew it we were kissing. I cupped her face while kissing her passionately. She climbed on top of my thigh straddling me while nibbling on my lips.

"Bed, now." She ordered breathlessly.

What she wants, she gets.

 

…..

 

"Hehehehe..." Yena was laughing like a maniac as I flipped through my book, not even bothering with her. "Hahahahah" She deliberately laughed louder, obviously trying to get a reaction from me. I ignored her and continued reading my book. "Yah, don't you wanna know why I'm laughing?" Yena threw an eraser at me. It hit my head before bouncing off to the ground. I turned to stare daggers at her.

"What?"

"Since you're so curious I'll tell you why." Yena sat across her on the couch and grinned widely. "Yesterday at six forty three point two two, I'm officially hitched to the love of my life." I looked at her wordlessly for few seconds before going back to reading my book. "Hey!"

"Congrats." I muttered nonchalantly.

"Why are you so heartless? Shouldn't you be happier for your bee eff eff?" Yena kicked me and crossed her arms.

"Not when said bee eff eff is a stalking who almost ruined my date." I said menacingly. Yena grinned innocently.

"Come on. It’s been like a month? Why are you still mad? Besides, based on the hickeys around your neck I'd say the date went on smoothly." I blushed and rubbed my neck.

"Shut up."

"So are you two dating now?" Yena asked curiously while resting her head on her hands staring at me.

"Stop being so nosey." I grumbled before returning back to my book, ignoring her.

"So it’s a no? Damn why don't you listen to my advice and date Wonyoung instead?" I squeezed my eyes shut. "I tell you, she's the perfect match for you. I-"

"Bla~bla~bla~" I covered my ears and sang loudly.

"You rascal, stop doing that or I'd chop those hands off.'"

"~la~la~la~"

 

"You dead yet?" I flicked Wonyoung's forehead lightly. The poor girl had been soulless the entire time.

"Huh??" She blinked at me before nodding slowly. "Yeah, I think so."

"You think so?" I munched on my rice while shooting her a glance. "the love of your life just started dating someone. Are you sure you're okay?" Yena and Yuri had gone to who knows where, leaving just Wonyoung and I in our usual table at the cafeteria.

"Yeah." Wonyoung sighed before resting her chin on the table. "I think I kinda moved on. It's not as painful as I expected." She puffed her cheeks before blowing out air.

"Oh, so you've moved on." I raised an eyebrow. "So you like someone else now?" Wonyoung immediately jerked up straight and looked at her with wide eyes.

"N-no!"

"Ohhhhh so there is someone." I teased while pointing my fork at her. "Are you telling me or do I have to find out myself?"

"There is no one." Wonyoung exclaimed although her face was turning darker shades of red by seconds.

"If you say so." I shrugged. She'll tell me herself when she's ready.

"So..." Wonyoung bit her lip before asking. "How is it going with your unrequited love?" She asked while playing with her fingers.

"Pretty well I'd say." I said with a grin. "I think I might actually have a chance after all."

"oh really?" Wonyoung said quietly.

"I think I might ask her out for real this week." I said while biting on my lip at that thought.

"You are?" Wonyoung stared at me wide eyed.

'Yeah." I cleared my throat. Although Minju and I still seemed pretty much like friends with benefits, however we hung out more the past few weeks. I’ve decided to stop being a and finally asked her out.

"Oh." Wonyoung sounded almost disappointed. I was going to ask her if she was alright before she blurted out questions. "So, how are you going to be asking her out?" Wonyoung sounded pretty cheerful now so I dismissed the thoughts.

"This may sound pretty old fashion." I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm going to take her to a fancy candlelight dinner. I'd get flowers and music, and at the right moment I'd pop the question." I could feel my heart beating against my chest just from thinking about it. "What'd you think?"

"Great." Wonyoung said while showing me her thumbs up. I grinned.

Candlelight dinner it is!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Thank you guys for reading 😊 Please leave a comment and tell me what you think