Three

My Bestfriend || Lee Jangjun

"Hey, hey, look at me!" I glare at Yein. I called her over to become my audience and she has the audacity to play with her phone while I practice!

 

"Take it easy, hun. You've been practicing for 3 hours straight now, aren't you tired?"

 

"I can't be tired, the audition is tomorrow" I whine. I am really really nervous, I have such a short time to practice and I want to do it all out. I really do not want to fail this audition and this really causes me to push myself so hard.

 

"Alright but if you think about it, would you be able to perform perfectly if you're too tired?"

 

This is soooo Yein, she acts like a mom sometimes.

 

I make a sad face. "Okay but do you think I am good enough? Do you think I would pass?"

 

"Girlll, youre flawless! Don't worry too much about it but you gotta do some makeup tomorrow, okay? How many days have you been staying up late, you look like a panda now" Yein is speaking the truth, my eyebags and dark circles are really apparent. I have been staying up to practice since I study and prepare for the final exam on daytime. I kind of excel at my academics but that does not mean I can take them easy, right? 

 

"I've been staying up since the day Jangjun told me about the audition. The makeup, you do it for me!"

 

"Sure, sure" she laughs, knowing I don't do makeup that much and I know only the simple things; face powder and lipstick. "Okay now, let me see you play the violin one last time and then we're gonna wrap this up because you need to have enough sleep, alright?"

 

"Okay, mummy"

 

So, I play for the last time, after Yein convinces me that I will do well. I am not really the anxious type but this opportunity doesn't come often so I really need to do well this time. This just really means a lot to me.

 

.

 

"How do I look?" I hold the hem of my white dress and start spinning my body.

 

"Do you want me to say the truth or just tell you what you want to hear?" I glare at Seungmin, this guy is seriously a big tease!

 

"!" I try to smack him.

 

They all laugh. "Hey Jangjun, how does Yujeong look today" Time feels slow at this moment. Is it because I am scared of the answer? I do feel extra pretty and I will not hide the fact that I am kind of excited to let Jangjun see me dressing up like this. He has seen me in so many conditions before, would this look surprise him?

 

"Erm, yes, ahaaa, extra pretty with the makeup" he says while acting like he is observing me with a hand on his chin. They keep wheezing.

 

"Bastards!!" And I turn around to make sure they do not see my reddening cheeks.

 

.

 

"Ay, what was that?" Seungmin smacks Jangjun's shoulder.

 

"What was what?"

 

"Extra pretty with the makeup~~" Seungmin reenacts Jangjun's compliment.

 

"Shut up, alright?"

 

"Man, are you blushing?" Yein and Seungmin laugh at Jangjun's red cheeks.

 

"Oh my god, that really came from the heart wasn't it?" Them teasing Jangjun is not something new and Jangjun denying all the accusations is not something new as well. The other members would always try to sail the ship of Jangjun and Yujeong but with the presence of Sungyoon, the ship stopped sailing for a while and now that they have broken up, they are trying again.

 

"Shut up already!!" Jangjun cannot hide his smile anymore. "Geez, what's wrong with you guys, can't I compliment her?"

 

"Nothing's wrong, we just can't wait for your confession" Yein teases him again. Jangjun's feelings are not kept really well that everyone can actually expect it from the way he usually treats Yujeong, it is just so apparent to them that Yujeong is definitely more special than a friend. And it becomes more obvious after she broke up with that mf Sungyoon, Jangjun is just ridiculously worried about everything.

 

"What confession!" Jangjun smacks both of his friends. The brunette is never the shy type because whenever he really becomes shy, he would crack a joke or change the topic easily.

 

.

 

I walk out of the audition room with the result in my hand. We weren't allowed to have any audience. There were only the participants and the judges; the orchestra members.

 

I got to know a few new people today. Some of them passed as well which means I would be working on the project with them. The show would be held three months later, around two months after the next semester started. I also got to greet some of the existing orchestra members who were from the Faculty of Arts and they were so friendly. One of them, Joochan, who was also a violinist even offered to let me practice privately with him. He was well-known for his performance of Paganini's Caprice 24.

 

Yein, Jangjun and Seungmin are sitting on a bench at the corridor. "Guess who passed!!!!!" I scream.

 

"Oh my god, oh my god!!!!" we all jump and hug each other.

 

"I told you, you would definitely do great!" Yein says.

 

"I was very nervous, okay? This is a great and rare opportunity for me to join something I like."

 

"Hey hey, I look at you just once and knew you would nail it!" Seungmin pats my shoulder.

 

"Thank you guys, you are so supportive." I hug them again. "But now I'm hungry, it's lunchtime already"

 

"Okay princess, let me buy you some food!" Jangjun raises his eyebrow to me.

 

I reach out my hand in the princess way. "Sure, slave!"

 

Being confident and chill will help me relax my abnormally fast beating heart, right? Dear face, please do not get red!

 

.

 

"Yeay!!!!!!!!" I jump to Myungeun once I see her outside the exam hall.

 

Our finals have officially ended and now I have a one-month holiday which will be started with a trip with those es. They all had their last paper yesterday while as an economics student, I am the last one to finish my finals. Myungeun is the closest to me in this class and I actually tried getting her into our group but Myungeun already has her own circle from high school.

 

"The last question was HARD hard and Jane just HAD TO make it worth 15 marks! I do not even know what I was thinking while writing the essay!" Myungeun whines.

 

Both of us usually obtain good grades and by 'good grades' I mean it is not that good but just enough to get into the dean's list. I am not the type to talk about a paper after we finished answering them so this time, I let Myungeun does the talking. She talks and talks and complains about how she could not focus answering the exam because she kept thinking about the cheesecake she had last night. I listen attentively to her until I see something. I stop.

 

"Wow, look who is here as well" Sungyoon says with that annoyingly handsome smile on his face. Yes, I broke up with him but that does not make his smile less handsome. I did think he should be an idol or something but with that ty attitude, I now think he shouldn't.

 

"Move away, you're blocking my path" I shot him a boring look. Myungeun squeezes my hand.

 

"Why should I? A like you don't deserve such clear way"

 

"What do you want, Choi Sungyoon? I don't get why you're holding grudges to me"

 

And my phone rings. It's Jangjun and I pick up immediately. "Hey Jun, wait, I'm on my way. I don't have that much to pack"

 

"Ohh, is that Jangjun? The boy you cheated on me with? Going home with him? What a hoe" The people around start whispering with each other.

 

I can hear Jangjun getting mad on the other line. "When the did I cheat on you? YOU cheated on me, stop twisting the story and ing about it!"

 

Myungeun pulls my hand. "Let's just go" She whispered.

 

"Damn, cheaters just won't admit, huh?" he smirks.

 

"YOU are the ing cheater. you big time, . I got no time for you" I pull Myungeun's hand and walk away through the small way.

 

.

 

"Oh hey, you're here" I close the door and walk towards Jangjun who is sitting on my bed.

 

"What the hell happened? Why did you hang up the call?" He looks mad and I am genuinely scared. He stands up. "Why did you arrive here later than usual?" He looks at my eyes. "Why are your eyes red" His gaze softens.

 

I kind of expected Jangjun to show up in my room so I took my time to relax myself at the park which involves crying. I did get over my relationship with Sungyoon and I am always prepared for any fight he would pick up whenever he sees me but the stares I have been receiving from the people around are just too much. They look at me like I have '' written on my forehead and knowing the influence Sungyoon has around our faculty really gets me overthinking sometimes. He is a rich kid with a big circle of friends.

 

"Hey, look at me" I see worries in Jangjun's eyes.

 

"I am okay, already. Don't worry." I smile to reassure him.

 

"You are obviously not okay, why do you keep saying you are?" He sighs and sit on my bed. "Moving on is not easy, it is okay to not be okay, alright? It is just normal. You don't have to keep your feelings like this"

 

I gather the bags I am planning to bring to the trip and take the things I have not packed. "But I am seriously okay. I just don't like how he keeps on dropping false stories about me"

 

"We all know it's not true. I can finish him for you, you know. I knocked him out with a single punch and I am so ready to do it again. But now, I want you to cheer up first. You aren't that pretty so you kind of look extra ugly when you cry so I don't want to see that again, please? Hm?"

 

"I am over him, Jangjun. As I said, just the stares. I felt humiliated and embarrassed. I don't care about him anymore" I sit facing him on the bed.

 

Why isn't he responding? Why is he looking at me like that?

 

"I know you don't trust me but I am being truthful now. I thought you can read me well, don't you see how fine I am without him in my life? By the way, you are nothing but uglier than me" I smack his head and go back to packing.

 

"Um, huh, you. Okay, I'm going. Call us once you're done." He quickly goes out.

 

'What's wrong with him'

 

.

 

Jangjun slams his back to the door once he closes it.

 

"Why was she looking at me like that"

 

He calms down his panic and walks to his room.

 

....................................................................................

 

I am sorry this is so late too, I had my final exam so now I can dedicate my time for writing! So do expect an update soon lol but don't get mad at me if it's not so 'soon' hahaha

 

Anyway, do you guys want a side story for Juri and Youngtaek? I know this is a freaking random ship, I'm sorry .___. Please comment if you guys want it. If there is no response, I won't do it :)

 

Thank you for reading my story!!