둘.

I’m at your service m’lady

"Hey! Stop her, she's a thief!"

The old man yelled in hopes of someone stopping the teenage girl that was runnng away with his money. The girl only smirked slightly jumping on a box, putting the small money bag in her teeth, grabing the rope hanging from the roof. She quickly made her way up on a small balcony from where she climbed to the roof, knowing where she had to put her hands and legs from doing this almost every day when she stole from someone. She walked on the roof relaxed, knowing that the man couldn't catch her. She tossed the bag up and down in her hands smiling to herself when she inspected the inside sitting in the shade of the roof.

"That's at least ten meals right here."

The girl placed the money in her pocket, tossing the back down from the roof. She kept climbing the houses for a while, until she was on the end of the town. A small cottage in a horrible condition was in her sight. The view of the small kids playing in-front of it making her smile. She jumped down from the last house, making her way towards it.

"Unnie!"

A small boy ran to her, hugging her leg while a little girl did the same.

"Hey there Hyun-jin, hello Eunbi. How are you guys doing? Where is Shiyeon?"

"Unnie is inside, she's making us food."

Serim smiled at that, her best friend cared so much about the kids. She met Shiyeon about a year after both of her parents died in the fire. She was taking care of her two siblings alone and Serim helped her. Now they were inseparable.

"Shiyeon unnie, I'm back!"

She yelled, receving a yell back as a response. She went to the small room that worked as a kitchen, dining room and their bedroom. The kids had their own room that was also their bathroom and playroom. It wasn't much but hey, it worked. The two teenagers were trying their hardest to make a good childhood for the two rays of sunshine. Serim was only seventeen years old. Yes, Shiyeon was older but only by a year making her eighteen, although her birthday was in two days. Shiyeon was in charge of cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids, Serim provided the money for them and played with the kids, teaching them how to write and count. Unfortunately Shiyeon never went to school, too busy taking care of the kids. Serim wasn't much better, she stopped going to school when she was thirteen since she had to help her parents, but she knew the basics.

Shiyeon and Serim were stressed out these days quite a lot, the saved money Serim brought with her ran out last week, making her take bigged risks stealing, resaulting in almost getting caught several times. Shiyeon was worried that they would send Serim to jail. She wouldn't be able to hande it without Serim. She saved them when they were almost dying, not having eaten properly in several weeks. Shiyeon also made a small amount of money from selling her paintings on the market, but she wouldn't be able to earn enough money for the kids and her, Serim was the only reason they lived so far and she could see how seriously Serim took her position as the 'father' in their family despite her young age.

"What are you thinking about unnie?"

"Just...I'm afraid that something will happen to you,you keep taking bigger and bigger risks because the kids are getting older and need more food and clothes. I understand that you want to take care of them, but what will happen when you get caught? I can't make it withou you and you know that."

"Donvt worry unnie, I met this guy today and he needs someon to help him on his farm, the pay is quite good, and if I keep stealing we can live a bit better."

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

Shiyeon mumbled, hugging the younger tightly.

"I know unnie, I know."

-------

"Serim, can you take these bags to the shop?"

"Yes sir."

Serim stopped cleaning the room that was filled with left over rice. She grabbed the four bags full of white rice, placing them on her back. It was about a month since she started working for the man, his name was Kyungsoo and he owned a big farm outside the town. She carried things from the farm to the shop and back, cleaned everything, helped on the farm when it was harvesting season and took care of the animals on the farm. It was hard and she felt extremly tired every day, but the face of the kids when she brought back home sweets and toys was priceless. She still stole a bit here and there when she had the opportunity, she just couldn't get rid of the habit. Shiyeon was more relaxed these days, they didn't have a lot but enough. They still starved sometimes, but it wasn't as frequent as before. The girl stopped walking and placed the bags of rice on the table behind the shop like she usually did. A tall guy with broad shoulders came out of the back door, picking up one bag.

"Hey Serim, how's it going?"

"Hey Lee, not to great Eunbi is sick and the medicin is quite expensive, but I think we can afford it once I get my salary tommorow. Shiyeon is stressing a bit, you know how she is when it comes to the kids."

"Oh, well I hope that she's going to get better soon, I would love to help you, but you know...I can't."

Lee's mom is quite rich, but she hates poor people, something about them being the scum on earth. Lee is a great guy. Serim met him on her first day she started working here, he was rfeally nice to her, and thei formed a close friendship over the time she's been working here. Lee is also the only person that knows that Serim steals and lives with Shiyeon and the kids. He sometimes helps them when they don't have enough food and both her and Shiyeon really appreciate it.

"Well, I have to go back, see you later."

"See you."

Serim returns to the farm, continuing her work like always. She sorked on one of the many rice fields Kyungsoo owned. The cold water felt good on her bare feet. Her shoes ripped last week making her walk with bare feet everywhere. The day was slowly ending, Serim walking home, exited to see the kids. She had a new toy for them. A young boy threw it away after the ear of the bunny fell, his mother buying him a new one shortly after. Serim picked it up and repared it easily, the toy looking almost new. Eunbi liked bunnies a lot so she was sure that it would lift her spirit once she would see it. Serim smiled at the thought of a smiling Eunbi. The young gitl had adorable diples and a wide smile that could lit up the whole room. Shiyeon sometimes joked she had it after her, since Serim possesed one of the brightest smiles in the world, at least for the two kids.

"I'm home!"

Serim yelled, announcing her arrival (of Everglow). The sound of light footsteps reached her ears as Hyun-jin jumped to her arms. She caught him and spined around a few times, before putting him back on the floor. She reached behind her back, showing him the bunny toy.

"Look what I have, can you give it to Eunbi for me?"

"Yes unnie! Eunbi is going to be so happy."

Hyun-jin was a great older brother for Eunbi. Everyone could see that he deeply cared for her. He cheered her up when she was sad and always helped and protected her. Both of them were inseparable, always playing with each other. His little feet carried him towards the bed that belonged to Eunbi, raising the toy with his hands so Eunbi could see it.

"Look what unnie got you! It's a bunny!"

He smiled exitedly, Euńbi returning his smile, almost twice as big. Grabbing the toy and sitting up on her bed.

"Woah! Thank you unnie!"

Serim only smiled, sitting beside Shiyeon that was looking at her siblings with love.

"How is she?"

"She's getting a bit better, she doesn't cough as much like before, but I'm still worried."

"Don't worry unnie, I'm getting my sallary tommorow and I'm sure we can by the medicine by then."

Shiyeon nodded slightly sighing. Serim knew that she always had a soft spot for Eunbi since she was born a bit smaller and weaker than the rest of the kids. Serim looked at the two kids playing with the toy bunny. She promised herself that she would alway protect them and do everything for them no matter how hard it was and she wasn't planning on giving that promise up anytime soon.