Chapter 37- The Loss of Something Vital.

You're Kidding Right?

Chapter 37- The Loss of Something Vital. 

 

Daehyun's legs ached. He had been running for miles, trying to find Hanuel or Zelo. They heard her screams, they smelt his blood. The pain ached his legs wasn't as painful as the pain in his chest. He had to keep running, He had to find them. He stuck to the dirt paths that the cars used to get through the forest, thinking if Hanuel was kidnapped that she would be forced into a car against her will.

He stopped, his tail whished as his tongue fell out of his mouth due to his heavy pants. His wolf form was faster than his human, he could smell for miles but he didn't understand why couldn't he find his way to Hanuel or Zelo. He would catch traces of their scents but then it would disappear under an even thicker smell. He held his head high and sniffed the air. He couldn't smell them out. But he caught the scent of an unknown wolf that the breezed had blown towards him. His ears picked up, straining to hear any sounds. Then he heard it. 

Pounding on the ground it sound like two pairs of feet, no four, six? They were coming to fast. They were coming to fast- towards him.

He knew there would be to many for him to fend off and live, the best chance he had of survival was to sprint and try to loose them. So he took off, swiftly dodging trees, rocks; paws pounding on the ground as he ignored the fire that crawled up his legs screaming for him to stop. Unluckily for him, these new found wolves were more than hyped up and sickly excited for the chase of a pray. He stayed fairly close to the dirt road. Small sharp rocks pierced his paws while the twigs of bushs and the undergrowth scraped his face, not hard enough to cut but enough to hurt. Finding it too painful to bear he decided to run up the more or less smooth dirt road. 

The wolves caught up with him, he could feel them behind him. Their teeth snapping at his hand legs, growls errupting from their throats. One set of jaws managed to clamp onto his left leg and bring him down, Daehyun followed his animalistic instinct and immediately snapped back. The metalic taste of blood flooded his tongue as his teeth tore through the flesh of his attacker. With a shriek the wolf jumped back; enraged.

Stood before him was two wolves that were only an inch or two shorter than him, one with dull grey fur that was matted with the blood of others and the other was a mix of grey, brown and white that held a crazed look in its eyes. There was no way he was going to back down without a fight. With all his strenght, his pulled the all grey one down to the ground using his teeth. The other wolf took the chance to pounce on Daehyun but was shook off. Growls were all that could be heard, cuts were made that were going to stay as scars. 

Daehyun knew he needed to take one down quickly to give him an advantage. He charged at the almost rabid, mixed fur wolf making it look like he was going to attack it but swurved and pounced on the other one. Quickly, his jaws clamped down on its neck and with a strong, determined twist its neck was snapped. 

He slowly backed up victorious of the battle, but the war was not won yet. Breathing heavily, he assessed the wolf before him. If the look in its was scary before, the look now could make a grown man weak on his knees. Obviously enraged by the death of its comrade, the look in its eyes was blood thirsty. It charged at him, a fierce battle cry errupting from its chest. Daehyun knew he wouldn't have the strenght to hold off the attack so he dodged.

But not fast enough. 

There was a crack, then unbearable pain shooting from his thigh all the way down to his foot. His leg was broken and now he was at an disadvantage. Daehyun tried to fend the wolf off, growling at him ferociously and snapping at its face. But with the limping broken leg the wolf was not backing down. The merciless wolf pounced on Daehyun, breaking his other hind leg. His howl cried out through the forest. Daehyun was too weak to maintain his wolf form and unwillingly changed back. The wolf slowly backed up, circling Daehyun who was unable to get up as if the wolf was teasing him, mocking him.  The wolf was ready to give Daehyun a slow painful death. But the wolf didn't expect an important fact. 

Yoo Motherf*cking Youngjae. 

The car was speeding too fast to notice because of the wolf's focus on Daehyun and soon enough Youngjae had rammed the car into the wolf. With a cry, the wolf flew up onto the hood of the car, its ribs breaking and piercing its lungs. The wolf's eyes rolled back into death. 

Youngjae flung the car open, tears b in his eyes; he ran over to Daehyun. He feel to his knees beside Daehyun, gently putting Daehyun's head on his lap. 

"Youngjae?" He weakly called out. 

"D-d-daehyun," He whispered. 

"I'm sorry," Daehyun started to speak but his voice cracked. "I'm sorry for not acceppting you as my mate, I'm sorry for turning distant towards you, I-"

"You're saying that like you're going to leave me," Youngjae interrupted, his eyes almost crazed, you could tell he was hysterical. 

A sad smile graced Daehyun's lips. 

"Jung Daehyun, don't you dare look at me like that," Youngjae cried. 

With all the strenght he had Daehyun lifted his hand to cradle the side of his beloved's face. 

"I- I-," He wanted to explained why he turned away from Youngjae but changed his mind and said something else. 

"I love you.

WhY hElLo ThErE. It'S bEeN a WhIlE.

Dear lord I nearly cried, I was listening to Dango the Clannad OST (I've never watched the anime but I can across the song and fell in love with it) and ohmigash the whole chorus loud passionate bit started when I typed 'I love you' and I was like IT IS FATE.

DAEJAE FOREVER.

I thought I would never write . LOL guess I'm wrong. But srsly. srsly. Do not worry children- Daehyun does not die. But Zelo did for all those asking lol. MIANHAE.