Six of Swords

The Moon Phases
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________

Six of Swords
http://www.learntarot.com/s6.htm

____________________________________________

 


It had been three days since Taehyung had arrived back at his Parents Home; Three long and lonesome days spent curled up in his old bedroom that was now transformed into being a room befitting of his little sister, moping. Taehyung knew that today he was going to have to leave the warmth and safety of the house and venture out to get at least a little sunlight and some human interaction today- But he just didn’t want to get up and do it; It wasn’t that he was unmotivated to do so- He just didn’t want to have to go out and face a little more of the reality than he was already having to.

It already felt like too much.

With a sigh, Taehyung dragged himself to the bathroom to have a warm shower- He made sure to lather himself in so much soap and hair products that people wouldn’t notice he had been in the same clothes since the morning after he arrived. He couldn’t even remember how long he had been doing this for now- This putting on a facade to somehow make other people believe that things were fine when in reality they were far from it; It was a habit he had picked up over time from being with Hoseok- He guessed, because he never remembered doing it prior to then.

...He was doing it again. Thinking about Him.

Once Taehyung was done in the shower- He walked into the kitchen to browse through the cupboards and fridge to see what necessities he could purchase while he was in town. He made a mental note of all the supplies that he was running short on even though he knew quite well that his mind would overthink things before he even got to the Supermarket and that he’d forget before he got the chance to remember-

But these are the chances Taehyung took.

Taehyung walked outside and locked the door behind himself. He didn’t realise how bright it was outside- He could only briefly remember how hard it had rained on the night that he arrived.

He rubbed his eyes as his vision began to haze over- It felt as though a migraine was brewing but Taehyung pushed it aside.

Taehyung started walking over towards the Garden Shed and unlocked it to grab out his old Bike that he used to ride to school with; It would get him where he needed to be and back faster.

And he was right-

Before he knew it he was in his home town; Taehyung’s legs ached from not having moved much in the last few days. His house was somewhat rural but the actual distance to town wasn’t that far; It was always like stepping back in time when he returned- Nothing really changed. The buildings were all still the same, The bunches over power lines that hung overhead were still the same- All was the same until he came to the corner that the Supermarket was on in which it had now been demolished and was being turned into a subdivision for a group of other retail buildings. Taehyung let out a groan of dissatisfaction- Just his luck that on the day he left his phone behind at home he would have to search for somewhere else that he could do his shopping; Maybe the town had changed, afterall.

There was no time to dwell on it.

Taehyung turned his bike around and started to pedal again towards where one was on the far side of town that he remembered his Father shopping at. To be honest, he wasn’t sure of the exact route and didn’t really know the area well but anything was worth the shot- He couldn’t go back empty handed.

Thankfully his intuition had proven to be right this time around. After going down a few streets that lead him to nowhere- He was finally able to locate the Supermarket that was on the opposite side of his town; This area in particular had a bunch more construction going on and high-rises being built than the normal area he roamed in- However it seemed that as he had come in this direction there was also a change in the weather. It was now a lot cloudier and began spitting just as Taehyung pulled his bike up to the Curb.

He wasted no time in getting inside.

A bell went off to signal Taehyung’s entrance and a lady, presumably the owner, greeted him as he made himself in view of the counter.

“Hello.” Taehyung bowed.

He went about his shopping as normal but later ended up walking down an aisle that wasn’t on the internal list he had made for himself but more for the fact of it being comfort food and picked out a few things that he knew would appease some of what he had been yearning for. He heard the bell go off as if someone had entered the store and looked up- noticing finally that it was raining a lot heavier outside than it had been before; He watched as the silhouette of a person walked down along the drinks fridges- It looked as though it might have been another person his age but he couldn’t tell.

“This is all, Thanks.” Taehyung says, putting all of his items on the counter for the woman he had seen when he entered.

The lady smiled and began to scan his items.

“Not very good weather to be out on a Bicycle is it?” She tries to make conversation.

Taehyung looks outside and shakes his head.

“Not particularly.”

“I’m closing up shop after you leave- There’s supposed to be a bad storm coming so I want to get home in time to tie down all the things that might fly off outside.”

“There is?” Taehyung asks, to which the woman nods her head, “That’s good to know.”

The bell signals again that someone has entered or exited but Taehyung doesn’t turn around to inspect.

She rings the till up, “That’ll be $76.50.”

Taehyung reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, rummaging through it to find the correct amount of change and notes needed and handed it over to the lady who was quietly observing him.

She bags his items.

“Get home safe.” She looked up at him with a slight furrow in her eyebrows, handing him the bags over the counter; The woman had been kind enough to double bag his items so that they wouldn’t get wet on his trip home.

Taehyung smiled, “Thank You.”

With that, Taehyung left the store, putting the groceries in the basket in front of his Bike and pedaled off without much thought as the Rain hammered down around him.

He thinks that he remembers most of the turns he took in order to get to the Supermarket- But during one of them he mistakenly takes a wrong turn, biking down towards a construction site instead. It seems as though, if possible, it rains a little harder than before all of a sudden as Taehyung curses himself for taking the incorrect turn. His clothes are drenched by this point and he can see that some of the groceries in paper packaging are beginning to get wet. The sound of construction workers talking in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter