The Fool

The Moon Phases
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________


The Fool
http://www.learntarot.com/maj00.htm

____________________________________________

 


6:50PM.

It was relatively late when the two of them made it back to Taehyung’s family home.

The fact that it was an older style home did absolutely no justice to the weather that ensued outside. The shutters on the old windows smashed up against the house and the roof leaked in a few different areas between the lounge room and hall. It was definitely a lot different to his apartment back in Seoul- Everything was modern, brand new and built of an indestructible concrete that was built to last. It didn’t make it any less cherished for Taehyung, though- His home; The home had character, warmth- This is what his place lacked. It was something that all places he lived in or would ever live could never have.

Taehyung sped into the kitchen to organise putting some hot cocoa on for the two of them in some sort of attempt to warm them both up but to no avail; The weather had cut the power out to the house.

Again- Just Taehyung’s Luck.

“I’m sorry,” Taehyung mumbled- walking back to where the stranger, “Jin”, was still standing, stripping off his drenched raincoat. “The power is out. I can’t put anything on unless you know how to start one of these old fires.”

“You don’t know how to light it?”

Taehyung shook his head, “My father always did it for us- He didn’t want us to burn the place down.”

The older boy chuckled though it seems so far from a laughing situation. Taehyung’s lips pursed.

“I can start it up,” Jin spoke, noting that the mood was not right for any sort of jokes, “In the meantime why don’t you go and have a shower? My raincoat saved my clothes from getting wet but I can’t say the same for you…”

Taehyung didn’t know whether he felt comfortable or not leaving the older boy alone in the house. They barely knew anything about each other besides their first names- And for sure, his parents wouldn’t allow some stranger to be left alone in the house unwatched either; That was just common knowledge. There was a long silence left floating in the air before Taehyung had finally come to a decision.

“You’re right.” He smiled, “I’m sorry, I wouldn’t normally just leave someone-“

“Alone in the house after just meeting?” Jin asked.

Again- It’s like he had read his mind.

“Yeah.” Taehyung muttered.

“Don’t worry, I won’t look at or go through anything that I’m not supposed to- I do have some morals, you know…”

Taehyung noded.

“I won’t be long,” The younger boy spoke, “There’s a teapot next to the fire that you can put on top of it to make hot drinks- Feel free to help yourself to the groceries I bought earlier. I owe you a hot drink, I’m sure…”

With that Taehyung departed the room- gathering some clothes from his bag and then retreated into the bathroom to start the shower. He ran the water as hot as he could handle and then stepped in- Not trying to waste time when there was a stranger hanging out in the lounge area; But he later regrets it. The hot water brought light to all of the cuts and gravel burns that Taehyung actually received from his accident earlier in the day including in places he didn’t realise he had actually gotten wounds in; He watched as his blood and the remnants of gravel washed down into the drain below him.

It’s satisfying for some odd reason.

He lathered an ungodly amount of shampoo into his hair but hissed as he touched a deep cut on the back of his head.

It’s endgame for the shower after that.

It had become too painful to hold himself up in the shower for much longer than he needed to- He reached out and twisted the nozzle to shut off the water then dried and dressed himself. Knowing that he has to return to Jin- He grooms himself, making himself somewhat decent before even deciding to go back out to see the latter- He even probably tried a little too much to fix his appearance, ignoring that fact that some of his wounds were still bleeding through the bandages he had applied on himself. Taehyung exited the bathroom and is immediately made aware of the fact that Jin has gotten the fire going- It’s 20 times warmer inside the house than it was when they first entered; He took a short amount of time to walk around the house, pulling in all the shutters that were flapping against the side of the house and shut the curtains to trap the heat in before making his way to the lounge room that the source of all heat was coming from- The room in which Jin was waiting, looking at some old photos that hung on the walls adjacent to the fireplace.

“Hello.” Taehyung spoke across the distance, making his presence known to the older boy.

Jin turned around.

“Oh, Sorry.” Jin blurted, “I didn’t mean to be nosy- You were just in there for a long time.”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, “It’s Fine…”

“Is this your family?” Jin asked to which Taehyung nodded, standing still in the center of the room.

“I uh, I got the fire going and made some Tea- I hope you don’t mind that I rummaged through the cupboards, I needed to find matches and found both at the same time- So…”

“That’s Cool.” Taehyung smiled, “I’d kill for a hot drink… My hands are still frozen. The weather is insane, huh?”

Jin chuckled a little,

“Yeah.”

Taehyung made his way into the kitchen and reached into the cupboard that has all of the cups in it to pull out two for the both of them along with a couple of Teaspoons and then returns to the Lounge room where Jin is now sitting on the rug next to the fireplace- waiting for the latter to return. Taehyung grabbed the Teapot and poured the both of them a drink, taking great care to give Jin his mug without getting the shakes.

“Thanks.” Jin smiled- grateful. He puts the cup to his lips and takes a long sip from it.

With Taehyung’s own cup in hand he joins the older boy in sitting by the fire in an attempt to keep himself warm; The heat of his mug is almost unbearably hot to the touch yet alone to be able to drink from it at the moment- Nonetheless he does his best to hold the cup in his hands.

Jin flipped on an old battery powered radio that is sitting next to Taehyung’s father’s chair when the silence between them becomes a little too deafening and Taehyung can’t fault him for it. There’s a lot of static at first but with a few twists and turns of the AM/FM nozzle- Jin is able to bring the small handheld radio to life; He looked at Taehyung who offers a small smile in congratulations for getting it going. From what Taehyung remembered it was just another Vintage piece that had collected dust over the years- Something his father had hoarded. It was good to know that amongst some of the clutter there were a few useful items lying about.

The end of a song is cut off by many advertisements but it’s the News Report that catches their attention.

“We’re giving live updates on what’s happening tonight once an hour, every hour-“ The reporter spoke, “I hope you’re all ready to be settled in for the night because the weather is here to stay! We’re getting reports of trees being uprooted from the ground, power lines being damaged causing power outages across the nation, roof’s being torn off of houses as well as multiple reports of fatalities- talk about one hell of a storm, right? We’re RXX 102.5; The radio station with updates once an hour, every hour. Keep with us for more news and current events but now here’s Girl Group ’High’ with their new single Pop! Pop! Pop!“

Jin lowers the volume.

“It looks as though we might be bunking in for a while,“ The older boy broke the silence, “You’re sure you don’t mind me being here? There’s a break in the weather outside and I might be able to make it back-“

Taehyung interrupted.

“It’s Fine. I’d feel bad if I let you go out there in this weather after all you helped me with.”

“It’s no problem any person with a heart would have done the same.”

Taehyung took a moment to observe the older boy now that he isn’t in as much pain- Jin has his gaze fixated on the fire and Taehyung watches as the flames flicker inside Jin’s eyes. He unwillingly fidgets with the sleeve of the sweater that he is wearing. Jin was otherworldly; He possessed genetics that didn’t even seem possible to Taehyung. Before he knew it, Taehyung was biting down on his lip- completely entr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter