❥ 003

Just In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

AN AWKWARD MORNING

 

 

 

Eunji's POV.

I woke up with a huge headache. Once I started to grasp my surroundings, I was confused as this wasn't my room. I widened my eyes and gasped at a possible situation. Pushing the blanket off me quickly, I sighed in relief seeing that I was still wearing last night's outfit.

I looked around and saw my clutch. I took out my phone to see a bunch of missed calls and texts. At that same moment, I noticed the time and realized that I was gonna be late for work. I got up from the bed and grabbed my things.

When I walked out, I smelled something good in the air. Being curious, I followed the scent into the kitchen to see a man's back. He turned around and I recognized him to be Mark. "Oh, you're awake." I tilted my head, "Is this your house? Why am I here?"

He chuckled, "Technically, it's not only my house but also Jinyoung and Jackson's. Do you not remember anything that happened last night?" I shook my head, "What happened?" He was about to answer when I felt my phone vibrate, "Sorry, can you hold that thought, someone is calling me."

I turned around and answered the phone as it was Bomi, "Hello?" "Oh my goodness, you're alive! What happened to you last night?" "Um, can we talk about that later?" "Okay, I guess we can but where are you?" "I'm at Mark's place. I'm assuming you know where that's located since he said it's also Jinyoung's. Do you think you can pick me up? With a spare change of clothes too please?" "Mark's place? How did you end up there? Nevermind that. I'll be there soon!"

Bomi ended the call before I could say thank you. I put my phone away and turned back to Mark. "Do you want anything while you wait? I'm in the middle of making coffee, but I can make you some ginger tea for your hangover?"

I didn't necessarily feel hungover but not wanting to be rude when he offered, I nodded, "That would be nice, thank you." He nodded and signaled for me to sit.

Mark's POV.

Once I finished making our drinks, I set hers in front of her and sat across from her. She took a sip and meekly asked, "By any chance, did I do anything wrong last night?" I gave her a questioning look, "You really don't remember?"

She shook her head. I thought back to last night, when she grabbed my arm and asked me to not leave. I wonder if I should mention that. Probably not, I shouldn't dig into it too much.

I responded, "Don't worry about it. You just knocked out and I couldn't get in touch with anyone to take you home. So, I took you here." She nodded slowly, "Sorry about that. I hope I wasn't too much of an inconvenience." I took a sip of my coffee, "Better me than some other stranger."

After a couple of awkward seconds, she spoke up, "Well, thank you for taking care of me even though you barely know me. I really appreciate it." "Don't mention it. I'm pretty sure our friends would say the same." She gave a nod and took a sip of her tea.

Once again, it was awkward. I usually never have a hard time keeping a conversation going, especially with girls. But with Eunji, my throat kept feeling dry.

I cleared up my throat, "Speaking of friends, how long have you been friends with Bomi and Youngji? I've never seen you around." "Oh, we've been best friends since middle school. I just don't go out that often anymore." Anymore? I wonder what she means by that.

"What about you?" I looked at her, "What about me?" "What about you, Jinyoung and Jackson?" "We've been friends since high school." I was about to say something more but the doorbell rang. "I'm assuming that your ride is here."

Eunji nodded and stood up while grabbing her belongings. While we walked to the door together, she looked at me, "Thank you again, I'd be happy to buy you a meal sometime to repay you back." I shook my head, "No need." "Well, the o

Please log in to read the full chapter