❥ 004

Just In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

AN UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER

 

  

 

Eunji's POV.

I walked into the company with a light heart. I was truly thankful to have Bomi and Youngji in my life. Ever since what happened, they never fail to make sure that my well-being is a priority.

As I made my way to my office, workers bowed at me and I signaled for them to continue what they were doing. There weren't that many workers anyway since it was a Sunday. The company doesn't make anyone work on Sundays but some people come in order to finish their work from the week or to get an early start on work for the upcoming week.

At first, I only came on Sundays to see if there was any extra work needed to be done but then it gradually became a habit to work on Sundays. 

Once I reached my office, my assistant, Kim Mingyu, stood up to greet me and I smiled at him before entering my office. He stated while following behind, "Besides a meeting with some of the directors, there is nothing else on your schedule today. Do you need me to help you with anything?"

I sat down in my chair and looked up at Mingyu with a meek smile, "Can you get me something to eat?" He replied, "Of course. Would you like something to drink with that? Maybe some coffee or tea?" "Surprise me?" He gave me a nod. 

I smiled to myself once he left. Mingyu was someone I really appreciated. I've known him for a long time now. He was a high school hoobae.

I was taking a walk around school when I stumbled upon Mingyu. He was getting bullied since he was the new transfer student. I felt bad for him so I reached out to him and we became friends. When the other students saw that he started hanging out with me, they stopped bullying him.  

When I think about it, it's funny to think that he got bullied considering how he looks now. Mingyu may be very tall and handsome now but back then, he was pretty dorky. I laughed at the thought. 

It was a very unexpected friendship but we found out that we had a lot in common. We eventually lost touch when I graduated high school.

But when I was preparing to become a president, oppa wanted me to have an assistant, even though I said I didn't think I needed one. So, he found someone he approved of and it happened to be Mingyu.

Mingyu has been so helpful and he is always ready to assist me with anything. Despite the fact that I tell him that he doesn't need to come on Sundays when I barely have anything on my schedule, he still comes. I was glad to have someone like him as my assistant.

Just as I started to look through the folders on my desk, I heard a knock on my door and I assumed it was Mingyu. "You can come in." He walked in holding a small tray with a sandwich and a cup of coffee, "The cafeteria didn't have a lot of options today since it's Sunday. I hope this is okay."

I signaled for him to leave the tray on my desk, "You can go home now, I'm dismissing you from work. I can take care of the meeting myself and I have plans afterwards so I'll be leaving once it's over." He gave me a questioning look, "Are you sure?" I nodded with a smile, "Yes, now go."

Mingyu tilted his head with doubt in his eyes but I shooed him away. He started to leave but turned around to say, "I'm only a call away, so just call me if you need anything." I nodded and shooed him again.

A few hours later.

After my meeting, I walked back into my office to see Hoseok oppa along with the guys. "EUNJI!" They all came rushing towards me with open arms. I smiled, "You guys, I can't breathe." "Oh." They all let me go.

Jungkook gave me a hug, "It's been too long since I've seen you noona!" I thought to myself and realized that the last time we all got together was be

Please log in to read the full chapter